Thread: Eric Winston

Default Eric Winston

Nice article regarding Winston here:

Eric Winston

He not only thus far seems to have upgraded the RT position, but it says he's looking DOMINANT in training camp, and is providing the O-Line leadership that has been so sorely lacking for many years since years since Roaf and Shields retired ( Waters did not fit that bill in my judgement and neither does Lilja ).

Bring on the 2012 NFL season. It won't be long, now.

This is a very good thing on so many levels. The running game passing game can see improvement but this also takes pressure off of the left side.

hands down our best off season move.

yep can not wait to see this o-line dominate

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    hands down our best off season move.
    Agreed, and what really blows my mind is the way Houston just put him on waivers like he was an expendable bench-warmer and got nothing in return for him.

I mean we're not talking Barry Richardson here. Winston is a tough and talented veteran very much in his prime who's a good pass protector and his run blocking skills are supreme. Plus, he was starter for nearly SIX years in Houston.

How does any teams front office in their right mind let THAT type of player go without getting anything in return? They won't even get a compensatory draft pick.

Kudos to Pioli and Crennel for going after Winston like a heat-seeking missile and bringing him in and not letting him out of KC without signing a contract.

Winston has probably got a bad taste in his mouth regarding the way Houston just dumped him like that & I suspect his dander is really up.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-06-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agreed, and what really blows my mind is the way Houston just put him on waivers like he was an expendable bench-warmer and got nothing in return for him.

I mean we're not talking Barry Richardson here. Winston is a tough and talented veteran very much in his prime who's a good pass protector and his run blocking skills are supreme. Plus, he was starter for nearly SIX years in Houston.

How does any teams front office in their right mind let THAT type of player go without getting anything in return? They won't even get a compensatory draft pick.

Kudos to Pioli and Crennel for going after Winston like a heat-seeking missile and bringing him in and not letting him out of KC without signing a contract.

Winston has probably got a bad taste in his mouth regarding the way Houston just dumped him like that & I suspect his dander is really up.
    Purely a cash saving deal. Ive read houston is/was in salary cao trbl with their current rostwr and had to make some tough decisions and felt they had enough depth at the de position and the ol.

But kudos for pioli and crennel getting him in town and not leaving when soo many teams were interested. We were hus first and last visit.

Not only is Winston a boost to the offense, but TJ no longer gets a free ride in practice. Having to go against Winston in practice will only make TJ better.
    The Chiefs are Back!