Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Five observations from today's Chiefs practice

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    674
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Default Five observations from today's Chiefs practice


    0 Not allowed!
    Some quick observations from today's Chiefs practice, the first full-squad practice of the year:
    1. The Chiefs have yet to put their top draft pick, nose tackle Dontari Poe, with the starters. Veteran Amon Gordon was the starter at nose tackle.
    2. Dexter McCluster may still play some at running back, but for now hes a wide receiver. McCluster worked exclusively with the receivers. McCluster was also first in line when the Chiefs returned punts. That line also featured Javier Arenas, Steve Breaston and Devon Wylie.
    3. Seven players did not practice because of injury: Jamaal Charles, Tony Moeaki, Eric Berry, Kendrick Lewis, Brandon Siler, DeQuan Menzie and Rob Bruggeman. Charles, Moeaki, Berry and Siler missed all or most of last season. Lewis had off-season shoulder surgery. Menzie (hamstring) and Bruggeman (finger) have lingering injuries from the recent rookie camp.
    4. With Berry, Lewis and Menzie on the sideline, the Chiefs used Travis Daniels, a cornerback, and Terrance Parks, an undrafted rookie, as their starting safeties.
    5. Kansas coach Charlie Weis, a former Chiefs offensive coordinator, was an observer at practice.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg FL
    Posts
    331
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Wow, I didn't realize Weiss left Florida
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Interesting notes- thanks for posting!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    444
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Weiss is the new coach at KU!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yeah its kinda a big imiddlle finger to todd haley being he said he wanted to be in florida for his family and moved to the kc area less than a year after said remark.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Kind of shocking that Weis was at practice. It does say a lot of about the power struggle that was takin place between Haley and Weis. Based on the fact that Weis is there and Haley was fired, I'm guessing Weis leaving was likely not Pioli's choice but was a result of Todd being Todd.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,984
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 431

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Kind of shocking that Weis was at practice. It does say a lot of about the power struggle that was takin place between Haley and Weis. Based on the fact that Weis is there and Haley was fired, I'm guessing Weis leaving was likely not Pioli's choice but was a result of Todd being Todd.
    Exactly! I believe that to be the case with all of the OC's under Haley's regime.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,104
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 132

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I will admit, I never really thought poorly of Haley and didnt believe all of the "rumors" that he was an a-hole. Now with all the info we have, and especially with Weiss visiting us, I cannot help but think I was very wrong. I cant help but wonder how we would have looked last year without Haley and with Weiss as OC ...

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I will admit, I never really thought poorly of Haley and didnt believe all of the "rumors" that he was an a-hole. Now with all the info we have, and especially with Weiss visiting us, I cannot help but think I was very wrong. I cant help but wonder how we would have looked last year without Haley and with Weiss as OC ...
    Thats the same thought I had this morning. The offense wa never the same once Weiss announced he was leaving. It seems like Haley may have been pulling the strings during the playoff loss as well as December of that year. No chance of him coming back at this point though.

    Is Jim Zorn still part of this team?


  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,104
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 132

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Thats the same thought I had this morning. The offense wa never the same once Weiss announced he was leaving. It seems like Haley may have been pulling the strings during the playoff loss as well as December of that year. No chance of him coming back at this point though.

    Is Jim Zorn still part of this team?
    He is still listed as the QB coach on the team website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A few observations and questions
    By figcrostic in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 09:45 PM
  2. Raiders K Sebastian Janikowski out for Today's game
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 05:54 PM
  3. Dark Cloud Reaction To Today's Game Against Buffalo!
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:46 AM
  4. The Silver Lining Reaction To Today's Game Against Buffalo!
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 04:31 PM
  5. Today's Keitzman Meltdown.
    By Darth CarlSatan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 11:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •