Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: berry is a freaking beast

Default berry is a freaking beast

the guy is going to explode this year just watch

St. Joseph, Mo. – Eric Berry wanted to get the most from Tuesday’s joint practice with the Cardinals, so he sought out Arizona’s best player.

It didn’t matter if Berry had to line up as an outside defender and play like a cornerback. He couldn’t pass on the challenge of manning up against Larry Fitzgerald during one-on-one drills with Cardinals wide receivers.

“I just went out there and I figured I’d get a taste,” said Berry. “He’s one of the best at what he does. Me, I thrive off competition and love a challenge. Shoot, why not go out there? He’s one of the best players in the league.”

A sore foot kept Brandon Flowers out of practice anyway, so it wasn’t as if Berry had to fend off a number one corner looking for a matchup against a number one receiver. The one-on-one battles were Berry’s for the taking and the third-year safety lined up across from Fitzgerald during each rotation of the 10-minute matchup period.

“Some of our guys wanted to get out there, but I was just like ‘I’ve got to go do it.’ I just had to get out there and matchup with him just to see,” Berry said cracking a smile.

Berry and Fitzgerald competed three times during the one-on-one period.

It was just the two of them on an island. One spotlight. One quarterback. One football. No help.

“I felt like I did good,” Berry said afterward. “I felt like I was playing ball out there.”

Fitzgerald ultimately won two of the three meetings, but each snap was competitive. Berry’s victory came when he stalemated Fitzgerald’s attempt to cross inside on a slant.

Overall, Fitzgerald walked away impressed with the Chiefs young safety. It was the first time the six-time Pro Bowler had squared off against Berry in a competitive environment. Their only other meeting came in the 2011 Pro Bowl.

“I didn’t know he was that athletic,” Fitzgerald said. “It was the first time I’ve gotten to play against him and he’s an impressive specimen. You’ve got a free safety, strong safety, wide receiver, linebacker, cornerback – he can play any position he wants to with that athleticism.

“More so, I’m excited to see that he’s fully recovered from his injury. He’s bounced back and regained his form.”

Berry’s athleticism is what stood out to Fitzgerald and it’s what captured the attention of most fans watching Berry play man-to-man on an island.

There was Berry, lined up out of his element as a cornerback, putting up three solid battles with one of the best receivers in professional football.

“It just depends on what you define as being out of my element,” Berry said. “Anything that you’re asked to do on the football field, you have to be prepared for.

“Nobody is going to say it’s out of my element if it happens on a Sunday and I’m lined up outside in a cornerback position and they bomb a touchdown. They’ll just say that I got bombed for a touchdown, so I’ve got to be prepared for any possibility out there.”

That’s the attitude that makes Berry so valuable to the Chiefs.

And the interceptions.

And the tackles.

And the leadership.

And the athleticism.

Mitch Holthus at Chiefs.com said that his pass coverage looks much improved over 2010. That's what I want to see from Berry.

Plus, he'll get a chance to play behind the best Defensive front 7 that he's ever had in front of him.

Hopefully, they'll ease him through the preseason, so that he'll be out there for when it counts in the regular season ( anyone remember Percy Snow or Sylvester Morris ? ).

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Mitch Holthus at Chiefs.com said that his pass coverage looks much improved over 2010. That's what I want to see from Berry.

Plus, he'll get a chance to play behind the best Defensive front 7 that he's ever had in front of him.

Hopefully, they'll ease him through the preseason, so that he'll be out there for when it counts in the regular season ( anyone remember Percy Snow or Sylvester Morris ? ).
    unlike percy and sylvester berry has already proven himself. it is not easy to gain as much respect around the league in just one year like berry did. he will be a household name by the end of the year. he is bound and determined.

No doubt about Eric Berry. Speaking of BEAST!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    No doubt about Eric Berry. Speaking of BEAST!

that was o.k yoda

BUT HERE IS A BETTER BACK

And If You Did Not Notice Most Of The Charles Highlites Are Against More Than One Team/one Game. Aka Mcfadden Against Donkeys. Oh It Also Last Almost Two Minutes Longer Hah

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    that was o.k yoda

BUT HERE IS A BETTER BACK

Better RB....nope....DMC head and shoulders above JC. Eric B is a beast.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Better RB....nope....DMC head and shoulders above JC. Eric B is a beast.

UNTILL DMC MAKES IT THROUGH A FULL YEAR AND DOES SOMETHING IN A PLAYOFF GAME CLEARLY CHARLES IS THE BETTER BACK. WE WILL LET THIS YEAR JUDGE ANOTHER ROUND IN THE DEBATE. LETS JUST HOPE BOTH OF THEM STAY HEALTHY

That is the knock on DMC....when healthy and on the field....JC is good....but compared to DMC...there is no comparison. DMac is an absolute beast. Btw....before you toss out my Raiders bias....let me say that the "beast" I see on KC are Eric B, D Johnson, and Tamba Hali. These players are heads and shoulders better than any players the Raiders have in the same positions. I am a realist :-)
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-11-2012 at 06:32 PM.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast