Thread: Maneri lookin Good!!!

Default Maneri lookin Good!!!

Final Chiefs minicamp update: Maneri stands out at TE

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

By ADAM TEICHER The Kansas City Star
    Updated: 2012-06-15T04:57:16Z

Steve Maneri

Some notes from today's Chiefs practice, their final practice until training camp begins next month in St. Joseph:
    1. Because Tony Moeaki is still rehabbing from knee surgery and Jake O'Connell and Martin Rucker are out with injuries, the Chiefs have only three available tight ends. So they've had to give more work to Steve Maneri, a converted offensive lineman, and Maneri has made the most of his chance. Maneri has proven he's more than just a blocker and, since he's 6-7 and 280 pounds, could be of help as a receiver in the end zone. He went over a defensive back, Jean Fanor, to make a great catch for a touchdown today. If Moeaki and Boss are healthy, Maneri might not get much playing time but don't be surprised if he makes the roster as an extra tight end.
    2. The final practice was the 13th of the off-season for the Chiefs. Here's Romeo Crennel's assessment: “I feel like we made progress during the off-season. I’m encouraged by the installation of the offense, the installation of special teams. Defensively, we looked at a couple of things we don’t normally do, so we got good exposure there. I saw some players improve as we’ve gone through this. Now we’re going to put on the pads and we’ll see what they really can do. It won’t be long (until) we’re at training camp and it’s all the way live and it’s real.’’
    3. The Chiefs are maintaining a locker for former center Casey Wiegmann, who is retiring. Wiegmann left behind a couple pairs of shoes and in the locker hangs his practice jersey and a pair of football pants. But other than that and some neatly-stacked towels, the locker is sparse. The unsigned Dwayne Bowe also has a locker, but his has the look of someone intending to use it. Bowe's locker also contains a helmet, shoulder pads, and numerous pairs of shoes.

like it says, he may not get much playing time but at least when he is in the game we won't see that major drop off of TE production.....i hope!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I remember seeing Maneri getting a catch. I was like what kind of trick play is this getting a Defensive lineman the ball. The boy is big for a TE.

He has some thighs made out of iron, when Polumolu went low on him Troy knocked himself out of the game. Maneri has played TE at Temple so he has decent hands and has the skills to be a great blocking TE. Glad to see we have some options given Moeakis history.

Maneri sounds like he could serve a lot of purposes.