Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 123

Thread: Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,956
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default Just How Bad Cassel Really Is


    0 Not allowed!
    If you've found yourself to be a Cassel apologist, please read this. If you still are aft you read it, there is no hope for you:

    Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel - ChiefsPlanet
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Wow, I wish I had time to put together half hearted stat's and video's of someone making a bad play. Because that never happens to receivers or running backs. Oops, dropped the ball in the end zone. Oops, fumbled the opening kickoff on opening day.

    Look I'm not a supporter and I think he should be replaced. Stuff happens, but this is clearly someone that dislikes Cassel and is trying to make him look as bad as humanly possible. Hey I over threw the ball. Let's look at that clip again, the lineman missed his assignment so Cassel couldn't follow through on the throw. What logically happens when someone can't follow through...the ball drifts. What happened, the ball drifted. OMG!! It's like...physics or something.

    Here's another clip I have a problem with. Cassel missed a receiver swinging his hands that's running across the line of scrimmage. Hmm isn't that BOTH sides of the line collapsing? Oh that's right, half of the offensive line is saying hey Matt, sorry about letting the entirety of the the D line in on you.

    Yet another clip Bowe being over thrown. Oh cool, why don't we throw a clip up there of Bowe running the wrong route and then shrugging. My bad, lets try that play again D-Bowe likes running routes!

    Finally, Cassel dodging a guy and then running for his life and getting sacked. Hrmm, why would Cassel have to dodge two guys? Oh that's right, the O line sucked and let them come rushing in.

    This article is clearly saying "I hate Matt Cassel so I'm going to try and find statistics to make him look bad and clips that I can put witty things on. lol, wtf, omg". There are three kinds of lies in the world, lies, damn lies and statistics. For every person that claims look at the facts I can find you another set of facts that contradicts them. The other thing I think almost every clip missed is that the O line sucked. We've worked this year on getting an upgraded line on both sides of the ball which is why I'm not screaming to the high heavens.

    With all that said, please replace our QB as it is now our weak link in the team.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 07-23-2012 at 11:31 AM.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Wow, I wish I had time to put together half hearted stat's and video's of someone making a bad play. Because that never happens to receivers or running backs. Oops, dropped the ball in the end zone. Oops, fumbled the opening kickoff on opening day.

    Look I'm not a supporter and I think he should be replaced. Stuff happens, but this is clearly someone that dislikes Cassel and is trying to make him look as bad as humanly possible. Hey I over threw the ball. Let's look at that clip again, the lineman missed his assignment so Cassel couldn't follow through on the throw. What logically happens when someone can't follow through...the ball drifts. What happened, the ball drifted. OMG!! It's like...physics or something.

    Here's another clip I have a problem with. Cassel missed a receiver swinging his hands that's running across the line of scrimmage. Hmm isn't that BOTH sides of the line collapsing? Oh that's right, half of the offensive line is saying hey Matt, sorry about letting the entirety of the the D line in on you.

    Yet another clip Bowe being over thrown. Oh cool, why don't we throw a clip up there of Bowe running the wrong route and then shrugging. My bad, lets try that play again D-Bowe likes running routes!

    Finally, Cassel dodging a guy and then running for his life and getting sacked. Hrmm, why would Cassel have to dodge two guys? Oh that's right, the O line sucked and let them come rushing in.

    This article is clearly saying "I hate Matt Cassel so I'm going to try and find statistics to make him look bad and clips that I can put witty things on. lol, wtf, omg". There are three kinds of lies in the world, lies, damn lies and statistics. For every person that claims look at the facts I can find you another set of facts that contradicts them. The other thing I think almost every clip missed is that the O line sucked. We've worked this year on getting an upgraded line on both sides of the ball which is why I'm not screaming to the high heavens.

    With all that said, please replace our QB as it is now our weak link in the team.
    THIS

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,150
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 758

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Regardless of whatever happens with Cassel, the biggest hope for the Chiefs QBOTF is still Stanzi.

    Stanzi is really the key guy and how fast he can develop and take over the starting QB position.

    I'm sure all eyes of Chiefs fans will be on Stanzi in the upcoming preseason.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Regardless of whatever happens with Cassel, the biggest hope for the Chiefs QBOTF is still Stanzi.

    Stanzi is really the key guy and how fast he can develop and take over the starting QB position.

    I'm sure all eyes of Chiefs fans will be on Stanzi in the upcoming preseason.
    Agreed, I'll be curious to see how Daboll is with Stanzi. Daboll and McCoy butted heads furiously according to reports. Hopefully Stanzi comes out and does well this year. Honestly I'd like to see him sit another year regardless of what happens with Cassel this year. I don't want to rush him out there just because Cassell isn't hacking it. I'd rather have Stanzi come out when he's ready instead.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,934
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    [quote=70 chiefsfan70;261623]Good find. I've always said Cassel makes a decent OL look horrible.
    quote]

    Where is this decent OL that he made look bad. Our Oline has not been decent since since Will Shields and Willie Roaf retired. Charles mad them look decent, but every other RB and QB on this team made them look like what they are. Winston greatly improves this team but there is still quesitons about the middle that I am concerned about.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,956
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Agreed, I'll be curious to see how Daboll is with Stanzi. Daboll and McCoy butted heads furiously according to reports. Hopefully Stanzi comes out and does well this year. Honestly I'd like to see him sit another year regardless of what happens with Cassel this year. I don't want to rush him out there just because Cassell isn't hacking it. I'd rather have Stanzi come out when he's ready instead.
    My biggest worry is that Daboll has failed at multiple stops to develop a QB into a successful one. That list includes Sanchez, Henne, and McCoy.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    We are judging Matt Cassel's play here, not special teams. I have just layed out the dropped passes statistic, so stop using that as an excuse. He also had the 5th best blocking line last year, yet his play was only worse. Your dropped passes and line excsues don't hold up, the facts dont show them being a problem. You are just looking for more excuses instead of saying, ok these are the facts, we have to admit he hasn't played well. You don't have to say he's not the qb of the future, but you do have to say these are terrible stats.

    Judging by his stats and play it is obvious he is not the qb to get us to that next step. This will continue in 2012
    No you didn't you went to a different year then what was brought up. 2011 and 2009 are not the same year.


    http://ffarmory.com/main_blogs/2009-...d-passes-stats http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-alarming-rate

    4 chiefs were on the list leading the way. It's not an excuse it's a factor in why the numbers were the way they were in 2009 every team has drops not many come close to record breaking drops.

    And I will say this again just to show how only looking at some of the facts and not the whole story like the article posted here does can be so far twisted

    IN 2009 Matt Cassel was better then Drew Brees,Aaron Rodgers

    In 20010 Matt Cassel was better then Drew Brees,Phillip Rivers,Matt Schab,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning,Jay Cuttler

    How can I declare this simple we only look at the bare results we don't look into details and all the factors that go into everything that goes into a team and these guys all lost to the "cream puffs" that Cassel beat so the only thing that we can declare just looking at some bare results of things is that Cassel is better. Does that sound fair to you?????????????
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 07-23-2012 at 03:21 PM.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Wait what? Matt cassel was better than Drew brees and Aaron Rodgers in 2009? Huh?

    In 2010 He was better than all of those guys, how? He was 24th in YPG, had a worse rating than most of those guys. And they are the ones (with the exception of Schuab) that anchor and drive their offenses. Cassel doesn't, the best thing you can say about him is he took care of the ball inside the red zone, which would be true.
    You're right that's one of the most idiotic,ridiculous,asinine things I have ever said and trust me for me that's saying something I left out a whole lot of facts in that statement.Oh you want ALL the facts now. Strange you don't think that article should include all the facts.

    Based just on results Matt Cassel can be claimed better since he beat teams that those qbs lost to you no the "Cream puffs" Who cares about all the other stuff right that's just excuses right????????? Or is it only the facts that help defend Cassel that should be left out you no the

    1. Near record dropped passes in 09

    2. Lack of talent Cassels first Chiefs team had

    3. ALL the different OCs that Cassel has played for Including 2 before he even played on snap in the regular season for the Chiefs

    4. The losing key players to the offense including the teams MVP

    That you would like left out. If you don't want to tell the WHOLE story why should I.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default The Stronghold


    0 Not allowed!
    I believe in Cassel. He's elite in my book. GO CHIEFS

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    We are judging Matt Cassel's play here, not special teams. I have just layed out the dropped passes statistic, so stop using that as an excuse. He also had the 5th best blocking line last year, yet his play was only worse. Your dropped passes and line excsues don't hold up, the facts dont show them being a problem. You are just looking for more excuses instead of saying, ok these are the facts, we have to admit he hasn't played well. You don't have to say he's not the qb of the future, but you do have to say these are terrible stats.

    Judging by his stats and play it is obvious he is not the qb to get us to that next step. This will continue in 2012
    When you take Cassel's stats and apply them to the rest of the team and why we're going to be 8-8 this year we're talking about the whole team.

    This is a prime example of you cherry picking. You say the team isn't going to be good but then specifically narrow in on Cassel. When I point out other problems you blindly say those don't count and go back to Cassel. Prime. Example.

    Important fact #1 rebuttal: Brady had been playing how long in the NFL? What year was it for Casssel? Oh yeah, Cassel's suppose to come out playing like Brady, nevermind.

    Important fact #2 rebuttal: The 5th best line in 2011, cherry picking. You didn't even factor in injuries. But you shrug off his 2010 and 2009 rankings when he had the 16th ranked pass blocking line and the 30th...30th!!! ranked pass blocking line. Way to ignore FACTS.

    Important fact #3 & #4 rebuttal: No real rebuttal needed. They're pointing out that when the running game works Cassel isn't getting sacked as much. Hmm that almost sounds like some kind of cause and effect thingy. Which leads to...

    Important fact #5 rebuttal: The guy had the same sack rate as Cassel. That must be pretty good, oh wait he didn't have many sacks because he was busy throwing INT's and incompletions!!!

    Important fact #6 rebuttal: Pioli didn't resign Orton. I'm not sure if the author of this article was eating the same cannoli he accuses Pioli of eating because the last time I checked the NFL wasn't a chain gang. Orton didn't want to be here, plain and simple. He wanted to be a back up and anyone that doesn't believe that needs to go read this article on arrowhead pride Clearing Up Misconceptions On Kyle Orton And The Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride.

    Important fact #7 rebuttal: For the 5th best passing line that you so tout please tell me why not one but two defenders are chasing Cassel down in that clip? Buh, buh...

    You just don't like Cassel. Just admit it, you'd rather see him and the Chiefs fail so you can point and laugh and say see guys!! I called it. Look at how brilliant I am.

    I'm going to enjoy seeing you eat crow at the end of this year when we're not only division champs for the 2nd time in three years and have a strong probability of winning our playoff game.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cassel
    By SIC J in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 01:06 AM
  2. Mr Cassel
    By Canada in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 09:29 PM
  3. is this a Cassel must win ???
    By kcvet in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 04:17 PM
  4. cassel is the key
    By slc chief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 09:30 AM
  5. Cassel
    By WichitaChiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 11:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •