Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Alex Tanney Tryout

Question Rumor: Alex Tanney Tryout

I read that the Bills were impressed by the NCAA all time passing TD and yardage leader but didn't have room after the Vince Young signing.

Rumor has it he is coming in for a tryout, think he has what it takes to make the squad?

Also, if you havnt seen it yet his youtube video is crazy.

lots of unknowns w/him but certainly worth a look.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

You can see that there are jumps in the video and they had to do multiple takes of him hitting the goal posts. Still very impressive but it does make one wonder how many takes they had to do. Was he off by 5 yards on several throws and then finally hit the goal post?

04/16/12 - Passing for 14,249 yards put Alex Tanney atop the NCAA Division III record book. Firing 157 touchdown passes made him No. 1 in NCAA history for all divisions. Yet, for all Tanney accomplished as a Monmouth College quarterback, he’s still the guy from the small school. It was that way at Lexington High School, where Division I college recruiters looked at his impressive numbers, rubbed their chins and said, “We like him, but …” Now, the evaluating eyes belong to National Football League scouts, and Monmouth’s enrollment of 1,343 is a factor. The guys with the clipboards and stopwatches may not say it up front, or in public, but in conference rooms where draft decisions are made, they talk about it. Tanney can’t change that, but he can use it. It’s what he does, who he is. “I’ve been going through it my whole life,” he said of the small-school stigma. “It’s kind of extra motivation for me. It pushes me to continue to work hard and puts a chip on my shoulder.” “If you look online everybody has a different (draft) position for me,” Tanney said. “Right now it’s about 50-50 between getting picked in the sixth or seventh round or going as a (undrafted) free agent. “I’ve said from the beginning the one thing I wanted coming from a small school was a shot in a camp. I think I’m going to get that.” It would reward the work Tanney has put in, including time with former NFL quarterback Chad Pennington at the TEST Football Academy in Boca Raton, Fla. - Randy Kindred, The Bloomington Pantagraph
    12/10/11 - After leading Monmouth to the playoffs in 2008 and 2009, Tanney is savoring the third opportunity. "It's just a little different because we have a different core group of guys," said Tanney, who earned the Melberger Award in 2009 as Division III's top player. "On the other conference championship teams we had played together for three or four years. We had a lot of young guys step in and gained experience last year. They worked their tails off in the offseason and summer, and it paid off this year." Apparently, a lot of NFL scouts have spent time on the Fighting Scots' field studying Tanney. "There's been about 25-26 teams that have been through here in the fall," he said. "I'm waiting to get an invitation hopefully to one of the bigger all-star games. Once that happens hopefully I'll get an invite to the (NFL) combine and go from there." Tanney is not only well known by NFL scouts, but YouTube fans everywhere. The "Alex Tanney Trick Shot Quarterback Video," filmed by Tanney's friends earlier this year, has drawn over one million hits. - Jim Benson, The Hanford Sentinel

Coming from a DIII school their isnt much history of a QB having success. He didn't get drafted because of this. However, their is also NO HISTORY of ANYONE in NCAA history putting up numbers like his.

I guess Quinn must be stinking it up pretty bad if there interested in him. I say. WHY NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    if hes that good then why wasnt he drafted?
    Worth noting that Roger Staubach almost didn't get drafted. Different reasons, but almost the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Worth noting that Roger Staubach almost didn't get drafted. Different reasons, but almost the same result.
    we drafted staubach as our #1 pick but he opted for the other dallas team

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    we drafted staubach as our #1 pick but he opted for the other dallas team
    MY BAD, it was 16th round we drafted him but think of the possibility of having to choose who to play Dawson or Staubach!!

That would have been a dilemma!

Alex already looks better than Palko!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast