Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So according to ESPN

Default So according to ESPN

AFC West: More or Less - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Adding a nearly 40 year old QB who has a history of neck problems is worth 2 wins

Adding one of the top O line men on the market, TE help, RB help, Getting your best players back is worth nothing.

Can't wait for the Chiefs to prove them wrong
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

i prefer it for them to pick it this way.....they are always wrong!!!!!!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

John Clayton is a moron. Hope he likes crow because he's going to get a big serving this season.

I read that this morning and it actually made me mad, if he's not going to do any homework on us then it might be best to not say anything you little garden gnome.

It is when they say we are a sure win that makes me concerned.

LOL Some things never change, like the sports media's love affair with Peyton Manning. That's all it is, they're obsessed with Manning & have been since he was drafted in 1998. The man threw a great ball, has smarts, but the reality is he won division championships in a weak division for many years. As well, many games during Manning's era the Colts barely won, & many were won by FG's, not Manning passes. He clutched often in playoff games & lost. It took him 8 yrs. to make it to a Super Bowl, 2006/07. That was his only Super Bowl victory in his 14 yrs. with the Colts, the one other time he made it...he lost.

The media's love affair with Manning over the past 14 yrs. has brainwashed many into believing he's a QB Super Hero, or God...he's not. He's among the best for passer rating, division wins, but as far as I'm concerned, he's not the best & never was. He's no Montana, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Favre. Manning doesn't have the personality to retain composure under pressure, & that weakness is why I don't put him in the same category with other QB's I consider overall greater & more effective than Manning. As I said, Joe Cool he's not.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    John Clayton is a moron. Hope he likes crow because he's going to get a big serving this season.

I read that this morning and it actually made me mad, if he's not going to do any homework on us then it might be best to not say anything you little garden gnome.
    With exception of a few...most sports analysts are morons, bias, & wrong more than right, hahahaha. ;)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    LOL Some things never change, like the sports media's love affair with Peyton Manning. That's all it is, they're obsessed with Manning & have been since he was drafted in 1998. The man threw a great ball, has smarts, but the reality is he won division championships in a weak division for many years. As well, many games during Manning's era the Colts barely won, & many were won by FG's, not Manning passes. He clutched often in playoff games & lost. It took him 8 yrs. to make it to a Super Bowl, 2006/07. That was his only Super Bowl victory in his 14 yrs. with the Colts, the one other time he made it...he lost.

The media's love affair with Manning over the past 14 yrs. has brainwashed many into believing he's a QB Super Hero, or God...he's not. He's among the best for passer rating, division wins, but as far as I'm concerned, he's not the best & never was. He's no Montana, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Favre. Manning doesn't have the personality to retain composure under pressure, & that weakness is why I don't put him in the same category with other QB's I consider overall greater & more effective than Manning. As I said, Joe Cool he's not.

I agree 100%

The Media loves to try to tell you that the Colts feel apart because they lost Peyton Manning. The Colts feel apart because of losing Manning and a few other guys. Along with the players that they did still have there being old. They don't want to mention the Marvion Harrisons, Edgerin James being gone. Or that they lost there Head coach in Tony Dungy. They want to show you the Colts lost Manning feel to 2-14 so it was ALL manning. Manning is one of the best to play the game but he's not the best ever. And given his age and the fact that he has had a lot of neck issues it's no sure thing that Manning will make the Donkeys and better then they were last season.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree 100%

The Media loves to try to tell you that the Colts feel apart because they lost Peyton Manning. The Colts feel apart because of losing Manning and a few other guys. Along with the players that they did still have there being old. They don't want to mention the Marvion Harrisons, Edgerin James being gone. Or that they lost there Head coach in Tony Dungy. They want to show you the Colts lost Manning feel to 2-14 so it was ALL manning. Manning is one of the best to play the game but he's not the best ever. And given his age and the fact that he has had a lot of neck issues it's no sure thing that Manning will make the Donkeys and better then they were last season.
    It's exactly that type of repeticious reporting that brainwashes viewers/listeners/readers. If the human mind hears something over & over & over...they buy into it, believe it. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book with retail marketing, and political propaganda, also.

If you spend time thoroughly examining the numbers & history of every game Manning played during his career...he's really not that great beyond a passing arm & reading defenses. He's overrated, and largely as a result of media hype & spin since he was drafted.

Keep in mind, it's majorily members of the sports media who select those players to receive many of the NFL's awards & recognitions. The more awards, recognitions, hype...the more people buy into greatness of not only a pro athlete, but any celebrity...from recording artists to policticans.

The mass media & publicity/management marketing firms work hand & hand, and together they have an extremely powerful influence over the opinions formed & held by the general public.

Guys.....Gals......

Lets be honest. Manning has been a GREAT QB over the years. Not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination but top notch without a doubt.

The damned Donks have almost certainly substantially improved their offense.

The Donks have done it with one player. We have improved our team on all sides of the ball.

Until the season starts and we see what Manning really has, one thing is certain.....If you want to win the AFC West, you have to beat Denver.

Mr. Forehead....meet Mr. Turf. We are the CHIEFS and we are going to make you VERY familiar with Mr. Turf! Hope that neck of yours holds up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast