Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "When I touch that field again, you're going to feel my pain"

Default "When I touch that field again, you're going to feel my pain"

Jamaal Charles of Kansas City Chiefs ahead of schedule, talking big - ESPN

I love this his quote and have only one thing to say

CHARLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I can't wait for the season to start, but we need our team ACL ready. We are at least 3 wins less without JC, Berry and Moeaki.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Well we finally got depth so we dont have to wonder what Canadian the backup player is from....and why they let him go.

"If you're worrying about me not being the same, just look out for me this year," Charles told the Star. "I'm hungry. I want it this year. I've got the passion for it. I just can't wait to play football. I can't wait to bring stuff back to this community and show them how much we can win. I feel like this is a year for us that we can go all the way. I'm saying that because I feel it in me that I can bring a lot to the team this year, being bigger, stronger and maybe even faster."...
    Perhaps this is just Charles trying to sound extra confident because he'll have competition in Hillis this year but I like what I read here.

TOUCHDOWN

KAAAAANSAAS CITY!

Jamaal Charles on an 80 yard run tastes the sweet nectar of the endzone

I can hear Mitch now

the guy sounds like he means business scary thought to think of him having the o-line that he has. watch out nfl

I expect to see some defenses seriously scratching their heads this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Perhaps this is just Charles trying to sound extra confident because he'll have competition in Hillis this year but I like what I read here.
    This is only a snip of his interview. He also talked a lot of Hillis and what he brings to the team and all but said Hillis was a huge improvement over Thomas Jones but stopped and collected his thoughts and then said they are a lot alike.

They did a review of Charles and his career 6 YPC carry after his interview this week and they basically said that in short yardage situation, Charles suffered and needed Jone to take those carries. In every game but one, he at least a run of 17 yards or more.

I do think you will see Hillis getting a good portion of carries just as Jones did.

i think we will have a scary 1-2 punch this year. if hillis can get his confidence back i think he is improvement over jones amd the fact our oline is improved. just hope charles doesnt push his knee to hard to fast. id ratherhim come back later than to rei.jure that. and that goes for all three players. charles, moeoki, and berry.

I wouldnt be surprised, and would in fact be very happy to see the workload be similar to what it was in 2010 when T. Jones had the majority of carries, especially in the first half of the season. A lot of people complained that Haley was "saving" Charles and they should give him more carries, but it worked out very well as the season went on, Ds would tire out and JC would run all over them.

I wouldnt be surprised (and would be very happy) to see a 50/35/15 % split with Hillis/Charles/Others (DMC, Gray, etc).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast