Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: den sched too tough for manning???

Default den sched too tough for manning???

just because i just noticed it and to change subjects for a bit, looking at the bronco sched its possible they end up 2-14 instead of 14-2.
    steelers-loss
    falcons -loss
    texans- loss
    raiders - win
    chargers-loss
    saints -loss
    bengals - loss ?
    panthers -loss?
    chargers - loss?
    CHIEFS - loss
    ravens - loss
    CHIEFS -loss
    raiders - loss?
    browns - win

not actualy predicting it, but i could see it hapening if things don't go right in those [?] games.
    so much for the donx being the favorite to win the division, heyna or no???
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton;261750[B
    ]All i know is that with him they were super bowl contenders EVERY SINGLE YEAR, and then he leaves and they dont end up winning a game til week 13 or whatever.
    [/B]
    I have said it before I will say it again. The Colts last year were more then a result of not having Peyton Manning. They have lost a number of guys that helped them through there superbowl runs. They lost there Head coach from that time. YES losing Peyton was the thing that finished them off but it was not just because they lost Peyton it was the combo of that and all the other guys that they have loss along with a great head coach. Add in the fact that the guys still on the team or getting up there in age. Peyton was a factor but he was not the only one they have loss over that time. It finally caught up with them.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Who wasn't there in 11 that was there in 10?
    i still want to know who blair white is. like i stated losing manning was big because they let him have to much control of the offense. and when they lost him the TEAM gave up. they put all their eggs in the manning basket and it turned around to bight them just like it is going to do in denver

I couldn't believe when the schedule came out that we don't play them for the first time until so late in the season. You know intuitively that the Broncos will get off to a slow start and I'd like to have seen the Chiefs in a position to take advantage of that earlier in the year.

How do you know? Lol, Philip Rivers has shown that he CAN be among the "elite." You better hope and pray Manning isn't on Rivers level.
    Rivers is consinstently getting worse each year as key players leave each year. Remember he is the reason they lost to the Chiefs last year.

Manning qb rating has gone down in 6 of the last 7 years w/2010 being the lowest w/the most yds passing yet the worst team record since 2002. could be a sign that the team and/or manning are aging. i have seen it so many times w/a great QB hits 40 and changes teams all of a sudden his production slides and never looks like the player he once was. Montana was an exception. just sayin don't be shocked if manning is not the legend he once was and the broncos don't have a great team to make up for it. tebow last year won games somewhat magicaly but even that ended after the steelers game. yes manning is ten times better than tebow, but tebow is just plain lucky and it is always better to be lucky than good!!! again i am not setting my prediction in stone just sayin it can happen easier than most people think. i think tebow won more of those games last year than manning would have.

I suspect that we will all have a much better idea what Manning will mean to the Broncos in about 6 weeks.

Manning made unknown WR's like Blair White house hold names. He could play with high school WR and look like the best ever. He has had a year's rest, he will be ready. Same old Peyton.
    Who the *%!# is Blair White? The only Blair White I can find that has played for Indy had 36 catches for 355 yards and 5TD in 2010. In 2011 he was a special teamer....please, PLEASE tell me how that is a household name?

Who wasn't there in 11 that was there in 10?
    -QB Peyton Manning - start with the obvious first
    -LB Gary Brackett - captain of the defense out after Pitt game (3rd week)
    -S Melvin Bullitt who isn't as known but was their starter
    - an aging Dwight Freeny
    - an aging Jeff Saturday who retired after this last year
    - an injured Joseph Addai who only played 8 games in 2010 and 12 in 2011. Addai also had less yards each year after Caldwell took over (past 3 yrs).
    - an aging Dallas Clark who's numbers from 2010 and 2011 were embarrassing to previous years.

I mean the list goes on and on. This wasn't all Manning getting injured. This team was/is at the point where they're talent has gotten old and dried up. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Who the *%!# is Blair White? The only Blair White I can find that has played for Indy had 36 catches for 355 yards and 5TD in 2010. In 2011 he was a special teamer....please, PLEASE tell me how that is a household name?

- an aging Dwight Freeny
    - an injured Joseph Addai who only played 8 games in 2010 and 12 in 2011. Addai also had less yards each year after Caldwell took over (past 3 yrs).
    - an aging Dallas Clark who's numbers from 2010 and 2011 were embarrassing to previous years.

I mean the list goes on and on. This wasn't all Manning getting injured. This team was/is at the point where they're talent has gotten old and dried up. Period.

Blair White is that person in the witch trial movie...you know. "blair witch trial"!!!!

MMO is not going to answer you. He hates it when his "facts" turn out to be fantasy.

- an aging Dwight Freeny

THIS

Peyton Manning was the biggest part of the colts over the past 10 plus years. But if they still had all the parts they once had in there prime then just losing Peyton wouldn't have made them a 2-14 football team. Old age will always catch up with a team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast