Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: den sched too tough for manning???

Default den sched too tough for manning???

just because i just noticed it and to change subjects for a bit, looking at the bronco sched its possible they end up 2-14 instead of 14-2.
    steelers-loss
    falcons -loss
    texans- loss
    raiders - win
    chargers-loss
    saints -loss
    bengals - loss ?
    panthers -loss?
    chargers - loss?
    CHIEFS - loss
    ravens - loss
    CHIEFS -loss
    raiders - loss?
    browns - win

not actualy predicting it, but i could see it hapening if things don't go right in those [?] games.
    so much for the donx being the favorite to win the division, heyna or no???
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS

Peyton Manning was the biggest part of the colts over the past 10 plus years. But if they still had all the parts they once had in there prime then just losing Peyton wouldn't have made them a 2-14 football team. Old age will always catch up with a team.
    That's why having our entire roster under age 30 has so many fans excited.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Manning made unknown WR's like Blair White house hold names. He could play with high school WR and look like the best ever. He has had a year's rest, he will be ready. Same old Peyton.
    Go to europe for a cpl wks and its the sane ol sane ol with you blair white....seriously!

Say what you want about peyton romeo has his number and has had it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Go to europe for a cpl wks and its the sane ol sane ol with you blair white....seriously!

Say what you want about peyton romeo has his number and has had it for years.
    Here's the numbers that prove this post

Peyton Manning in 9 games vs. Romeo Crennel:

CMP/ATT: 197/322 (61.2%) (career: 64.9%)
    Y/A: 6.64 (career: 7.6)
    TD/INT: 9 TDs / 14 INTs (career: 399 TDs / 198 INTs)
    QB Rating: 71.92 (career: 94.9)
    Record: 3-6
    Points per game: 17

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Here's the numbers that prove this post

Peyton Manning in 9 games vs. Romeo Crennel:

CMP/ATT: 197/322 (61.2%) (career: 64.9%)
    Y/A: 6.64 (career: 7.6)
    TD/INT: 9 TDs / 14 INTs (career: 399 TDs / 198 INTs)
    QB Rating: 71.92 (career: 94.9)
    Record: 3-6
    Points per game: 17
    Thanks for doing the homework.

Facts? I give you all of the facts in the world on Matt Cassel and why he can't be our franchise guy.
    You give some facts but you leave out some pretty key facts. You give only the facts that you want to put out. You don't put out the whole story

They had Brackett week 1 and Bullitt the first 2 weeks and still got killed
    You're missing the whole point. The point is the Colts over the YEARS have lost a number of key guys and there talent that was still there was not what they use to be due to the wear and tear over the years. Manning was the death blow. He was a HUGE part of why they were as good as they were. But don't you think a Marvin Harrison, edgerrin james in there prime like Manning had for years and years would have helped them win more then 2 games? 2010 the Colts were the SAME as the Chiefs 10-6 lost there first playoff game. You call that super bowl contenders? Well then Cassel had the Chiefs super bowl contenders.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yes, they lost to the jets by 1 or 2, we lost to the ravens by 30. The Colts went to the SB the year before. We didn't make the playoffs
    We also beat the Jags,Bolts you no the "creampuffs" the Colts lost to them.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Why do we continue to engage in debate with someone in capabke of understanding debate.

Well the Jags were at home when they beat Indy. Did we beat indy at Jax?

Jax stared TODD BOUMAN. TODD BAUMAN! Did Todd Bouman play against indy? .
    Bottom line they ended up the EXACT same as the Chiefs did 10-6 out in the first round. You call that super bowl contenders for one team but not for the other? A team that had much more playoff experience had what I will grant you is a better qb and they couldn't win a playoff game and there superbowl contenders?

Yeah, Cassel threw for 68 hot yards, it was a fluke win. You and I both know it, they murdered us in yards and we won on special teams. But what can I say, a win is a win. And we did beat SD.
    Again you have to bash Cassel and throw out a win. The bottom line is we WON that game against the Chargers. We scored more points then them. No matter how much it doesn't support your view IT HAPPENED

And what are you talking about really, we lost to Indy that year, by double digits.
    Yes we did. I won't pretend it didn't happen but like I said at the end of the day we ended up the same as them in 2010. 10-6 out in the first round. You call it super bowl contenders for 1 team and Flukes for the other.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

But anyways Matt let's move on. My whole point is simply this, Peyton Manning is considered one of the best ever, and the reports we are getting from his camp is that he is on fire, "Putting on a clinic" is the quote. He is now in our division, on the team that won the division last year. We should be worried, because Denver is the team to beat this year. Why? They won the division last year and made a HUGE upgrade at the most important position, QB. Everyone wants to point fingers and say "What about his arm?" Well what about JC, Moaeki and Berry's leg? Are they going to be the same? How can you be so sure?
    Peyton Manning is a great Hall of fame qb. But the media is constantly over hypeing anything that Peyton does. I don't care what he's doing in camp. I care about what matters in the game. Can he do it when he's able to actually be hit. Can he do it for a full season given his condition?

The difference between Peytons injury and Charles,Moaeki,Berry is this. Peyton has not had 1 injury 1 neck surgery he has had 4. Peyton is not in the same spot early in his career he's close to 40 years old. That's a big difference. You NEVER know how a player is going to come back but it's not nearly as hard when you don't have the amount of wear and tear that Peyton does.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well when I say that for the SD game I do believe that game was one of those games where the other team got lucky.

They had 398 total yards, we had 187. When I see a stat sheet like that 98% of the time you would think the 398 team won the game, but not this time, the 187 yard team won. So yes, that particular game could be considered a fluke.

I never said we were a "fluke team" If i did say it (Which I don't think I did) we weren't simply because we won our division.

We did have a fluke win yes, but you need to separate fluke team from a contender. Indy was a contender because they had gone to the SB from the previous year, they have been contenders since the 2003 season. They had shown in the past they can beat the top teams, while we have not. The primary difference was 2010 for them was considered a "down" year, 2010 for us was considered a "great" year. Colts lost by 1 pt in the playoffs and we lost by 30, and when you consider a good season getting blown out by 30 (which was for us a good year because we had gone 4-12 the year before, so don't jump down my throat) the teams in comparison are not the same, not even close.
    You make them out to be Flukes from 2010 everytime you talk about the "cream puffs" which is very often. Basicly anytime anything good is said about Cassel .
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast