Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

Default Just How Bad Cassel Really Is

If you've found yourself to be a Cassel apologist, please read this. If you still are aft you read it, there is no hope for you:

Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel - ChiefsPlanet

Stanzi looked alright yesterday. It was the day before that he looked horrible. Cassel had looked great this camp so far.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Haley was the HC. But his superiors blocked him from doing his job, by doing it for him.
    This is because Haley was an idiot.
    SHUT IT

Just out of curiosity, how many times have you turned around a 2-14 team into a 10-6 NFL division champion?

Or do you always fail to support your judgements?

Just out of curiosity, how many times have you turned around a 2-14 team into a 10-6 NFL division champion?

Or do you always fail to support your judgements?
    With the 11th ranked scoring defense, #1 rushing offense, and #30 passing offense, let's give credit where it's due--The O-line, JC and TJ, the defense, and the coaching staff...namely Weis (who was calling plays) and Crennel.

Cassel played well, but he was a small part. And when he was called upon to carry the team, he responded by going 9/18 for 70 yards and 3 INTs in the Wild card game.

The Chiefs need to look for a QB that can put the team on his back. I'm not blind to the fact that it's difficult, but Matt Cassel is not the guy that can do that, it's that simple.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 08-08-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    With the 11th ranked scoring defense, #1 rushing offense, and #30 passing offense, let's give credit where it's due--The O-line, JC and TJ, the defense, and the coaching staff...namely Weis (who was calling plays) and Crennel.

Cassel played well, but he was a small part. And when he was called upon to carry the team, he responded by going 9/18 for 70 yards and 3 INTs in the Wild card game.

The Chiefs need to look for a QB that can put the team on his back. I'm not blind to the fact that it's difficult, but Matt Cassel is not the guy that can do that.
    Pretty easy for you to assume all credit away from the HC there, isn't it?

We don't know how much of he offense was a result of who's play-calling/design.

But, for my money, I would give most of the offensive credit to the incredible individual talent of JC.

Nobody else was able to run with that blocking, and the running game was what slowed the pass-rush, in my opinion.

But, all spin and speculation aside, Todd Haley coached this team from 2-14 to 10-6 division champs.

How about if you ACTUALLY give credit where it is due, instead of spinning away from reality?

Pretty easy for you to assume all credit away from the HC there, isn't it?

We don't know how much of he offense was a result of who's play-calling/design.

But, for my money, I would give most of the offensive credit to the incredible individual talent of JC.

Nobody else was able to run with that blocking, and the running game was what slowed the pass-rush, in my opinion.

But, all spin and speculation aside, Todd Haley coached this team from 2-14 to 10-6 division champs.

How about if you ACTUALLY give credit where it is due, instead of spinning away from reality?
    So you're willing to go on the record and say that the head coach that was 4-12 calling plays deserves the credit after a brilliant playcaller in Charlie Weis comes in and the team all the sudden jumps to 10-6?

Weis then leaves and the team starts 0-3 in 2011. Matt Cassel is 54-82 for 428 yards and a 3/5 TD/INT ratio through those first 3 games, after throwing 7 total INTs through 16 games in 2010.

What exactly did Todd Haley do that had a bigger impact than Weis or Crennel in 2010? Seriously? The biggest impact he had was running Charlie Weis out of town.

Why are we doing this again?

Cassel is the QB right now and we will have all season to decide if he is worth a ship or not. Cassel is the QB and the only thing that might change that is poor performance. It is all wait and see now.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Why are we doing this again?
    Because there's really nothing else to argue about...

Fair enough. I'm just not big on arguing with fellow Chiefs fans. Last I checked we were all supposed to be on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Fair enough. I'm just not big on arguing with fellow Chiefs fans. Last I checked we were all supposed to be on the same side.
    Sure, we all root for the same team. That definitely doesn't mean we have to all agree on which direction the team should head in terms of personnel.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast