Thread: Justin Blackmon gets second DUI charge.

Default Justin Blackmon gets second DUI charge.

Looks like the Jaguars might have been fooled. Hopefully this kid cleans up his act.

KC Ticket Guy's Blog: Justin Blackmon (OSU COWBOYS/ Jacksonville Jaguars) gets a 2nd DUI charge

Quote Originally Posted by kcticketguy View Post
    Looks like the Jaguars might have been fooled. Hopefully this kid cleans up his act.

KC Ticket Guy's Blog: Justin Blackmon (OSU COWBOYS/ Jacksonville Jaguars) gets a 2nd DUI charge
    Meh, after reading it I expected it to be a lot worse. He got a "DUI complaint" not exactly sure what that is but I'm still young enough to remember some of the stupid stuff I did when I'd just turned 21 or 22. So that one I'd kinda blow off.

This one is just him being stupid but the headline is a journalist trying to get shock value. That's like someone saying that I've drank over 100 beers. Sure I might have done that, especially when you give me a two year time span to do it in.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Meh, after reading it I expected it to be a lot worse. He got a "DUI complaint" not exactly sure what that is but I'm still young enough to remember some of the stupid stuff I did when I'd just turned 21 or 22. So that one I'd kinda blow off.

This one is just him being stupid but the headline is a journalist trying to get shock value. That's like someone saying that I've drank over 100 beers. Sure I might have done that, especially when you give me a two year time span to do it in.
    The moron blew a .24! The Article stated that level of intoxication was a 220 lb. man having 12 drinks in an hour. He then decided to drive! 60 mph in a 35 mph zone. As long as he does not kill someone it's just stupid stuff young people do?
    I've got nothing against a guy having a few or thirty, it's your business. Get behind the wheel, then you become EVERY ones problem. By the way his 1st offense was DUI while doing 92 mph in a 60 mph zone. This is his 2nd offense.
    This idiot just made the big time so I'm sure he could afford a cab!!
    I hope they throw the proverbial book at him. Maybe he'll smarten up.
    I'm betting this is one time the Jaguars wish they could change their spots.

I've gotta agree with AkChief49 on this one. He wasn't just a little "buzzed." The legal limit is .08. He was at least 3 times the legal limit, he was going almost twice the speed limit and driving on the wrong side of the road! he could have easily killed somebody. They followed him for 4 blocks before he pulled over. That's probably because he was so hammered that he didn't see the lights in his rear view mirror, or it took that long for it to register in his head that he was the one being pulled over!

By the way, most casual drinkers will throw up long before they get anywhere near a .24 BAC. To be that drunk and still functioning indicates that he is a very heavy drinker.

You would think he would have learned a lesson from his first DUI arrest. He better get some help or he will be out of the NFL pretty quick.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

His 1st offense was a minor in possession, there never was a DUI. Was he drunk and driving? Probably but that's speculation.

The 2nd one was absolutely over the limit. I'm not trying to defend the guy and you're right when you drink you need to know not to drive. But how many other people do the exact same thing and it's not thrown into the public? I'd be hard pressed to find the headline "Joe Schmoe arrested for DUI". Sure you might see one here and there but it's when the guy blows something insane, crashes or kills someone.

Overall I agree that they should throw the book at him but you have to agree that the journalist was manipulating the headline to get people to read it. Especially since he never got a 1st DUI.

His 1st offense was a minor in possession, there never was a DUI. Was he drunk and driving? Probably but that's speculation.

The 2nd one was absolutely over the limit. I'm not trying to defend the guy and you're right when you drink you need to know not to drive. But how many other people do the exact same thing and it's not thrown into the public? I'd be hard pressed to find the headline "Joe Schmoe arrested for DUI". Sure you might see one here and there but it's when the guy blows something insane, crashes or kills someone.

Overall I agree that they should throw the book at him but you have to agree that the journalist was manipulating the headline to get people to read it. Especially since he never got a 1st DUI.
    You are not being completely accurate here. Your post implies that he wasn't driving drunk on his first offense. That's not true. From the article:
    Blackmon ... was previously arrested in October 2010 on a DUI complaint. He was pulled over in Carrollton, Texas after driving 92 mph in a 60 mph zone. ... After a plea deal in Carrollton Municipal Court, Blackmon paid a fine for a reduced charge of minor in possession.
    So this is his 2nd DUI arrest because it is the 2nd time he was arrested and charged with a DUI! Just because he plea bargained his way out of the DUI charge, that doesn't mean it never happened.

The headline is completely accurate because it says "Justin Blackmon ... gets a 2nd DUI charge." This is his 2nd DUI charge.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You are not being completely accurate here. Your post implies that he wasn't driving drunk on his first offense. That's not true. From the article:

So this is his 2nd DUI arrest because it is the 2nd time he was arrested and charged with a DUI! Just because he plea bargained his way out of the DUI charge, that doesn't mean it never happened.

The headline is completely accurate because it says "Justin Blackmon ... gets a 2nd DUI charge." This is his 2nd DUI charge.
    A good point, didn't look at it that way. I just saw 2nd DUI which I thought was saying he got his second DUI. I did some searching (which by the way it's hard to find a definition of a DUI complaint). From what I can find it seems that a DUI complaint is when they get someone for another offense (speeding in his first one) and feel that it's alcohol related.

I've looked at various cases and it seems that it's either they can't pass the drunk tests but blow below a .08 or by the time they do administer a BAC test that it's below. The other time it's done is when they think they were driving drunk but can't prove it enough to get a conviction. My guess is that the found alcohol in the car, he'd been drinking and was driving WAY to fast but couldn't prove that he was drunk.

I still think the headline is a little misleading but the bottom line is that what everyone has said is right. The guy either has a problem drinking or figuring out when he shouldn't be driving.

A good point, didn't look at it that way. I just saw 2nd DUI which I thought was saying he got his second DUI. I did some searching (which by the way it's hard to find a definition of a DUI complaint). From what I can find it seems that a DUI complaint is when they get someone for another offense (speeding in his first one) and feel that it's alcohol related.

I've looked at various cases and it seems that it's either they can't pass the drunk tests but blow below a .08 or by the time they do administer a BAC test that it's below. The other time it's done is when they think they were driving drunk but can't prove it enough to get a conviction. My guess is that the found alcohol in the car, he'd been drinking and was driving WAY to fast but couldn't prove that he was drunk. ...
    I'm not sure what the law is in Oklahoma or Texas. I know in Illinois there are two offenses - DUI (Driving Under the Influence) and DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). The DWI is a serious offense. It is driving with a BAC of .08 or greater (over the "legal" limit). You can get a DUI for as little as .03 BAC if the police officer thinks alcohol has impaired your ability to drive, but that is more like a traffic ticket (less serious).

In Blackmon's most recent charge, he blew a .24 which is legally intoxicated, by far, in ANY state. Like I said before, he wasn't just a little buzzed. He was very drunk. He had to know he was in no condition to drive and there is no excuse for that.

The officer performed a field sobriety test on the 20-year-old Blackmon. Under Texas law, drivers under 21 can be arrested for having any detectable amount of alcohol in his or her system and Blackmon fell into that category, Bartram said.

Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon arrested for DUI - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    The officer performed a field sobriety test on the 20-year-old Blackmon. Under Texas law, drivers under 21 can be arrested for having any detectable amount of alcohol in his or her system and Blackmon fell into that category, Bartram said.

Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon arrested for DUI - ESPN
    And that can go either way then. Was he hammered beyond belief like this last one or was the officer smelling beer and took him in? That there was a plea deal screams to me that they didn't get anything solid (aka he didn't blow over a .08) or it wouldn't have been pleaded down to a minor in possession. Granted star athlete's get preferential at times which makes me able to see the other side that he was hammered and got away with one.

Either way the guy's an idiot for driving with a .24 BAC and deserves to have the book thrown at him.