Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Five observations from today's Chiefs practice

Default Five observations from today's Chiefs practice

Some quick observations from today's Chiefs practice, the first full-squad practice of the year:
    1. The Chiefs have yet to put their top draft pick, nose tackle Dontari Poe, with the starters. Veteran Amon Gordon was the starter at nose tackle.
    2. Dexter McCluster may still play some at running back, but for now he’s a wide receiver. McCluster worked exclusively with the receivers. McCluster was also first in line when the Chiefs returned punts. That line also featured Javier Arenas, Steve Breaston and Devon Wylie.
    3. Seven players did not practice because of injury: Jamaal Charles, Tony Moeaki, Eric Berry, Kendrick Lewis, Brandon Siler, DeQuan Menzie and Rob Bruggeman. Charles, Moeaki, Berry and Siler missed all or most of last season. Lewis had off-season shoulder surgery. Menzie (hamstring) and Bruggeman (finger) have lingering injuries from the recent rookie camp.
    4. With Berry, Lewis and Menzie on the sideline, the Chiefs used Travis Daniels, a cornerback, and Terrance Parks, an undrafted rookie, as their starting safeties.
    5. Kansas coach Charlie Weis, a former Chiefs offensive coordinator, was an observer at practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Is Jim Zorn still part of this team?
    He's still listed as QB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Is Jim Zorn still part of this team?
    When Romeo choose Daboll as OC, there was some speculation that he would be leaving KC. But next day he was confirmed by Crennel and said the Chiefs needed him, kisses, hugs, etc. At least for this season he will remain as KC QB coach.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Local media says they are noticeably throwing the ball more in practice.

A lot of things will be run differently now that Haley is gone.

Frankly things couldn't have gone any worse last Training Camp. I have been to many TC's in my day (not just Chiefs but also Cowboys & Vikings) and that was the worst abortion I had ever witnessed. There was a direct reason we were so horrible on multiple levels in the Preseason and early into the Regular season... we were far from ready.

One couldn't use the excuse of the lock-out as everyone else had to go through the same ordeal as us.

I'm excited in the direction the Chiefs are heading. I'll admit I was excited entering the 2010 season and we know how that turned out (good). I like that we are emphasizing the run first and adding more pieces to both sides of the ball. Of course the defense won't change as that is RAC's baby but offensively it will be different on multiple levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Local media says they are noticeably throwing the ball more in practice.
    I would think that's a part of Charles not yet being ready to practice. I think they will run the ball alot more when he's ready.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

a passing offense takes more time to learn and execute properly than the run game so its a good sign we are spending more time on it now.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12