Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More love for Branden Albert

Default More love for Branden Albert

Pete Prisco (CBS analyst) released some interesting rankings. It ranks teams based on 4 things:

1. Franchise QB
    2. Pass rusher
    3. Shutdown Corner
    4. Franchise left tackle

So the team with the best pass rusher (or corner or left tackle) in the league gets 32 points. For quarterback, it is the same, except QB gets double points. So Aaron Rodgers is worth 64 points.

For the Chiefs rankings at each of these positions, we have:

1. Cassel, 24
    2. Albert, 10
    3. Hali, 9
    4. Flowers, 5

This puts the Chiefs at ninth overall (wow!).

Albert continues to get respect as one of the better (top third) left tackles in the league. Profootballfocus has also graded him out very well. What I don't get is why some (namely chief31) will continue to call for the replacement of Albert, while defending Cassel. Seems like very backwards logic.

Nice to see Flowers and Hali get some respect too, though I would argue that Hali is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    We had a great draft from 06-08.

You have GOT to be kidding me Please tell me you are joking yes we got guys like Flowers,Bowe,Hali,Charles,Albert,Even Dorsey in that time thats 6 picks in 3 years. I can name 14 that FAILED

1. Brodie Croyle
    2. Marcus Maxey
    3. Tre Stallings
    4. Jeff Webb
    5. DeMarcus Tyler
    6. Kolby Smith (showed some promise but kept getting hurt)
    7. Justin Medlock
    8. Michael Allen
    9. DeJauan Morgan
    10. William Franklin
    11. Berry Richardson
    12. Kevin Robinson
    13. Brian Johnston
    14. Mike Merritt.

That's great drafting alright
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

You go to super bowls by drafting players like Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Jason Pierre Paul, Eli manning, Franchise once in a lifetime impact players like Tamba Hali, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe. You dont get there drafting a solid 3/4 DE with the third pick in the entire draft and bringing in a qb who hasn't played well. Bust in 09, cream puff schedule in 10 and bust in 11. Now hes starting in 12? You have to be kidding
    You once again completely ignore part of the facts. Again I ask you to find me a team that had a "great draft" while undergoing a Complete overhaul of there coaching staff and front office both at the same time. Instead you do what you always do make excuses for the good. You say that our QB could only beat creampuffs in 2010 while at the same time declaring him a bust in 09 when the Chiefs were one of the cream puffs. Just be a little objective with your criticisms is that to much to ask for. Throwing out the good and only looking at the bad is not being objective.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You once again completely ignore part of the facts. Again I ask you to find me a team that had a "great draft" while undergoing a Complete overhaul of there coaching staff and front office both at the same time. Instead you do what you always do make excuses for the good. You say that our QB could only beat creampuffs in 2010 while at the same time declaring him a bust in 09 when the Chiefs were one of the cream puffs. Just be a little objective with your criticisms is that to much to ask for. Throwing out the good and only looking at the bad is not being objective.
    Dude he lives in a world where the sky is brown and bj raji is president and brian orakp is vp. I cant wait till we are division champs, and see what his excuses are for our success.

Many teams had great drafts that year. MANY
    Okay point them out please. And a good draft doesnt mean they drafted one probowler.

i agree you dont draft a 3-4 end at number 3 in the draft. when your that high you pick a game change player. if we picked jackson up later like even as high as 8 i wouldnt have been upset about it. though being i said that it doesnt mean jackson is a bust. i think he can be a good de if he finds some consistency. we just drafted him to high. people want to complain about not trading back down this year for poe. well poe is more of an impact player than jackson is or was. we should have traded down that year and if we couldnt u pick an impact player. i will admit i cant remember the impact players that year cuz hard to keep track whay year a player is drafted. but my point is the rule of thumb when ur that high you pick a franchise player a player who will change the game for you cuz u never know when u will be that high again to be able to get one. its in the past and *****ing about it aint going tk change so im way over it. jackson is not a bust though just drafted to high. a bust is a player that no longer plays or is a backup player when chosen that high.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    i agree you dont draft a 3-4 end at number 3 in the draft. when your that high you pick a game change player. if we picked jackson up later like even as high as 8 i wouldnt have been upset about it. though being i said that it doesnt mean jackson is a bust. i think he can be a good de if he finds some consistency. we just drafted him to high. people want to complain about not trading back down this year for poe. well poe is more of an impact player than jackson is or was. we should have traded down that year and if we couldnt u pick an impact player. i will admit i cant remember the impact players that year cuz hard to keep track whay year a player is drafted. but my point is the rule of thumb when ur that high you pick a franchise player a player who will change the game for you cuz u never know when u will be that highem again to be able to get one. its in the past and *****ing about it aint going tk change so im way over it. jackson is not a bust though just drafted to high. a bust is a player that no longer plays or is a backup player when chosen that high.
    Pioli said he wanted to trade down there werent any takers, we were coming off a 2 win season he disnt have much to work with.

if he couldnt trade down then he shouldnt have taken jackson. should have gotten an franchise player. i just beleive when your that high you take value of a player over need.

Quote Originally Posted by ja1 View Post
    if he couldnt trade down then he shouldnt have taken jackson. should have gotten an franchise player. i just beleive when your that high you take value of a player over need.
    There was no one available at that spot i think thatvdraft was extrmely weak. Most on this site were soooo high on aaron curry and said he was a franchise player i dont even think hes in the nfl anymore. Pioli said he wanted jackson all along and was hoping to trade back to the middle of the first round where he was projected. You all seem to forget there was a lot of crap going on in kc at that time.

well to be honest i cant remember that years draft class. it all runs together. my opinion poe would be worth a 3 more than jackson and everyones comaining that we picked poe at 11. i think poe has a alot more potential than jackson. but no i cant remember the class but i was high on curry as well. im not saying it was a lost or anything just that we chose him to high weather it was right or wrong to do doesnt matter. but saying there was alot of stuff I
    going on in kc is not an excuse. u still pick value over need that high. im not mad over the pick and never was. was shocked but thats all.

Many teams had great drafts that year. MANY
    Wow MANY?? Like who? You still haven't named a team yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast