Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "When I touch that field again, you're going to feel my pain"

Default "When I touch that field again, you're going to feel my pain"

Jamaal Charles of Kansas City Chiefs ahead of schedule, talking big - ESPN

I love this his quote and have only one thing to say

CHARLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    This is only a snip of his interview. He also talked a lot of Hillis and what he brings to the team and all but said Hillis was a huge improvement over Thomas Jones but stopped and collected his thoughts and then said they are a lot alike.

They did a review of Charles and his career 6 YPC carry after his interview this week and they basically said that in short yardage situation, Charles suffered and needed Jone to take those carries. In every game but one, he at least a run of 17 yards or more.

I do think you will see Hillis getting a good portion of carries just as Jones did.
    Makes sense to me.

i love his attitude but i wish he did not make that declaration. you often curse yourself when you make such a bold statement
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

oh they are definantly going to feel his pain the dude is pumped to be back

Cool vid! Can't wait to see him tearing up defenses again!!!

I have no doubt that JC is a great talent. But study after study shows that RB's that suffer ACL injuries never perform again at the high level they were before the injury.Same goes with Berry who will need to make serious cuts to make tackles or try to int the ball.

Don't believe me, read below.

Psych Central - Performance of wide receivers, running backs post-ACL injury falls by one third

http://www.emaxhealth.com/1506/acl-i...ng-nfl-players

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I have no doubt that JC is a great talent. But study after study shows that RB's that suffer ACL injuries never perform again at the high level they were before the injury.Same goes with Berry who will need to make serious cuts to make tackles or try to int the ball.

Don't believe me, read below.

Psych Central - Performance of wide receivers, running backs post-ACL injury falls by one third

http://www.emaxhealth.com/1506/acl-i...ng-nfl-players
    I saw another report that seemed to indicate that the younger a player was (and the fewer games they had played) the less the drop-off was when they finally did return. Charles, Berry and Moeoki are all relatively young.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I saw another report that seemed to indicate that the younger a player was (and the fewer games they had played) the less the drop-off was when they finally did return. Charles, Berry and Moeoki are all relatively young.
    Do you have a link? I like to read it, I searched for any article that would indicate this, but I am having a hard time locating it. Every reputable medical journal/ article on ACL injuries that i have read say the very opposite.

I know that DMac's injury can become chronic and could very well worsen. OTA reports say that he looked 100%, but I am skeptical after reading up on his type of injury.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Do you have a link? I like to read it, I searched for any article that would indicate this, but I am having a hard time locating it. Every reputable medical journal/ article on ACL injuries that I have read say the very opposite.

I know that DMac's injury can become chronic and could very well worsen. OTA reports say that he looked 100%, but I am skeptical after reading up on his type of injury.
    Sorry, Yoda. I posted it here last season, but i had trouble finding it again.

Here is the link: ACL surgery research shows decline in running back stats

The article focuses on 8 different players and their performances after ACL Surgery.

Here is a brief quote from the article:

The numbers above make it clear -- the older a running back is at the time of an ACL tear, the worse his chances are to be productive the following season. We have also learned that suffering the ailment early in a season can be an advantage, as it allows more time to rehab and recover. That's the reason I'm not as worried about Charles. While a decrease in production should be expected compared to his 2010 totals, he'll have had far more time than Peterson and Mendenhall to come back. Charles is also just 25 years old, so he clearly has youth on this side.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Lord I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Sorry, Yoda. I posted it here last season, but i had trouble finding it again.

Here is the link: ACL surgery research shows decline in running back stats

The article focuses on 8 different players and their performances after ACL Surgery.

Here is a brief quote from the article:
    That was an interesting article....JC may have a chance. One things to note is running style. The two backs who were most productive after this devastating injury were Jamal Lewis and Ronnie Brown and yes they were both young. But their running styles are far different than JC. This two guys were bruisers, not so much cut and go and use speed to avoid the defender. Infact, the guys on that list who reached 1,000 yards after the ACL injury were those types of backs. JC depended on his speed and elusiveness. That is the one thing going against him, his running style after the ACL injury.

As much as I hate the Chiefs, I hate to see a guy go down like this. This is his livelyhood and he worked his whole life to get here. KC signed Hillis for obvious reasons, JC will be productive in spots, but never again the same player.
    Last edited by Yoda; 05-27-2012 at 12:04 AM.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast