Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

Default Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

If you've found yourself to be a Cassel apologist, please read this. If you still are aft you read it, there is no hope for you:

Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel - ChiefsPlanet

By the way Ryfo... Sorry if the tone seems disrespectful. It is not meant for that purpose. It is just that I am shocked by this refusal to credit Haley for his successes with this team.

You are quite clearly a smart person, and a dedicated Chiefs fan. I respect you very much.

(Just hoping to clear up my "tone" here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm behind the team 100%...
    GOOD!!!!!

Just stating my opinion that I think Cassel is the weakest link.
    And I am not at all sure I disagree with you. But for now he is our QB. If this year he looks like he did in 2010 then maybe he should stick around. If this year he looks more like last year than he did in 2010 then he needs to go down the road and we have a REAL problem. A GREAT team with no QB worth mentioning.....which is why I have said repeatedly we should consider shopping Bowe. If we could get a 1st round pick for him then I suspect we could trade picks in such a way as to have our choice of QBs in next year's draft. Cassel....with the right coaching And a GREAT running game AND a stout offensive line might well be able to win us a few playoff games....maybe even a Superbowl but he surely isn't going to do it without an overachieving team around him. But right now, he is what we have.

I WANT us to win this year, but I would HAPPILY trade Bowe now for a shot at a serious QOTF.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 08-09-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    By the way Ryfo... Sorry if the tone seems disrespectful. It is not meant for that purpose. It is just that I am shocked by this refusal to credit Haley for his successes with this team.

You are quite clearly a smart person, and a dedicated Chiefs fan. I respect you very much.

(Just hoping to clear up my "tone" here.)
    I don't take it as disrespectful at all, it's a simple disagreement as to who deserves the credit. Sure, Haley was the head coach. And yes, he does deserve some credit. But I feel that the addition of Weis was the primary reason for the offense being successful.

I'm trying to think of an example to highlight how I'm looking at this. Let's say an employee at a company develops some new ground-breaking technology that in turn causes his company to earn a lot of money. Who deserves more credit? The employee or his manager?

And yes, Weis was calling "most plays." Thus my reasoning why he deserves the credit for the offensive turnaround.

Charlie Weis will call most plays in Kansas City | ProFootballTalk

That's all I'll say, good chat chief31, as always.

I don't take it as disrespectful at all, it's a simple disagreement as to who deserves the credit. Sure, Haley was the head coach. And yes, he does deserve some credit. But I feel that the addition of Weis was the primary reason for the offense being successful.

I'm trying to think of an example to highlight how I'm looking at this. Let's say an employee at a company develops some new ground-breaking technology that in turn causes his company to earn a lot of money. Who deserves more credit? The employee or his manager?

And yes, Weis was calling "most plays." Thus my reasoning why he deserves the credit for the offensive turnaround.

Charlie Weis will call most plays in Kansas City | ProFootballTalk

That's all I'll say, good chat chief31, as always.
    Fair enough. Although, I thought the play-calling was still pretty sad in 2010, only to be saved by the amazing skills of JC and some good, conservative QBing.

I think Cassel, Weiss and Haley (the whole team, for that matter) all owe a great deal of their 2010 success to JCs unique ability.

I think Cassel, Weiss and Haley (the whole team, for that matter) all owe a great deal of their 2010 success to JCs unique ability.
    And I don't think anybody will argue with you on that! I just hope to he ll that he comes back 100% from his injury and that we can get him the Superbowl ring he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    And I don't think anybody will argue with you on that! I just hope to he ll that he comes back 100% from his injury and that we can get him the Superbowl ring he deserves.
    I started to see flashes of what JC does in McCluster last year.

Not that I have any interest in losing JC, for anything, but I think McCluster has some of the same skills.

I started to see flashes of what JC does in McCluster last year.

Not that I have any interest in losing JC, for anything, but I think McCluster has some of the same skills.
    MY GOD!!!! If McCluster could become half the back that JC is we would dominate the NFL for the better part of a decade! I remember the years when the Scumskins dominated the NFL with just John Riggins and Joe Theisman.

It took him a while to get comfortable, but later in the season, he started hitting the "gap" so quick that defenses were not able to get into the positions that were designed for defending those gaps.

I hope he continues to get opportunities at HB. I'd like to see more.

i think the charles/hillis combo will be quite formidable. maybe the best in the nfl
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

It took him a while to get comfortable, but later in the season, he started hitting the "gap" so quick that defenses were not able to get into the positions that were designed for defending those gaps.

I hope he continues to get opportunities at HB. I'd like to see more.
    I really hope the project of Making fall down against the wind McCluster a HB is over. Seriously, my three year old would make a tackle on McCluster look like he is getting blown up. As you said he was hitting those gaps last year but at the slightest bit of contact was tackled sometimes as mucgh as an arm tripping him up. He is better suited to be used on a reverse, or as a slot back where he has room to run. His talents were wasted last year as a HB. The Chiefs went to him way to much and was becoming very predictable when he would get the ball because he can't pass block and won't get the ball much on short yardage situations.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast