Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: den sched too tough for manning???

Default den sched too tough for manning???

just because i just noticed it and to change subjects for a bit, looking at the bronco sched its possible they end up 2-14 instead of 14-2.
    steelers-loss
    falcons -loss
    texans- loss
    raiders - win
    chargers-loss
    saints -loss
    bengals - loss ?
    panthers -loss?
    chargers - loss?
    CHIEFS - loss
    ravens - loss
    CHIEFS -loss
    raiders - loss?
    browns - win

not actualy predicting it, but i could see it hapening if things don't go right in those [?] games.
    so much for the donx being the favorite to win the division, heyna or no???
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I like our situation so much more than Denver's. They've given away so much in the past 5 years that it will take a long time to overcome that!

I watched Peyton play last night in the Broncos/Bears game. He moved the ball down field fairly easily, but the Bears didn't play Julius Peppers (who usually commands a double team on the line), or Brian Urlacher (who covers the whole field) because of a very wet field and the Bears not wanting to take a chance on either of them getting hurt. He was 4-7 for 44 yds. He threw one pass about 17 yds but all the others were in the 5-10 yd range, so I couldn't see how strong his arm is. The accuracy was there, for the most part, but his passes didn't look like they had much zip on them. on the couple of occasions where he was pressured, he got rid of the ball quickly and avoided getting hit. In the red zone, he threw a pass down the middle of the field (a little high) which bounced off of the receiver's hands and was intercepted by Major Wright in the end zone.

He looked decent, but not spectacular. Of course it was the first preseason game and both the offense and the defense he was playing against were very vanilla so I don't think you can really glean much from that.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    4-12. That isnt even mediocre. That isn't even average. That's not even below average. That is terrible, that is a top 3 pick.
    He has consistently asked you if the FACTS support your argument and all you can do is keep throwing up a damn season record. You know what? Your man Orton has gone to the *****boys. Shouldn't you, already?
    Last edited by chief31; 08-11-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Let's not lose our cool, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    just because i just noticed it and to change subjects for a bit, looking at the bronco sched its possible they end up 2-14 instead of 14-2.
    steelers-loss
    falcons -loss
    texans- loss
    raiders - win
    chargers-loss
    saints -loss
    bengals - loss ?
    panthers -loss?
    chargers - loss?
    CHIEFS - loss
    ravens - loss
    CHIEFS -loss
    raiders - loss?
    browns - win

not actualy predicting it, but i could see it hapening if things don't go right in those [?] games.
    so much for the donx being the favorite to win the division, heyna or no???
    No unbiased predictions there....SMH.....especially when you have KC as two automatic losses.....SMH. If Manning can stay healthy he will elevate the Donkey's performance. One concern Den fans should have is their very soft OL.I have seen the Raiders man handle last season...for that matter, any large physical DL. Last year the OL benefitted from Tebow's scrambling(as opposed when Orton was QB)....but Manning had that quick release. Problem is, will the OL's performance throw off Manning's timming and make him throw the ball too early. But makes no "bones" about it, Den will be tougher to beat with Peyton.
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-12-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    No unbiased predictions there....SMH.....especially when you have KC as two automatic losses.....SMH. If Manning can stay healthy he will elevate the Donkey's performance. One concern Den fans should have is their very soft OL.I have seen the Raiders man handle last season...for that matter, any large physical DL. Last year the OL benefitted from Tebow's scrambling(as opposed when Orton was QB)....but Manning had that quick release. Problem is, will the OL's performance throw off Manning's timming and make him throw the ball too early. But makes no "bones" about it, Den will be tougher to beat with Peyton.
    yup denver will be a tougher team to beat. i think there weakness is going to be there run defense once again. and in a division with the chiefs rb's and mcfadden . they will not have an easy road to the playoffs like many are predicting. i personally love how the chiefs matchup against the donkeys

The AFC west...is inching closer to the wild west days and being one of the toughest divisions in football. No one team is a lock to win....but don't tell Den fans.....they are myopic at the moment with their Manning-gasims.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678