Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

Default Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

If you've found yourself to be a Cassel apologist, please read this. If you still are aft you read it, there is no hope for you:

Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel - ChiefsPlanet

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    There you go! The constant bickering about Cassel accomplishes nothing. He is going to be our starting quarterback this year and that is all there is to it.

He got us to the playoffs once and has a much better team around him now. We'll know soon enough if he needs to stay or go.
    Indeed, he is the starter going in to training camp. It is time for all of us Chief fans to rally around support all the Chiefs that come out of training camp making the team! Time to give your support to the New Season!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    When a thread starts talking about Beer you know that Canada has been around
    With out a doubt, Those Canadians can and will drink more beer than they think we can! Canada is a great friend of mine, and I will always enjoy his fandom to our great team! The Kansas City Chiefs!!!!

I don't know when or where Stanzi became the QBOTF, because he hasn't done anything to give him that label other than he hasn't proved he is failure. I really think people need to be prepared for Stanzi to be possibly a career back up. He may not even beat our Quinn for the back up job. From what I have heard, he is not clearl obvious choice over Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't know when or where Stanzi became the QBOTF, because he hasn't done anything to give him that label other than he hasn't proved he is failure. I really think people need to be prepared for Stanzi to be possibly a career back up. He may not even beat our Quinn for the back up job. From what I have heard, he is not clearl obvious choice over Quinn.
    You may be right, but doesn't it bode well for Stanzi if he is toe to toe with a former first round pick who has played in a version of Dabolls offense before? I'm not a big Quinn fan by any means but if the kids holding his own there may be more to come from Stanzi.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post

You know OP, they won't win the division. I don't come here to troll or make anyone angry, and if I am right i certainly wont gloat about it, I just want our team to be better, I just dont see a future with Cassel. We really havn't seen any evidence from him that he can do it.
    You won't gloat!?!?!?!?

The guy who named himself "MyManOrton" wouldn't't gloat?!?!?!?!?

Who do you think you are fooling? You have never posted a single comment here that is not some form of gloating, have you?

But we have seen a lot of good from Matt Cassel. You just refuse to acknowledge it, and go cherry-picking stats you like better.... Anything unfavorable to Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I do buy into the 17-22 record as a starter, 3-13 record against playoff teams, 59 rating against teams .500 and over, 29th in yards per attempt in 2011.

Why can't you?

Canada when you talk about "It's a team game" I understand it. But for example, when Cassel goes 11-33 115 yards 0 td and 2 int in a loss to oakland what am I suppsoed to believe?

When he has a bad career rating and 3-13 record against winning teams what am I supposed to think? Am I supposed to think Cassel has contributed well but we came up short? No I am inclined to believe the guy sucks and will not be part of the solution
    You are supposed to think that Matt Cassel is evil. But any reasonable person should be thinking.... "Why?" He did pretty good in his first season starting since high school. Why would his team's record be poor after that?

And the most glaring, so deep down your throat that it is ****.g you a hemoroid, is that he switched teams. As a rookie, he was playing for the NFC division chaps, but switched to a team that lost seven times.as.many games as they won before him.

When you consider the team, suddenly going 18-21 with that team seems pretty good...... But only to a reasonable person though.

When you are on such anarchy team, you aren't going to look so hot. And when you are that bad of a team, you are going to look worse against really good teams.

Reasoning.

Logic.

Reality.

But Matt Cassel has defied all logic and looked better than logic would dictate one player could, on such a weak team. And now, we are going to see what he can do here, when we have an offense that has talent.

I think he will.continue to meet, and exceed expectations.

check out the training camp post i just posted, nice take on the [new] cassel
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the debacle that occurred last year getting the plays sent in to Cassel while Haley was there. What a freakin' farce that was.

Any QB is going to struggle with that. Simply put, get the plays sent in to him quicker this year, so he can get the team to the LOS and have a chance to audible, if he needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the debacle that occurred last year getting the plays sent in to Cassel while Haley was there. What a freakin' farce that was.

Any QB is going to struggle with that. Simply put, get the plays sent in to him quicker this year, so he can get the team to the LOS and have a chance to audible, if he needs to.
    Agreed. He has been in a tough situation here, from day one.

I don't care who you blame for the rotating play-caller situation..... But it is just another huge obstacle that Cassel has been working around.

Blame for the horrible play-calling is on Haleys shoulders, not Matt's. 2009 Haley fires the OC & throws out the playbook 2 wks before season...season result was horrible with Haley acting as HC & OC. 2010 we had Weis. Again Haley tried to micro manage the OC's job & playcalling, which led to Weis leaving the Chiefs pre post season playoff against the Ravens. The result of Haley acting as OC for that playoff game = another disaster. 2011 Zorn & Muir were both calling plays, and Haley again would intervene changing the play called. There were times during a game Matt would signal for someone, anyone, to make a dang call!

The few times Matt took it upon himself to make a call...Haley ripped him apart, including on camera during one game! The majority of the few plays Matt did call were successful...Haley can't make that claim!

The players at camp right now say there is so much more organization to what they're being taught offensively. They love Daboll, including Matt! They all say it's great to finally have one OC instructing them, and they can all be on the same page! Crennel is not interferring at all with Daboll, he's letting him do his thing!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast