Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More love for Branden Albert

Hybrid View

Default More love for Branden Albert

Pete Prisco (CBS analyst) released some interesting rankings. It ranks teams based on 4 things:

1. Franchise QB
    2. Pass rusher
    3. Shutdown Corner
    4. Franchise left tackle

So the team with the best pass rusher (or corner or left tackle) in the league gets 32 points. For quarterback, it is the same, except QB gets double points. So Aaron Rodgers is worth 64 points.

For the Chiefs rankings at each of these positions, we have:

1. Cassel, 24
    2. Albert, 10
    3. Hali, 9
    4. Flowers, 5

This puts the Chiefs at ninth overall (wow!).

Albert continues to get respect as one of the better (top third) left tackles in the league. Profootballfocus has also graded him out very well. What I don't get is why some (namely chief31) will continue to call for the replacement of Albert, while defending Cassel. Seems like very backwards logic.

Nice to see Flowers and Hali get some respect too, though I would argue that Hali is too low.

Albert is a top 1/3 lt. He would likely be a top 5 lg. the argument for replacing Albert has more to do with fixing two positions with one 1 pick. By taking a lt in the first round, you hopefully end up with a top 10 lt and slide Albert inside to lg to become a top 5 lg. And you could have potentially paid him left guard money when is his deal came up at the end of 2012. Now we will need to pay him top lt money at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Albert is a top 1/3 lt. He would likely be a top 5 lg. the argument for replacing Albert has more to do with fixing two positions with one 1 pick. By taking a lt in the first round, you hopefully end up with a top 10 lt and slide Albert inside to lg to become a top 5 lg. And you could have potentially paid him left guard money when is his deal came up at the end of 2012. Now we will need to pay him top lt money at the end of this season.
    That makes sense. Though for now, I am quite satisfied just having Albert in a Chiefs uniform rather than somebody else's.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    That makes sense. Though for now, I am quite satisfied just having Albert in a Chiefs uniform rather than somebody else's.
    Me too. Hopefully they resign him to a decent contact after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    But why use a high pick to take a LT, when you can get a solid LG after round 1 (like the Chiefs may have done)? And there is probably a 1% chance Albert would stick around to play for LG money when he can get LT money elsewhere. So you've used a high pick on a LT (a position that is becoming exceedingly overrated) and still have no LG.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    All of those players with the exception of cassel who is ranked 24th are the previous regime's draft choices.

I am sorry I couldn't resist
    See what happens when you let talent develop something that you won't give the current regime's draft choices to do
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    See what happens when you let talent develop something that you won't give the current regime's draft choices to do
    Boom goes the dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    The 09 draft class? What franchise tag players are comparable to those up above from 09? There aren't any.
    And you're back to your standard talking points. Who had a good draft from 09? Point to me any team that had one?!? Everyone was on board the Curry train (myself included) and the guy's been a major bust. As much as you like to beat up Jackson he's been a good pick for us. Maybe not the slot we picked him as but a good starter over all. Please, PLEASE give up that tired excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    And you're back to your standard talking points. Who had a good draft from 09? Point to me any team that had one?!? Everyone was on board the Curry train (myself included) and the guy's been a major bust. As much as you like to beat up Jackson he's been a good pick for us. Maybe not the slot we picked him as but a good starter over all. Please, PLEASE give up that tired excuse.
    Yeah I'm looking at New England's 2009 draft class...Pretty brutal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    See Packers. They drafted a NT that was available at our selection who rated by most everyone higher than Jackson.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast