Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Team Preview - Chiefs

Default Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Team Preview - Chiefs

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KZZNzsCcck[/ame]

Good evening Chiefs fans! Here's my Season Preview for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em
    Last edited by Chiefster; 07-16-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Look at the injuries last year. And why are you talking about last year? This post is about this year. Pretty sad when Raiders fans are boosting themselves based on a year when they didn't make the playoffs. And since you are a Raiders fan stop worrying about us and look to your own team. Come on by after we sweep you this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Look at the injuries last year. And why are you talking about last year? This post is about this year. Pretty sad when Raiders fans are boosting themselves based on a year when they didn't make the playoffs. And since you are a Raiders fan stop worrying about us and look to your own team. Come on by after we sweep you this year.
    What injuries did your Oline and LBs have? Injuries are part of the game and without injuries we would have swept you last year (again) and we would have made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by otf View Post
    Can someone explain how the Chiefs have the best OLine and best LBs?

They gave up more sacks then anyone in the AFC West except the Broncos and were worst yds/att in running. If the defense was so good especially the LBs how did they rank 26th against the run?
    No one said we had the best OLine last year, we're talking about this year. Last year we had Barry "the sieve" Richardson so we wouldn't even begin to claim that.

This year we've got a stud RT in Winston. Asamoah did good last year and with a year of experience will do even better this year. Weigmann has all but retired but Hudson will step in after learning from Weigmann and a 15 lbs upgrade. Our weak spot is Lilja who had an admittedly bad year. Hopefully he'll step up and gel with this unit, if not we'll replace him. Albert for all his knocks is a pretty darn good LT. So yeah, I'm feeling pretty good and would say that we have one of if not the best overall line in the AFC West.

While the LB'ers have some say in run defense don't you think the guys up front in the trenches would be more of the problem? Didn't we just use our 1st to draft a NT? I'd look for that ranking to shoot up sky high this year to early teens if not even single digits.

With the addition of a healthy Berry and Lewis back the rest of the defense can roam free without having to worry about the pass. Yes we lost Carr but Routt is only a slight drop in talent (he's not playing a #1 like he was last yr for you).

As for the worst yrds/att there was a guy that was out last year, what was his name...oh yeah, Jamaal Charles! You know the guy who tore up each successive year he's been in the NFL til his injury last year. Now we've added Hillis? I'd look for that number to shoot sky high.

That's why we're pumped for this year. Improved O-line, improved D-line and players that are critical at their position back for this year. We're set to make a run!

Its also nice that the AFC as a whole is down.

I hate the fng chargers

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    No one said we had the best OLine last year, we're talking about this year. Last year we had Barry "the sieve" Richardson so we wouldn't even begin to claim that.

This year we've got a stud RT in Winston. Asamoah did good last year and with a year of experience will do even better this year. Weigmann has all but retired but Hudson will step in after learning from Weigmann and a 15 lbs upgrade. Our weak spot is Lilja who had an admittedly bad year. Hopefully he'll step up and gel with this unit, if not we'll replace him. Albert for all his knocks is a pretty darn good LT. So yeah, I'm feeling pretty good and would say that we have one of if not the best overall line in the AFC West.

While the LB'ers have some say in run defense don't you think the guys up front in the trenches would be more of the problem? Didn't we just use our 1st to draft a NT? I'd look for that ranking to shoot up sky high this year to early teens if not even single digits.

With the addition of a healthy Berry and Lewis back the rest of the defense can roam free without having to worry about the pass. Yes we lost Carr but Routt is only a slight drop in talent (he's not playing a #1 like he was last yr for you).

As for the worst yrds/att there was a guy that was out last year, what was his name...oh yeah, Jamaal Charles! You know the guy who tore up each successive year he's been in the NFL til his injury last year. Now we've added Hillis? I'd look for that number to shoot sky high.

That's why we're pumped for this year. Improved O-line, improved D-line and players that are critical at their position back for this year. We're set to make a run!
    Well thought out response! I agree that Winston is a MAJOR over Richardson but IMHO Albert would be All-Pro at LG but is average at best at LT. Adding Winston may make your Oline a lot better but I don't think it makes you the top OLine in the AFC West.

Adding Poe doesn't help you Defense much, he is to DTs what Heyward-Bey was to WRs in 2009. Berry and Lewis very well may be the best safety pair in the NFL. Dialog is good thanks for keeping it on topic.

Can someone explain how the Chiefs have the best OLine and best LBs?

They gave up more sacks then anyone in the AFC West except the Broncos and were worst yds/att in running. If the defense was so good especially the LBs how did they rank 26th against the run?
    We were behind a lot last year so teams ran a lot against so more yards if u look at yards per attempt we were like 11 or 12 im too lazy to look. Teams didnt have a whole lot of success thrwoing against us at the end of the year because of dj, hali, houston, carr and flowers.

Unlike the raiders all our successs isnt based on one guy. You gave up a ton for carson palmer. We will all have to wait amd see but the afc west isnt a weak division all the teams can play gonna be an exciting year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    We were behind a lot last year so teams ran a lot against so more yards if u look at yards per attempt we were like 11 or 12 im too lazy to look. Teams didnt have a whole lot of success thrwoing against us at the end of the year because of dj, hali, houston, carr and flowers.

Unlike the raiders all our successs isnt based on one guy. You gave up a ton for carson palmer. We will all have to wait amd see but the afc west isnt a weak division all the teams can play gonna be an exciting year for sure.
    Excellent point on the attempts...

Agree the AFC West is much better division then given credit for. What I don't agree on is the Raiders depend on one player (Palmer). We lost our best offensive weapon (McFadden) at the beginning of our first game with you. Our Oline was strong enough that Bush (who is avg) almost had 1000 yards. We have added Brisel who was a beast alongside Winston in Houston at RG so our Oline should be improved.

The biggest difference is for the first time in 20 years teams will have to watch film of our defense before the game. We have been running the same ancient, outdated defense for far too long. It will be interesting...

Excellent point on the attempts...

Agree the AFC West is much better division then given credit for. What I don't agree on is the Raiders depend on one player (Palmer). We lost our best offensive weapon (McFadden) at the beginning of our first game with you. Our Oline was strong enough that Bush (who is avg) almost had 1000 yards. We have added Brisel who was a beast alongside Winston in Houston at RG so our Oline should be improved.

The biggest difference is for the first time in 20 years teams will have to watch film of our defense before the game. We have been running the same ancient, outdated defense for far too long. It will be interesting...
    So what happens when palmer doesnt wrk out. You lost 2 1st rnd pucks and i havent the slightest clue who your backup is.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    So what happens when palmer doesnt wrk out. You lost 2 1st rnd pucks and i havent the slightest clue who your backup is.
    We lost 1 1st & 1 2nd not 2 1st. We are screwed if Palmer goes down with Prior and Leinhart as backups. Fortunately our OLine is solid and are running game will slow down the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Oakland did what I think we should do, bring in a GB executive, GB or NYG please. Who knows what oakland will do without crazy al running things, but I would imagine it is for the better
    Pioli isnt going anywhete dude...you need to deal with it or find a new team to criticize.

The chiefs quietly had one of the best off seasons of any team saved room to sign next years free agents and you want to start over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast