Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Banks

Default Brian Banks

Im sure everybody knows about this kid falsely accused of rape lost 10 yrs of his life was vindicated. Apparently hes 6 ft 2, 245 lbs, a 4.6 40 yrd dash, and a vertical jump of 55 inches and insanely strong. Chiefs i believe will be the third team to try him out.

Seems to be a high character guy. His interview on good morning america wad outstanding. There was zero evidence yet he was convicted he said hes over being angry, he just wants to move on and hes not interested in suing anyone because it wont get his 10 yrs back. Went to sea world on his firsr day out. Anyone else know anything about him.

Actually it was his lawyer who made him cop a plea instead of going to trial
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I mean this sincerely, but this is just a Feel good cinderalla story. The chances of him making an NFL team and making an income isn't that great. He may make a team and go to camp, but his best shot is making a practice squad and hoping he can get on a roster later on, but at 26, he is way behind the 8 ball.

I am not sure his situations regarding education from being in Prison as I know they have programs, but he should look at getting a scholarship and playing at least a year or two in college and see if he is actually NFL talent before he ruins his eligibility and the chance to get an scholarship spending the next couple years trying to get NFL ready.

That being said I would love having him on this team, trying to make his way on the roster.

they ought to let him beat that lawyer with a tube sock full of bars of soap!

it's good the guy was freed, but he's right, they can't give him 10 years of his life back. that is just an incredible failure of the system. hope he makes a killing somewhere, the universe almost owes the guy one

Put his lawyer in jail

Quote Originally Posted by LargoChief View Post
    Put his lawyer in jail
    this and let him sue that girl for loss of livelyhood, figur he left college as a junior went to the nfl and made a million+ per year, not to mention the under the table money he would have gotten to go to college
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    this and let him sue that girl for loss of livelyhood, figur he left college as a junior went to the nfl and made a million+ per year, not to mention the under the table money he would have gotten to go to college
    Thats what makes this guy special hes only asking to be reimbursed for the hundred dollars a day its cost his family for him to be incarcerated.. high character, intelligent, and a freak athelete. A standing 55 inch vertical jump. That defies the laws of physics if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Thats what makes this guy special hes only asking to be reimbursed for the hundred dollars a day its cost his family for him to be incarcerated.. high character, intelligent, and a freak athelete. A standing 55 inch vertical jump. That defies the laws of physics if you ask me.
    He's not asking, that's what the law dictates as a maximum reimbursement for wrongful incarceration. Unless he wanted to sue and try to get more, which he said he hasn't.

He's got the skills but I'd like to see the guy pull a Oklahoma State Weeden drill and go to college for a few years to get some experience there. He's 26 so if he went for 2 yrs he could come out for the draft and be a little more refined. Heck he could probably get free tuition out of the deal too. Maybe even just a year, even if he couldn't make it he'd be able to get a college education and it would give him another avenue in case football doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    He's not asking, that's what the law dictates as a maximum reimbursement for wrongful incarceration. Unless he wanted to sue and try to get more, which he said he hasn't.

He's got the skills but I'd like to see the guy pull a Oklahoma State Weeden drill and go to college for a few years to get some experience there. He's 26 so if he went for 2 yrs he could come out for the draft and be a little more refined. Heck he could probably get free tuition out of the deal too. Maybe even just a year, even if he couldn't make it he'd be able to get a college education and it would give him another avenue in case football doesn't work out.
    So if he goes to college does he have to go for 2 yrs or will they allow him to just play for 1. I hope gis handlers give him good advicre. USC is a national championshi contender hed get the publicity he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    So if he goes to college does he have to go for 2 yrs or will they allow him to just play for 1. I hope gis handlers give him good advicre. USC is a national championshi contender hed get the publicity he deserves.
    Technically he could play for all 4 as far as I know. He hasn't got a NFL contract and I think the way he's done it that he can still go to college and play. At the very least I'd do it because a NFL career will only last so long and it won't be enough to pay for an entire life time.

I feel bad for this guy because of all the life experiences he's missed out on. I'd hate to see him put himself behind the 8 ball because he wants to play in the NFL for a year or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast