Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top KC RBs

Default Top KC RBs

How do you rank em? Mine goes like this here:

1. Marcus Allen
    2. Christian Okoye (Tecmobowl and in real life)
    3. Priest Holmes
    4. Larry Johnson

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12i6w6j64Ls"]Ed Podolak stiff arm and great return. - YouTube[/ame]
    Ed was a Great Chief! The first game I was at Arrowhead. He was still playing.

thanx for the vid, brings back great memories!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

My favorites are Derrick Blaylock, Rashaan Shehee, Darnell Bennet, Bam Bam Morris and Harvey LONG NECK Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    i like homles alot but i think he benefitted from a great oline as did joh.son until or oline feel apart then so did johnson so i would credit most.of holmes and johnsons success on the oline. i still liked them both though.
    I agree but.....

Considering how poorly LJ did when the o-line broke down, it sure makes Charles even more impressive. And....

Priest had a 1,000 yard season and managed to average 4.6 YPC in his time with The Ravens, prior to coming to KC, where he immediately became a superstar.

Priest surely benefited from the o-line and the Vermiel offense. But he proved that he was a very good RB prior to all of that.

How could you have Marcus Allen on here unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I agree but.....

Considering how poorly LJ did when the o-line broke down, it sure makes Charles even more impressive. And....

Priest had a 1,000 yard season and managed to average 4.6 YPC in his time with The Ravens, prior to coming to KC, where he immediately became a superstar.

Priest surely benefited from the o-line and the Vermiel offense. But he proved that he was a very good RB prior to all of that.

let us not forget that hermy ran lj to death...set an nfl record for most carries in a season and had 40 carries in a game...most of which he had to break three tackles in the backfield just to get back to the line of scrimmage. if we give credit to the great O line for their success then let us also give them some of the blame for there lack there of. with lj everyone in the stadium new he would get the ball nearly every play so he faced 8 & 9 men in the box. do not get me wrong lj was a head case but given a better coach and line he would have shattered all the CHIEFS rushing records. we may not still have liked him but i think he would have been more tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    let us not forget that hermy ran lj to death...set an nfl record for most carries in a season and had 40 carries in a game...most of which he had to break three tackles in the backfield just to get back to the line of scrimmage. if we give credit to the great O line for their success then let us also give them some of the blame for there lack there of. with lj everyone in the stadium new he would get the ball nearly every play so he faced 8 & 9 men in the box. do not get me wrong lj was a head case but given a better coach and line he would have shattered all the CHIEFS rushing records. we may not still have liked him but i think he would have been more tolerated.
    I do. But I think LJs biggest problem was LJ. And I think that was going to burst his bubble, no matter what. I mean... Who doesn't get along with Dick Vermiel?!?!?!?!

It is hard to say what would have been, but I really think his personailty was going to do him in, one way, or another.

I don't hate LJ. I think he had amazing potential.

Ill tell you what though... Let me see JC with that kind of blocking and offense... INSANITY!!!!

LJ had an attitude problem typical prima donna mentality, add to that the fact peterson forced him on vermiel. it was no secret tha DV did not want to use that pick on LJ but CP over ruled him so DV resented him from the start. LJ of course did nothing to indeer himself to DV with his antics and of course DV did nothing to help the problem w/his diapers comment. then against DV's best hopes LJ becomes an elite back....but still has off field and run of the mouth problems. next along comes mr edwards whose conservative approach to offense made marty ball look like radical revolutionary copled w/an aging offensive line that could not open holes against an 8th grade class spelled the end for any RB in this case LJ. just be glad it wasn't Priest in there, it would have been like watching john wayne get beat up in every movie.

If I had to pick them before a game, in their prime, and in order, mine goes something like this: Jamaal Charles (up to this date most dominant down for down runner in NFL history since Jim Brown) > Priest Holmes > Christian Okoye > Larry Johnson > Marcus Allen - Should note that Marcus Allen "in his prime" as a Chief was a lot different then Marcus Allen "in his prime."

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Marcus Allen was a GREAT running back, and in the years he played for us was a GREAT Chief.

The years he played for "that other team" are not important.

If you were to put him in a room full of friends....not KC friends, not "other team" friends....just his real buddies....feed him a couple of drinks and ask him what were his best years in the NFL I think he would say his years in KC.

For ME, that is good enough to make him a Chief for life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast