Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: berry is a freaking beast

Default berry is a freaking beast

the guy is going to explode this year just watch

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This is true one very simple fact, health. Plain and simple.
    and the yards per carry. dmc has to get that up if he wants to be on charles level

Let's take off the Oak glasses and the KC glasses. JC is a very productive back....he is a hard working kid. But when both are healthy there is no comparison, of the two DMC at AP level.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Let's take off the Oak glasses and the KC glasses. JC is a very productive back....he is a hard working kid. But when both are healthy there is no comparison, of the two DMC at AP level.

ok i will take the k.c glasses off

jamaal charles was a third round pick who had to wait behind l.j to get a shot and has way overperformed being a late round pick.

mcfadden is a top 5 pick who has 1 season over 1,000 yards. he has vastley underperformed he was the day one starter his first year and only put up 600 yards. i will give mcfadden this with his size and speed he could be on ap's level and be one of the best to play if he lived up to the hype and stayed healthy. but he has not so far. and i am sorry but 1 year with over 1,000 yards does not make him elite. and 600 yards is as close as he has become to reaching it again

and they were both healthy in 2010 here are their stats

charles rushed for 1,467

mcfadden rushed for 1.157

thats 310 more for jamaal

it is awesome having a civil rival fan on this site yoda. but you are flat out wrong on this one

mcfadden may have more upside with his size and speed. but i will take proven performance over upside anyday
    Last edited by slc chief; 08-12-2012 at 04:56 PM.

I will admit that JC has proven himself more than DMC...no doubt. DMC health issues has hampered his ability to "prove himself".But, I go back to the NFL top 100 and to be voted by your peers up 30 spots and only playing 7 games speaks volumes. I would say that production wise JC has the leg up....but that mojo....that take the game over ability....DMC has it in spades. It will be interesting to see how if JC can still perform at a high level.....or will KC just use him in spots.
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-12-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

This is true one very simple fact, health. Plain and simple.
    1. Charles was injured the entire season last year. That excuse fails.

2. Injury, and one's ability to avoid them, is a part of how good a player is. I accept that with JC. Now try accepting it for DMC.

3. How do you even attempt to act like your guy is so superior, and then turn right around and concede that the other guy has done more?

When not injured (rare as that may be), what is the average of how far a DMC carry gets, and what is the average of other Raiders RBs, and what is JC's average compared to all other RBs on the same offense?

While on the field, JC has been the more efficient RB. You can try to spin the injury excuse, but when on the field, your guy is good, but not as good as JC.

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree and let the season play itself out.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123