Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top KC RBs

Hybrid View

Default Top KC RBs

How do you rank em? Mine goes like this here:

1. Marcus Allen
    2. Christian Okoye (Tecmobowl and in real life)
    3. Priest Holmes
    4. Larry Johnson

I'd go Holmes, Okoye, Johnson...Allen was good, but was at the tail end of his career and never rushed for over 900 yards with the Chiefs.

Natural abilty, I go Charles, Okoye, Johnson, Holmes, Allen.

Who I would want to have starting (in their prime) this year? Okoye, Allen, Holmes, Charles, AnybodybutJohnson.

Who was the most fun to watch? Priest/Christian (TIED), Charles, Johnson, Allen.

There are many different ways to look at it all. But we have had some really good ones, no matter which way I rank them.

i like homles alot but i think he benefitted from a great oline as did joh.son until or oline feel apart then so did johnson so i would credit most.of holmes and johnsons success on the oline. i still liked them both though.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    i like homles alot but i think he benefitted from a great oline as did joh.son until or oline feel apart then so did johnson so i would credit most.of holmes and johnsons success on the oline. i still liked them both though.
    I agree but.....

Considering how poorly LJ did when the o-line broke down, it sure makes Charles even more impressive. And....

Priest had a 1,000 yard season and managed to average 4.6 YPC in his time with The Ravens, prior to coming to KC, where he immediately became a superstar.

Priest surely benefited from the o-line and the Vermiel offense. But he proved that he was a very good RB prior to all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I agree but.....

Considering how poorly LJ did when the o-line broke down, it sure makes Charles even more impressive. And....

Priest had a 1,000 yard season and managed to average 4.6 YPC in his time with The Ravens, prior to coming to KC, where he immediately became a superstar.

Priest surely benefited from the o-line and the Vermiel offense. But he proved that he was a very good RB prior to all of that.

let us not forget that hermy ran lj to death...set an nfl record for most carries in a season and had 40 carries in a game...most of which he had to break three tackles in the backfield just to get back to the line of scrimmage. if we give credit to the great O line for their success then let us also give them some of the blame for there lack there of. with lj everyone in the stadium new he would get the ball nearly every play so he faced 8 & 9 men in the box. do not get me wrong lj was a head case but given a better coach and line he would have shattered all the CHIEFS rushing records. we may not still have liked him but i think he would have been more tolerated.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    let us not forget that hermy ran lj to death...set an nfl record for most carries in a season and had 40 carries in a game...most of which he had to break three tackles in the backfield just to get back to the line of scrimmage. if we give credit to the great O line for their success then let us also give them some of the blame for there lack there of. with lj everyone in the stadium new he would get the ball nearly every play so he faced 8 & 9 men in the box. do not get me wrong lj was a head case but given a better coach and line he would have shattered all the CHIEFS rushing records. we may not still have liked him but i think he would have been more tolerated.
    I do. But I think LJs biggest problem was LJ. And I think that was going to burst his bubble, no matter what. I mean... Who doesn't get along with Dick Vermiel?!?!?!?!

It is hard to say what would have been, but I really think his personailty was going to do him in, one way, or another.

I don't hate LJ. I think he had amazing potential.

Ill tell you what though... Let me see JC with that kind of blocking and offense... INSANITY!!!!

you better find a place for Ed Podalak, not to mention Barry Word, Robert Holmes, Wendell Hayes and Mike Garrett

if you rank according to heart, Podolak has to be #1
    hardest to tackle Okoye
    best raw talent Johnson

flashes of greatness Delaney and Green

bigest surprise Barry Word

best tandem Holmes and Hayes...maybe to be replaced by Charles and Hillis

most productive Priest Holmes

injuries have torn out the last chapters of many careers of KC rb's as well as tragedies so we will never know what might have been.

Christian Okoye, then Priest Holmes, Marcus Allen.

how many of you saw the '71' xmas playoff game w/the dolphins-still longest game in nfl history......
    Ed Podolak 17 carries 85 yds, 8 rec 110 yds, 5 ko/punt returns 155 yds.......350 all purpose yds still playoff record, 4 hrs of giving 110% he may not have been the "best" RB stat wise but you won't find another that tried harder, good blocker in the backfield or downfield, selfless and tireless!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast