Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A jaguars thought on the game.

Default A jaguars thought on the game.

First off I would like to say how cool Arrowhead stadium looks. I can only imagine the scent of BBQ in the air around there. I enjoy the passion the chiefs fan base have.
    Ok, lets get to it. The jaguars defense is one of the most underated squads in the NFL. No one wants to play the jaguars. They are a team that most fans will pencil in a win and most coaches get worried about. They have an old school punch you in the mouth kind of attitude. They are as physical of a defense as you will get. Some will wonder why Bowe did not get more touches, well the answer is simple= Rashean Mathis our pro-bowl corner. He is a shut down, leave on an island corner. Also with all the Brodie Croyle talk keep in mind that half our defensive starters were out on that series. There was no Marcus Stroud or John Henderson ect...Also the Jags were playing a prevent defense just so the Chiefs would burn a lot of clock on the drive. Oh and speaking of Marcus Stroud, how about the chip-shop field goal when he jumped in the air and stepped on the back of the center and ran toward kicker. I was holy sh@t.
    On offense we did what we have been doing. We have our 10+ minute drives and wear down the other defenses. If you look at our QB David Garrard he does not make mistakes and can throw it pretty darn well. But when you have running backs like Fred Taylor and MOJO you do not need too throw it that much anyways. The one run where Mojo took it to the house, on NFL network they said it looked like Rocky chasing the chicken in the back yard when the Chiefs were trying to tackle him.
    The Chiefs will be fine, there are just a few teams in the NFL that will totally whip them and those are the Jags, Steelers, Ravens, Titan and maybe the Colts.

Best of luck,

Jaguar fan.
    Welcome to Duval, prepare to be hit!!!! - Mike Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by scottone928 View Post
    First off I would like to say how cool Arrowhead stadium looks. I can only imagine the scent of BBQ in the air around there. I enjoy the passion the chiefs fan base have.
    Ok, lets get to it. The jaguars defense is one of the most underated squads in the NFL. No one wants to play the jaguars. They are a team that most fans will pencil in a win and most coaches get worried about. They have an old school punch you in the mouth kind of attitude. They are as physical of a defense as you will get. Some will wonder why Bowe did not get more touches, well the answer is simple= Rashean Mathis our pro-bowl corner. He is a shut down, leave on an island corner. Also with all the Brodie Croyle talk keep in mind that half our defensive starters were out on that series. There was no Marcus Stroud or John Henderson ect...Also the Jags were playing a prevent defense just so the Chiefs would burn a lot of clock on the drive. Oh and speaking of Marcus Stroud, how about the chip-shop field goal when he jumped in the air and stepped on the back of the center and ran toward kicker. I was holy sh@t.
    On offense we did what we have been doing. We have our 10+ minute drives and wear down the other defenses. If you look at our QB David Garrard he does not make mistakes and can throw it pretty darn well. But when you have running backs like Fred Taylor and MOJO you do not need too throw it that much anyways. The one run where Mojo took it to the house, on NFL network they said it looked like Rocky chasing the chicken in the back yard when the Chiefs were trying to tackle him.
    The Chiefs will be fine, there are just a few teams in the NFL that will totally whip them and those are the Jags, Steelers, Ravens, Titan and maybe the Colts.

Best of luck,

Jaguar fan.
    If you have tried going to other teams boards after beating their teams before, then you surely realize that those fans can be pretty moody.

The only thing I feel the immediate need to adress is the Bowe/Mathis matchup. While I am quite aware of how good Mathis is, and he is top-of-the-line, there is one aspect that I haven't been hearing about yet.

Bowe, a rookie, made the switch from the No.1 WR, to the No.2 WR. That means that he was attempting to remember a different route, for each passing play, than what he had been doing, for the first several weeks. It is quite enough to ask a rookie to learn one position, but to ask him to play another, is really alot.

I think that Bowe will get alot better as he gains consistency with the playbook and a regular position.

While Mathis is definitely a stud, he can't get too much credit for quieting Bowe. That will have to wait for a re-match.

Oh yeah, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Oh yeah, welcome.
    Ditto!

Best of luck,

Jaguar fan.
    I agree; there really isn't an atmosphere quite like Arrowhead. :)

My hats off to your Jags for the win!

The way the Jags play the corners is right and left. Brian Smith and Rasheen Mathis just play who is in front of them. Bowe looks like he is going to be special, he has nice hands and good speed.

The way the Jags play the corners is right and left. Brian Smith and Rasheen Mathis just play who is in front of them. Bowe looks like he is going to be special, he has nice hands and good speed.
    Welcome to the site!

You have presented yourself with dignity and have not done anything to disgrace your team, or their integrity.

Being civil to one another is a fine trait we could all use a dose of.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Thanks, there are a few teams that I have always liked. The Chiefs are one of them. I guess I like the college like atmosphere in Arrow head. It reminds me of when I went to college at Univ. of Florida.

dud Jagazz fan get the Fart out of here.
    Your such a tard.
    Your team didnt do much at all it was the lack of the offensive play call's that did us in. we passed whenever we wanted to on you so shut your pie hole.

Best of luck,

Jaguar fan.
    Thanks for the well-wishes and for presenting yourself intelligently and in a civil manner. I appreciate that you didn't come here just rubbing our noses in it. I agree about the Jags. They're one of the better teams in the league and the main reason they get overlooked by fans is because they are in the same division as the Colts, IMO. The AFC South seems to be the toughest division in football right now. Any of those four teams should be a worry to every coaching staff that has to play them. And the Jags are doing a good job keeping themselves in a position to take advantage of an Indy slip-up when it occurs.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast