Based on what we now know, it's pretty easy to create an alternate universe in which former high school star linebacker Brian Banks goes to a major college, becomes a stud at the NCAA level, and then goes on to make a pretty serious dent in the NFL. Of course, none of that ever happened, because when Banks was 16 years old, he was accused and then convicted of a rape he didn't commit . He spent five years in prison after pleading no contest to the charge, and spent five more years on probation. It wasn't until last year, when the woman who accused him of the crime requested that he become her friend on Facebook, that Banks had his way to exoneration. Banks agreed to meet with his false accuser, got her recorded admission that the charges were not real, and finally saw all charges dropped and his freedom regained last week. Now, it seems that several NFL teams want to give Banks the shot he never had before. On Wednesday, the Seattle Seahawks confirmed to Yahoo! Sports that they will bring Banks in for a workout on June 7, and at least three other teams -- the Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, and Miami Dolphins, according to ESPN.com -- are looking to bring Banks in to see what he might have in the tank. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll is very familiar with Banks -- back in 2001 and 2002, when Carroll was USC's head coach, he was recruiting the former Long Beach Polytechnic High*star, as were Ohio State, the University of Michigan, and several other schools, and Banks verbally agreed to attend USC. Carroll was not available to speak about Banks after Wednesday's organized team activity, but given his propensity for second chances, there's no doubt that seeing what Banks can do would be incredibly appealing. Banks, who has been working out six days a week in preparation, just wants a chance. "Let me show you what I can produce," Banks recently told the Today Show when asked about his NFL dreams. "I think that any team that gives me an opportunity will be really impressed with what I can do."

More...