Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

Default Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

If you've found yourself to be a Cassel apologist, please read this. If you still are aft you read it, there is no hope for you:

Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel - ChiefsPlanet

WOAH... well let's just say I am not saying a single word about this one.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I wish I had as much free time as whoever wrote that post...

Good find. I've always said Cassel makes a decent OL look horrible.

The dude definately is not the qb to take us to the super bowl unless we have a unmoveable defense and a hell on wheels run game.

But we all knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Not people on this site
    Most on this site prefer ALL the facts included not just the ones that are Bad for certain people. Something that doesn't provide
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Please send this to Mr. Pioli.....thanks

Someone email this to pioli! Where is Connie Jo. She loves Pioli and Cassel.

Ryfo18 is my new favorite poster, if he says the qb of the future is stanzi i will agree. If he says we should bring back steve bono I agree. I nominate Ryfo as a moderator on this site.
    Hey I still like Pioli, and really like Connie Jo.

Cassel to me is just the weakest link in a team that has been built very solid. He's our QB this year, no doubt about it. But he has a long way to go to prove his worth to me. This very well could be his last year as a Chief of he doesn't take a big step forward.

That link has quite a few facts my friend. You just look for excuses and try to suppress the truth, just like blaming it on the WR.

It's all here. Record, yards per attempt, rating, record in situations (for example we are 3-16 when we throw more than we run) Making the line worse (Sacks in NE and in KC) No deep passing attack etc.

In the past, every single year when a team contains the run we are dead, finished, buried. We can't win. Don't you think that throwing and moving the ball has to do with the qb? We need a guy to step up and play well, a QB THAT PLAYS TO WIN. A qb that can make the deep throws and move the ball down the field. It's obvious from the past we dont have that guy. If you want a qb that plays well against crap teams yet plays absolutely awful against the good teams (59 rating), has a weak deep passing attack, loves to throw to the flats, holds onto the ball way too long gets sacked, is not capable of going out there and consistently win with throwing the ball then Cassel is your guy.

So a Wr dropping a pass has no effect on a QBS numbers????????????? Is that what you're trying to tell me. The Chiefs in 2009 were very close to the record for dropped passes. You don't think that effected Matt Cassel's numbers. I already showed how if you give him just Half of the lower number of drops since Haley had it higher that raised Cassels Completion% 5%. Don't you think that had a impact????????? A drop is a pass that is Catchable that is not caught. Cassel put the ball where the WR could have caught it the ball ended up on the ground. That's not Cassel's fault. It's the WR's job to catch the ball NOT Cassel's what do you expect Cassel to now catch his own passes? Like it or not that IS factor in why some of his numbers are the way they are. Just because it doesn't support your argument doesn't mean it didn't happen. Again I have never said Cassel is a great QB. I just say it's not all on Matt Cassel and the article posted doesn't state all the FACTS just the parts that put it all on Cassel. Where in that did it mention Dropped passes? Where in that did it mention that the winning % went up under Cassel then there 3 years before? Those are Facts they weren't included can you give me a good reason why they weren't?????
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Gentlemen.....and I use that term loosely....Cassel is going to be our starter at least at the start of the season (barring injury).

There is no point in whining moaning and *****ing about that idiot who collects a Cowboys paycheck now or Stanzi or anybody else. All we're doing is adding hot air to the atmosphere.

Cassel is "the man" right now and there is no point in *****ing about it.

I dont care about Orton, the only reason I made the name was because I thought Pioli would resign him and he could knock Cassel out of the starting job. If it had been Brady Quinn my name on here would of been "My Man Quinn."

Since dropped passes are now your excuse, Matt show me some dropped pass statistics in the nfl as a team because, because believe it or not, EVERY SINGLE TEAM has dropped passes in the NFL. In fact, last year in 2011 we were not even among the league's worst, as I can see the top 5 were Atlanta, NYG (Who won the SB), Cleveland, Tampa bay, and Philadelphia.

In fact, Breaston our starting WR was 10th in the league with the fewest drops, and we see no Kansas City player in the bottom ranks! We weren't even close to the top in drops! Besides, even if we were up there in drops, there are many great QB's who have WR on this list, yet still put up big numbers and great records. So stop using that as an excuse! NO MORE EXCUSES MATT! SEE THINGS FOR WHAT THEY ARE!

Drop Rate 2011: Which receivers are dropping the ball? | ProFootballFocus.com
    Ok My man you have convinced me just looking at some facts is a fair way to look at things instead of looking at all the details that have an effect of things so I can now declare the following about MR. Cassel

IN 2009 Matt Cassel was better then Drew Brees,Aaron Rodgers

In 20010 Matt Cassel was better then Drew Brees,Phillip Rivers,Matt Schab,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning,Jay Cuttler

How can I declare this simple we only look at the bare results we don't look into details and all the factors that go into everything that goes into a team and these guys all lost to the "cream puffs" that Cassel beat so the only thing that we can declare just looking at some bare results of things is that Cassel is better. Does that sound fair to you?????????????
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast