Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Supposedly Bowe and Chiefs are in feud

Default Supposedly Bowe and Chiefs are in feud

Not that I think Nick Athan is a very credible source, but supposedly the Chiefs and Duane Bowe are feuding to the point that Bowe's agent has asked for a trade.

Bowe is wanting to be paid a top 5 WR contract, and the Chiefs are not agreeing. However, there does not appear to be a market for Bowe worth the trade and he is not expected to sign his Franchise tender until the last day of 7/16.

If wr dont get a deall done the next yr who do u franchise albert ot bowe and who do you let go for nothing. I doubt we keep them both if bowe doesnt sign a long term this seaso. To me theres a lot at stake with mr dwayne bowe.

Lets look on the bright side here. Even if we lose him after this year,that will free up salary space to go get another top receiver.

I have my fingers crossed that he will be signed by tommorow. It's not looking good though.

Just speculating.

Is it too far fetched to think if Bowe catches the pass that bounced off his chest in the end-zone (Faders- week 16) he would already have the long term contract he wants?
    We would/could/should have made the playoffs if he catches that ball.

Same with Welker. He catches that pass, New England has another Lombardi trophy in their show case.

Both guys catch their respective passes 9/10 times,
    or do they?

some of you do not like PFF-my apologies.

Drop Percentage: Wide Receivers | ProFootballFocus.com

Three Years of Drop Rate: Wide Receivers | ProFootballFocus.com

It is a business and all businesses are results driven monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Just speculating.

Is it too far fetched to think if Bowe catches the pass that bounced off his chest in the end-zone (Faders- week 16) he would already have the long term contract he wants?

Well, it wouldn't have hurt...

But in the last half of that game it was the Raiders D line that won the trench battles, and this year we saw the O line get a lot of off-season attention. NFL=Not For Long.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Just speculating.

Same with Welker. He catches that pass, New England has another Lombardi trophy in their show case.

Both guys catch their respective passes 9/10 times,
    or do they?

some of you do not like PFF-my apologies.

Drop Percentage: Wide Receivers | ProFootballFocus.com

Three Years of Drop Rate: Wide Receivers | ProFootballFocus.com

I'm kinda surprised at how poor D.Bowe is on those lists, but not really. I though he had improve a lot over the last 2 seasons, but I guess numbers don't lie. Definitely makes me less inclined to want to give him big $$$. Maybe we can put an incentive laden contract in place. Maybe something that looks at his percentage of dropped passes, like every percentage point over 5% he loses a million dollars or something ...

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I'm kinda surprised at how poor D.Bowe is on those lists, but not really. I though he had improve a lot over the last 2 seasons, but I guess numbers don't lie. Definitely makes me less inclined to want to give him big $$$. Maybe we can put an incentive laden contract in place. Maybe something that looks at his percentage of dropped passes, like every percentage point over 5% he loses a million dollars or something ...
    Still he's in good company. The one common thing about the people at the top of this list? They get the ball thrown to them A LOT.

What I find unnerving is that while Bowe can be a beast, he has taken a game or two off when he was unhappy. Randy Moss would simply not try to help his team for ten games and then show up the last six games to try to get a better deal with another team. I hope Bowe has more integrity. We do seem to have something special this year and he can be the difference between a great season and total failure.

See the difference I see, is that Bowe is not really taking off but rather we are playing a better Defense all around shutting down the whole offense. It is hard to throw the ball into tight coverage when the QB is being rushed immediately after the snap. I mean there was not a lot of talent around him to prevent double coverage.

Bowe is just not worthy of being a 10+million dollar reciever. He is good, but not irreplaceable, He does make awesome and almost uncatchable balls, but then drops well thrown, wide open, easy passes even highschool wrs catch on regular bases.

I'm just appalled at all the people that give him excuses and a pass on this very bad habit of his. I've been quiet on this subject because I really like Bowe, and have had high expectations for him, but its easy to see this is all about the money and an ego bigger then the universe.

Its no longer about team, or fans or winning........its all about the money. Reminds me of my favorite baseball player of all times, Albert Pujols. A very good player but let money get in the way.

At this time, I'm just hoping we don't give Bowe the big contract he wants, matter of fact I hope we trade him for a second round pick, and let someone alse overpay him.

At 10 mil a year, you should be able to play like Hali, DJ, or Flowers, and Berry. There are no excuses worthy for players of this caliber for not performing other then injuries. Dropped balls and not getting open is just not exceptable.

We need a good WR, we just should not have to pay double for him.

Of course I should add:
    Just my own humble opinion.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast