Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Supposedly Bowe and Chiefs are in feud

Default Supposedly Bowe and Chiefs are in feud

Not that I think Nick Athan is a very credible source, but supposedly the Chiefs and Duane Bowe are feuding to the point that Bowe's agent has asked for a trade.

Bowe is wanting to be paid a top 5 WR contract, and the Chiefs are not agreeing. However, there does not appear to be a market for Bowe worth the trade and he is not expected to sign his Franchise tender until the last day of 7/16.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I believe he can still sign a contract, but has to play this year under the current franchise tag so it would be a contract extension in additional to his his franchise tag. He is most likely holding out wanting a multi year contract and the Chiefs are wanting to see how Baldwin does to see if they feel like he is expendable.
    Now that is something I had not considered.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    He can't get a long term contract signed now. That day and time has come and gone. He has to wait til the end of the season. I don't see him signing til the week before our first preseason game. Then he has a few weeks to learn the play book, work out with the team and get the 3 qtrs of play time in the 3rd week.

Plus he can't be fined because right now he doesn't contractually play for the Chiefs. I'm interested to see how Bowe plays this year too without Haley in his ear.
    This was my understanding as well. Which makes me say WTF! There is absolutely no reason to hold out now. Either you sign your franchise tender and play and get the fat contract at the end of the seaons or you sit out the season.

Honestly, Ive been a big Bowe fan, and felt he was an important piece of our offense. One thing people forget about him is that he is usually a great downfield blocker for the run game. That having been said, if he isnt at practice by mid next week, I say start shopping him around for trade. Id take a 1st round and preferably a 2nd or 3rd, but would settle with a mid-late round pick this year or next year.

I'm very disappointed in Bowe. He's doing nothing but looking out for himself he's not being a team player right now. He can't get a new contract until after the season is over. They can get an agreement for the fallowing years but what is holding out of camp going to do but hurt that? It's really disappointing to see out of Mr. Bowe. More and more I am thinking it might be best to move him.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    We will cut Bowe after this year, word is he wants Larry Fitzgerald money.
    If this is true trade him for a first and whatever cimpensation we can get for him.

We will cut Bowe after this year, word is he wants Larry Fitzgerald money.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    If this is true trade him for a first and whatever cimpensation we can get for him.
    yeah, better this than let him walk for free

Maybe trade him for Mike Wallace. What does everybody think?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeechief1 View Post
    Maybe trade him for Mike Wallace. What does everybody think?
    I'd rather trade him for a 1st round pick. With 2 picks in the first round we'd be able to trade up if we felt we needed a QOTF or if Cassel looks like he can get it done then we'd be able to pad our already young and talent laden roster.

No one would offer us a first round pick for Bowe.
    Agreed. It is not going to happen. They'll be lucky to get a 2nd rounder at best for him & even that is doubtful.

No one would offer us a first round pick for Bowe.
    But carson palmer is worth a first and second. Someone is gonna pay him money. Hed excel on a team that is pass happy. Someone could get hurt as well saying no one is being a bit to presumptious stranger things have and will happen.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast