Thread: When will bowe start losing money

Default When will bowe start losing money

Will it be for missing pre season games or could he hold out till the start of the regular season before losing money?

I heard Josh Looney say it was the first week of the regular season. IIRC he said their pay is divided by 17 and they get a check every week of the regular season.

IMO he should be losing money now. This is turning into a game of chicken and if Bowe doesn't start acting like a team player real quick I hope they make him ride the pine all season.

from the NFL:

Dwayne Bowe remains a ghost at Kansas City Chiefs facilities, but the wide receiver might not be digging in for the long haul.

Chiefs training camp report

The Chiefs possess talent on offense and a potentially scary-good defense, which has Bucky Brooks saying they could be a darkhorse contender for the AFC title. More ...

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, ProFootballTalk.com reported Monday that Bowe "plans to show" before the regular season begins.

Players on the franchise tender begin earning their paycheck during Week 1, so Bowe will get every penny as long as he's signed and in uniform on Sept. 9 against the Atlanta Falcons. Since Bowe has yet to sign his $9.5 million tender, he's not subject to team fines that could pressure him to report.

So Bowe would still be covered from a business sense, but it doesn't account for missing the installation of a new offensive gameplan or the increased injury risks that come with the 0-to-60 nature of immediately sliding into meaningful game action.

Then there's the head-scratching nature of his holdout to begin with. Even if the Chiefs did want to give Bowe the long-term deal he covets, the negotiation window is already closed, per NFL rules. Bowe has no leverage of which to speak.

Unless you count making life difficult for coaches and teammates.
    link with vid
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Given the incosistentcy shown you could argue he's probably loosing money now on that new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Given the incosistentcy shown you could argue he's probably loosing money now on that new contract.
    what's he's losing pays for a night on the town
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

If he doesn't show up until week 1 and then takes 2 more weeks to get fully acclimated in Dabolls offense, if he isn't dead on consistent I don't see him getting the target % he did in seasons past. That, in the end, will hurt him when negotiations open back up.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    If he doesn't show up until week 1 and then takes 2 more weeks to get fully acclimated in Dabolls offense, if he isn't dead on consistent I don't see him getting the target % he did in seasons past. That, in the end, will hurt him when negotiations open back up.
    Yup! At this point DB is simply screwing himself. His holdout will without a doubt hurt his production this year and that is going to lower his chances of getting the fat contract he wants.

He is either not very smart or is in the thrall of a very stupid agent.....or both.

I just hope that when he goes to another team that we get something of value in return.

He is losing everyday he is not in camp. If not there, lose out of would or could be. There are others that can play, and will. He is only hurting himself in my opinion. You can not get the big dollars unless you are worth, and to be worthy of such, catch ever pass that you can!

When he finally gets in camp he better be atleast in great shape. if jot I wont count on him cuz I betbhe will get injured.