Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

Hybrid View

Default Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

If you've found yourself to be a Cassel apologist, please read this. If you still are aft you read it, there is no hope for you:

Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel - ChiefsPlanet

WOAH... well let's just say I am not saying a single word about this one.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I wish I had as much free time as whoever wrote that post...

Good find. I've always said Cassel makes a decent OL look horrible.

The dude definately is not the qb to take us to the super bowl unless we have a unmoveable defense and a hell on wheels run game.

But we all knew that.

[quote=70 chiefsfan70;261623]Good find. I've always said Cassel makes a decent OL look horrible.
    quote]

Where is this decent OL that he made look bad. Our Oline has not been decent since since Will Shields and Willie Roaf retired. Charles mad them look decent, but every other RB and QB on this team made them look like what they are. Winston greatly improves this team but there is still quesitons about the middle that I am concerned about.

[quote=My Man Orton;261646]
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

During the 2008 season with New England, Cassel was sacked once every 11 pass attempts. Behind the exact same offensive line Tom Brady was sacked once every 35 pass attempts. This is a particularly harsh indictment of Cassel's ability to detect, respond and escape pressure considering Brady (who is less athletic) was operating an offense that was more wide open, featured more of an emphasis down the field and was less dependent on running.

2011 - 1 sack every 12 attempts - 5th ranked pass blocking line.
    2010 - 1 sack every 17 attempts - 16th ranked pass blocking line.
    2009 - 1 sack every 12 attempts - 30th ranked pass blocking line.
    2008 - 1 sack every 11 attempts - 18th ranked pass blocking line.

For some weird reason it never seems to change
    As an EX season ticket holder I also saw a lot of pressure on our QB's including Orton and Palko. I also saw our running game struggle in short situations but I guess that was all Thomas Jones, and Jackie Battles fault or maybe the QB handing the ball off and not the offensive line itself.

I see football as a team sport. Everyone has to be doing their part to make things work. And the one huge glaring variable that your stats do support is who was the OC these years. The best year Cassel had was when Hailey was not calling the plays. Given the clear conflicts Hailey and Cassel had, and the struggles at RT and age in the middle, the offensive line wasn't great. The receivers weren't getting huge separation for the type of plays Hailey was calling, we had no running game.

There are a lot of variables that I can complain about other than Cassel which is why I pointed out that I am an EX season ticket holder. Most of those variables have been addressed. So other than Stanzi who I really wanted to see last year. What other options do we have right now.

I don't see the point of spending the time and energy trashing Cassel at this point. What does it accomplish. Clearly he has zero excuse this year given the talent around him. What if those other variables were a reason for his performance. Why not try and to embrace that and wait until the guy at least plays a game under Romeo and then trash the guy when he has failed. Hating on him now isn't going to change that he is our starter hating on a player before the season starts only adds negativetly that will snow ball to other areas the second something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Not people on this site
    Most on this site prefer ALL the facts included not just the ones that are Bad for certain people. Something that doesn't provide
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    That link has quite a few facts my friend. You just look for excuses and try to suppress the truth, just like blaming it on the WR.

It's all here. Record, yards per attempt, rating, record in situations (for example we are 3-16 when we throw more than we run) Making the line worse (Sacks in NE and in KC) No deep passing attack etc.

In the past, every single year when a team contains the run we are dead, finished, buried. We can't win. Don't you think that throwing and moving the ball has to do with the qb? We need a guy to step up and play well, a QB THAT PLAYS TO WIN. A qb that can make the deep throws and move the ball down the field. It's obvious from the past we dont have that guy. If you want a qb that plays well against crap teams yet plays absolutely awful against the good teams (59 rating), has a weak deep passing attack, loves to throw to the flats, holds onto the ball way too long gets sacked, is not capable of going out there and consistently win with throwing the ball then Cassel is your guy.

So a Wr dropping a pass has no effect on a QBS numbers????????????? Is that what you're trying to tell me. The Chiefs in 2009 were very close to the record for dropped passes. You don't think that effected Matt Cassel's numbers. I already showed how if you give him just Half of the lower number of drops since Haley had it higher that raised Cassels Completion% 5%. Don't you think that had a impact????????? A drop is a pass that is Catchable that is not caught. Cassel put the ball where the WR could have caught it the ball ended up on the ground. That's not Cassel's fault. It's the WR's job to catch the ball NOT Cassel's what do you expect Cassel to now catch his own passes? Like it or not that IS factor in why some of his numbers are the way they are. Just because it doesn't support your argument doesn't mean it didn't happen. Again I have never said Cassel is a great QB. I just say it's not all on Matt Cassel and the article posted doesn't state all the FACTS just the parts that put it all on Cassel. Where in that did it mention Dropped passes? Where in that did it mention that the winning % went up under Cassel then there 3 years before? Those are Facts they weren't included can you give me a good reason why they weren't?????
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Please send this to Mr. Pioli.....thanks

Gentlemen.....and I use that term loosely....Cassel is going to be our starter at least at the start of the season (barring injury).

There is no point in whining moaning and *****ing about that idiot who collects a Cowboys paycheck now or Stanzi or anybody else. All we're doing is adding hot air to the atmosphere.

Cassel is "the man" right now and there is no point in *****ing about it.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast