Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Supposedly Bowe and Chiefs are in feud

Default Supposedly Bowe and Chiefs are in feud

Not that I think Nick Athan is a very credible source, but supposedly the Chiefs and Duane Bowe are feuding to the point that Bowe's agent has asked for a trade.

Bowe is wanting to be paid a top 5 WR contract, and the Chiefs are not agreeing. However, there does not appear to be a market for Bowe worth the trade and he is not expected to sign his Franchise tender until the last day of 7/16.

Ill believe all this when I see it come form a more reliable source.

I agree with lots of what has been said:
    1. Source: Joel at AP is much more reliable than Nick. Joel's statements came directly from Bowe himself.
    2. Bowe will be getting Top 5 money anyhow because ofthe franchise tag.
    3. Bowe is sitting out OTA's like every top free agent that is going thru contract negotiations. He will be there when training camp starts. And if for some stupid reason he isn't, the Chiefs will move on without him. There is a reason they spent last years 1st rd pick on a WR.

None of us want to lose Bowe, but it is always a possibility. Just not this season.

no worries mates, this is typical agent stuff, after poe is signed they will get down to serious negotiating and bowe will com in about july.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Gotta agree that this report from Athan is just the media doing what the media does. Stirring the pot.

As to Bowe and a long term contract....He is a very good receiver and he deserves to make some pretty substantial money. No doubt about that, but I remember saying to the TV "How did you not catch that ball" far too many times the last couple of years. He makes some spectacular catches and you say "WOW! He is so good" and the words aren't 5 minutes out of your mouth and you're saying "How did he miss that one?"

This is the reason I don't think he is worth really crazy money. One of the trademarks of a truly elite receiver is consistency and I really don't think he has shown that.One of the things that worries me about giving him truly big money is that so many players get that really big contract and then proceed to have a lousy year. Not saying this would happen with Bowe--he seems to have a good attitude and a good head on his shoulders, but the trend of a bad season after getting a big contract along with his lack of consistency makes me nervous.

Personally, I'd be willing to trade him if some team that was a cellar-dweller was willing to make us a really good offer.

With or without Bowe I think we will be a very good team this year, but I don't see us making the Superbowl this year so some high draft picks from a cellar-dweller might add the kind of depth that could help build us into a true dynasty.

Ultimately, all I want is what is best for the Chiefs and trust Pioli/Hunt will do exactly that.

Does anyone else recall all the dropped passes Bowe has had in crucial situations? I like the guy but yeah I wont cry if we lose him, we all know the real position problem. I feel he would be important but it is like having Jamaal Charles on the same team as Brady... the weapon is nice but what if you are never using it...

In recent seasons Bowe has only played under one offensive coordinator. Haley and Muir couldn't/wouldn't run an offense where he could be a game changer. Granted, with Weis, Bowe still had some wtf moments but it can't be discounted that was the year he led the NFL in TDs with "medicore" Matt. The addition of Daboll will revive Bowes playmaking this year. It would be a mistake to finally get a receiver with the YAC that Bowe has leave.

Breaston is serviceable but not a #1, Baldwin could be in time. The three together are good/great but none of them individually can make up for the loss of one.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    In recent seasons Bowe has only played under one offensive coordinator. Haley and Muir couldn't/wouldn't run an offense where he could be a game changer. Granted, with Weis, Bowe still had some wtf moments but it can't be discounted that was the year he led the NFL in TDs with "medicore" Matt. The addition of Daboll will revive Bowes playmaking this year. It would be a mistake to finally get a receiver with the YAC that Bowe has leave.

Breaston is serviceable but not a #1, Baldwin could be in time. The three together are good/great but none of them individually can make up for the loss of one.
    I agree entirely. But those WTF moments make me very nervous about a long term contract that would include a lot of guaranteed money. Who wants to sign that kind of contract and then see the guy having lots of WTF moments?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Gotta agree that this report from Athan is just the media doing what the media does. Stirring the pot.

As to Bowe and a long term contract....He is a very good receiver and he deserves to make some pretty substantial money. No doubt about that, but I remember saying to the TV "How did you not catch that ball" far too many times the last couple of years. He makes some spectacular catches and you say "WOW! He is so good" and the words aren't 5 minutes out of your mouth and you're saying "How did he miss that one?"

This is the reason I don't think he is worth really crazy money. One of the trademarks of a truly elite receiver is consistency and I really don't think he has shown that.One of the things that worries me about giving him truly big money is that so many players get that really big contract and then proceed to have a lousy year. Not saying this would happen with Bowe--he seems to have a good attitude and a good head on his shoulders, but the trend of a bad season after getting a big contract along with his lack of consistency makes me nervous.

Personally, I'd be willing to trade him if some team that was a cellar-dweller was willing to make us a really good offer.

With or without Bowe I think we will be a very good team this year, but I don't see us making the Superbowl this year so some high draft picks from a cellar-dweller might add the kind of depth that could help build us into a true dynasty.

Ultimately, all I want is what is best for the Chiefs and trust Pioli/Hunt will do exactly that.
    Not sure I would really call Nick Athan Media!!! Not sure why I even brought it up other than there was not much discussion going on. I have a hard time listening to him and taking anything he says as fact rather that he throws a bunch of poo against the wall and hopes some sticks.

Of course he is worth top-5 WR money. He has been a star even with this team.

Put him on a team that runs an NFL passing offense and the guy gets numbers that rival anybody.

To be able to do what he has done here, with this situation, is outstanding.

Rather you want to say that it is Cassel, Pioli, Haley, whatever, this offense has been exceptionally mild at passing the ball. And Bowe is hitting top numbers, regardless of that.

Would I comit that kind of money to him right now?

I don't know.

But would a the open FA market hit him up like that?

Yes. No question about it.

Am I going to blame Bowe for wanting to get the most pay he can?

No. That is business. We don't seem to mind when owners cry that they are not profitting enough. Why on Earth would we, when the guy working his a** off does it?

Agreed 31, but with his inconsistency I just have to ask myself if maybe we wouldn't be better off trading him to a team that relies more on the passing game. Maybe a team that is looking for a receiver to build their offense around and would maybe give us draft picks exceeding his worth?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast