Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: den sched too tough for manning???

Default den sched too tough for manning???

just because i just noticed it and to change subjects for a bit, looking at the bronco sched its possible they end up 2-14 instead of 14-2.
    steelers-loss
    falcons -loss
    texans- loss
    raiders - win
    chargers-loss
    saints -loss
    bengals - loss ?
    panthers -loss?
    chargers - loss?
    CHIEFS - loss
    ravens - loss
    CHIEFS -loss
    raiders - loss?
    browns - win

not actualy predicting it, but i could see it hapening if things don't go right in those [?] games.
    so much for the donx being the favorite to win the division, heyna or no???
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    When he plays the Chiefs hes a "horrible" qb? Like the 2003 playoff game when they didn't even punt? And btw, you have your facts screwed up, the majority of those stats are against Romeo was when he was with the super bowl Patriots, not the Kansas City Chiefs.

Both crennel and Manning are on completely different teams now, Peyton is on a team with a running game, so the situations now are nothing alike (BTW, dont ever, EVER compare someone with a super bowl win, 4x mvp and is considered one of the greatest of all time to some scrub who has done nothing and is trying to keep his job)

My whole point with Blair White was that Peyton could play with scrubs and make them look good. Blair White never caught a pass before 2010, and will never catch a pass in the future, yet as a 4th-5th WR he comes in and has 5 td catches in 13 games, which is actually pretty good.
    And we're back to the stats don't favor your opinion so they don't count. As nightmare pointed out who cares where romeo coached before, I suppose we should only go based off the last game then? Fact is Romeo has on a consistent basis thrown Manning off his game. Period!

The reason he made Blair White look "good" is because he didn't have anyone else to throw to at the time. Look any NFL receiver should be able to catch a ball but again...bottom line, he's not a house hold name, never was, never will be and you MADE that up.

I am all for rooting for our chiefs, but my god. If anyone has a different opinion on here from the consensus on Chiefs Crowd you get absolutely torn to shreds. When i came on here and posted why Orton should be the starter, Canada and some others acted like I had just made fun of their mom.

This is a Chiefs board fellas, lighten up. It's for conversation. I respect everyone's opinion on this board, even the ones that don't agree with me (Which is pretty much everyone except for my man dbolan) There are going to be some things I will be right and wrong about this season, but the schedule is in our favor and do I think we can make the playoffs? Yes. With denver's brutal schedule I think it's possible, just need to wait and see, but everyone lighten up! Good Lord
    Agreed we're all Chiefs fans and I know Matt and I seem to go back and forth with you religiously. I can't wait for the 2012 season to see how all this talent plays together. I've got to say that this season "feels" different to me. I know we've got talent, people coming back, acquired some good free agents and got some draft talent this year. But for what ever reason it is I've got a feeling.

MMO the reason I disagree with you so much is because you like using stats to pad your opinion but when the inconsistencies are pointed out you ignore them. Things like how a loss is blamed on Cassel but in the last 2 minutes of the game the Defense gives up the winning TD or FG. There are some things that one individual person can't control no matter how much you want to blame it on them. I appreciate your differing opinion because if we all thought the same life would be very boring.

Haha you would rather have Peyton than Romeo? How did Romeo do in Cleveland?

I have a problem with Cassel, this is true. I am a realist, who combines observation and stats to make a decision, 3-13 against playoff teaums, 3-16 when we throw more than we run, he has a career qb rating of 76 with the chiefs, 21-25 as a starter. He hits the flats more than any qb I have ever seen in my entire life, and that is with a good los. His completion and attempts beyond 20 yards is absolutely horrendous, and that is something you desperately need, especially come playoff time and you run into tough run defenses who can tackle like Baltimore.

Do stats show everything sometimes? No, but they do give you a pretty good idea of what is going. And when you combine actually seeing the particular player, assume your own thoughts and then look at the stats, there is no denying the evaluation, his stats speak for his play.
    There you going again wanting someone who wouldnt even visit us during his tour. As far as im concerned oeyton can f hinself and i hope we make him look like a joke.

My whole point is when we lose Cassel usually has absolutely awful numbers against those good teams. when he goes 10-30 123 yards and 2 int you have to believe that he is one of the MAJOR reasons we lost the game. My opinion reflects what I have seen, the stats just back it up.

And most definitely, I enjoy conversing with you and Matt, it keeps the board fresh, without different opinions we would have nothing to talk about.
    We all get that and understand that. But the whole point that you're missing is that a large amount of time that Cassel has been in KC he has not had a good team around him. He took over after a 2 win season. Most the time to beat a good team you have to be a good team and the Chiefs were not for a good amount of Cassel's time in KC. Not one person on here has said Matt Cassel is a great QB. We are just saying look at the WHOLE picture there is more then just stats that you have brought up over and over again. Just looking at stats is not a fair way to judge.

I will hand it to you My man you stick to your opinion and I can tell you feel strongly about Cassel. But all this besides the fact lets forget what has happened the last few years. THIS IS THE YEAR. There is talent. There is depth. There are no more breaks for Cassel. It's on him. It's put up or shut up time for him. Lets all stop fighting about what has happened and talk about what happens this year. That's what matters now. 10 days till preseason game 1. Let the past rest in the past.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Couldnt agree more.

Nigerian would you relax man.
    Nope i have had a deep dislike for peyton since the 2007 playoff game in indy. We should have won, ty law had two picks one to the 5 yard line,, and that damn bob samders.

The city if indy kinda sucks we were treated poorly, they do have an awesome steak house tho.

And ill relax the day you learn to debate properly.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    There are no more breaks for Cassel. It's on him. It's put up or shut up time for him.
    THERE IT IS!!!!! If Cassel does not produce this year, then we need to be schemeing how to get the first round pick in the draft. Cassel has to prove that 2010 wasn't a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Lets all stop fighting about what has happened and talk about what happens this year. That's what matters now. 10 days till preseason game 1. Let the past rest in the past.
    DEAD ON AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    THERE IT IS!!!!! If Cassel does not produce this year, then we need to be schemeing how to get the first round pick in the draft. Cassel has to prove that 2010 wasn't a fluke.

DEAD ON AGAIN!!!

I think this is how 90% of the Chiefscrowd.com members feel, especially at this point in the season. It will be interesting to see how things play out. I cant wait for the preseason games to start so I can watch the Chiefs play ... although I am not amped about forking out 200 bucks to DirectTv to make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I think this is how 90% of the Chiefscrowd.com members feel, especially at this point in the season. It will be interesting to see how things play out. I cant wait for the preseason games to start so I can watch the Chiefs play ... although I am not amped about forking out 200 bucks to DirectTv to make it happen!
    I think it is really the only reasonable position to take. For better or worse, Cassel is our starting QB right now and we should support him the way we do ALL Chiefs.....which is why we are the best fanbase in the country.

That said, I think Cassel can Git-R-Done but I expect him to prove (as I think most Chiefs fans do) that he deserves the support he has gotten these last few years.

I think we have a serious playoff caliber team and unless we get murdered by injuries again (ACL problems have a habit of being hard to return from....just ask the Giants) then IMO anything short of a playoff appearance and at least a competitive playoff game means that Cassel has to go.

He has had his chances and is due a "pass" for last year's performance due to the injuries but it is "put up or shut up" time for Cassel as far as I am concerned.

i think you guys should reserve an "I TOLD YOU SO !!!" post to use after the first game of the season. of course only one of you will be able to use it!!! LOL
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i think you guys should reserve an "I TOLD YOU SO !!!" post to use after the first game of the season. of course only one of you will be able to use it!!! LOL
    Using such a post after the first game would be dramatically premature. Even halfway through the season might be premature.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast