Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: den sched too tough for manning???

Default den sched too tough for manning???

just because i just noticed it and to change subjects for a bit, looking at the bronco sched its possible they end up 2-14 instead of 14-2.
    steelers-loss
    falcons -loss
    texans- loss
    raiders - win
    chargers-loss
    saints -loss
    bengals - loss ?
    panthers -loss?
    chargers - loss?
    CHIEFS - loss
    ravens - loss
    CHIEFS -loss
    raiders - loss?
    browns - win

not actualy predicting it, but i could see it hapening if things don't go right in those [?] games.
    so much for the donx being the favorite to win the division, heyna or no???
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Manning qb rating has gone down in 6 of the last 7 years w/2010 being the lowest w/the most yds passing yet the worst team record since 2002. could be a sign that the team and/or manning are aging. i have seen it so many times w/a great QB hits 40 and changes teams all of a sudden his production slides and never looks like the player he once was. Montana was an exception. just sayin don't be shocked if manning is not the legend he once was and the broncos don't have a great team to make up for it. tebow last year won games somewhat magicaly but even that ended after the steelers game. yes manning is ten times better than tebow, but tebow is just plain lucky and it is always better to be lucky than good!!! again i am not setting my prediction in stone just sayin it can happen easier than most people think. i think tebow won more of those games last year than manning would have.
    Peyton Williams Manning (born March 24, 1976) that makes him 36 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltWalt View Post
    Peyton Williams Manning (born March 24, 1976) that makes him 36 years old.
    my bad, i was just using his age from an earlier post, should have checked me self. he should still have 2 - 3 good years left assuming he is 100% back. and that is the million $ ???

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Here's the numbers that prove this post

Peyton Manning in 9 games vs. Romeo Crennel:

CMP/ATT: 197/322 (61.2%) (career: 64.9%)
    Y/A: 6.64 (career: 7.6)
    TD/INT: 9 TDs / 14 INTs (career: 399 TDs / 198 INTs)
    QB Rating: 71.92 (career: 94.9)
    Record: 3-6
    Points per game: 17
    Wait that's the same kind of TD to INT #'s that Cassel has had against .500 or better teams. That means that when Manning plays the Chiefs he's a "horrible" QB...right MMO?

By the way still like that you completely ignored my post about the Colts having a ton of people that were older, injured, bruised up the entire season, etc.

Also I said it and I'll say it again....are you going to ignore the FACT that you threw out some b.s. about some guy named Blair White being a household name? C'mon, you really expect to let that one slip?
    Last edited by OPLookn; 07-30-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Let's be honest Chiefs Fans.....NONE of us knows which Manning is going to take the field for the Donks this year.

It could be the Manning we've seen playing for the Colts in years gone by....or it could be an old, broken, scared quarterback....or anything in between. Just the truth.

IMO one thing is sure....Manning is the only thing that might prevent us from winning the AFC West.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    When he plays the Chiefs hes a "horrible" qb? Like the 2003 playoff game when they didn't even punt? And btw, you have your facts screwed up, the majority of those stats are against Romeo was when he was with the super bowl Patriots, not the Kansas City Chiefs.

Both crennel and Manning are on completely different teams now, Peyton is on a team with a running game, so the situations now are nothing alike (BTW, dont ever, EVER compare someone with a super bowl win, 4x mvp and is considered one of the greatest of all time to some scrub who has done nothing and is trying to keep his job)

My whole point with Blair White was that Peyton could play with scrubs and make them look good. Blair White never caught a pass before 2010, and will never catch a pass in the future, yet as a 4th-5th WR he comes in and has 5 td catches in 13 games, which is actually pretty good.

What does it matter where romeo was. He knows how to beat peyton. Your a stat numbers guy when it comes to cassel. Hes 3 and 6 against a romeobdefense. There is no debate to that 3 wins and 6 losses. U take peyton and give me romeo.

I would say this defense is as good as any of romeos in new england we finished outside the top ten without berry and an anemic offense..

Peyton has at least two games to fear! Both of them have a Tamba, that will be coming at him!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Haha you would rather have Peyton than Romeo? How did Romeo do in Cleveland?

I have a problem with Cassel, this is true. I am a realist, who combines observation and stats to make a decision, 3-13 against playoff teams, 3-16 when we throw more than we run, he has a career qb rating of 76 with the chiefs, 21-25 as a starter. He hits the flats more than any qb I have ever seen in my entire life, and that is with a good los. His completion and attempts beyond 20 yards is absolutely horrendous, and that is something you desperately need, especially come playoff time and you run into tough run defenses who can tackle like Baltimore.

Do stats show everything sometimes? No, but they do give you a pretty good idea of what is going. And when you combine actually seeing the particular player, assume your own thoughts and then look at the stats, there is no denying the evaluation, his stats speak for his play.

Not well but Who has in cleveland in any sport

GO back an look at when Romeo's ds have gone against Peyton they have faired better then most over the years.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The donks always seem to come up with RB that produce a problem. To beat the donks, we always need to score more than they do, then we win! It is simple! You all worry to much, the season has not even started, we will win, or lose. If we win all the games at Arrowhead, we will be in a better chance than if we do not. Just get positive, and believe in our team, as it is! Much like Canada, I can not like negative fans. Yes I do not know if Cassel is who should be our QB, I have my issues on his play, but, he is a Chief! So I will always cheer for him, and hope he can be what we need to win, if he is the starter at season start.

no matter how much anyone disagrees with anyone else the posts should always be devoid of personal attacks no matter how heated they get. IMHO. we are all CHIEFS fans inside after all, joining us into the best fraternity ever......CHIEFS NATION!!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast