Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts after Friday Nights game

Default Thoughts after Friday Nights game

I have heard so many people say the Chiefs are going to the Superbowl after Friday nights game. Hold on people. I am excited about what I saw, but it was a pre-season game against Arizona. Next week against St. Louis shouldn't be any We turned the corner contest either.

Next, there were a lot of good things to see. I think Pioli while taking a shot at Haley pointed out the first thing I wanted to see. The team looked organized. The play calling go int, the team performed like they knew what they were doing. There was on busted play, but over all the team has improved dramatically simply from the Coaching change.

I love the play calling. The 4th and one where the defense thought we were just trying to get them to jump, then the shift to 4 wide outs spreading out the defense to get the QB sneak was interesting.

The right side of the line, HELLO.... Please run Right as much as possible. Eric Winston improved that offensive line beyond measure.

I think Cassel did a great job reading the blitzes that Arizon threw at us. Arizona was not playing Vanilla defense. They blitzed a corner and got burned for it by a nice read and dump off to Hillis for the TD. I heard that Cassel made that audible. Something he was not allowed to do before. Not sure if he did or not, but I tend to think they knew where to attack based on what Arizona was showing.

Back up QB's are still very suspect. Neither Quinn or Stanzi made me feel like they were capable of starting yet alone being a long term back up for us if Cassel gets hurt.

Receivers looked good and I think we have 4 very good running backs.

Tribio looked good as did our line backers. That 3rd and 1 stuff was great stuff to see. I wouldn't be surprised if Poe is 3rd string or lower after this week. J. Powe looked much better and had some great penetration.

Not sure why we are carrying a third kicker/punter but he was not an improvement over Colquitt or Succop.

I really hope to see more from the backup QBs this week. Quinn leading Copper? right into that de-cleater wasnt good to see. Hopefully we can see a little Stanzi with the second team although it sounds like it won't make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I really hope to see more from the backup QBs this week. Quinn leading Copper? right into that de-cleater wasnt good to see. Hopefully we can see a little Stanzi with the second team although it sounds like it won't make much difference.
    Trent Green seem to think that that Quinn had a slight edge but expect the two of them to switch roles this week against St. Louis to equal reps with each team.

I did notice that Quinn preferred throws up the middle while Stanzi wanted to throw the long ball down the side lines. They each seemed to have people they trust.

I also liked what I saw from Steve Maneri at TE. He blocked great and had good hands for a big guy. They said he lost 45 pounds in the off season to get ready to play TE.

Default The Stronghold

The Chiefs overall have done an excellent job on securing there flaws from last season. The redzone issue improved greatly. Special teams looked tough. Our D is a force to be reckond with. Scott P is on the right track, just as I knew he would. I think we got a shot, not only at making the post season, but winning a post season game. Loving what im seeing. go CHIEFS

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Poe is 3rd string or lower after this week. J. Powe looked much better and had some great penetration.
    Faaaaaaaact!!!
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I did notice that it looked on tv like we were getting to the punter, our return game didn't look too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I did notice that it looked on tv like we were getting to the punter, our return game didn't look too bad either.
    I forgot about that. Someone was constantly in the punters face. Trust me, that starts to get in the punters head. He out kicked his coverage once and I am sure that is a reason.

I was excited about Friday nights win as well, but was concerned that we may have revealed too much of our offensive playbook too early, tipping our hand so to speak. Our defense played really well also, however, I feel as if we were defending a very basic style offense.

Matt Cassel said it best: "...It's a new era..."

Bottom line is they're much better organized and the coaching is much better. The talent level of the team is much better than it has been in years.

I won't make any predictions other than that if the Chiefs come out as ready to play every week, as they did last Friday night, then every opponent is going to have to prepare very judiciously for that one time when they come face to face with the Chiefs, regardless of where the game is being played.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I won't make any predictions other than that if the Chiefs come out as ready to play every week, as they did last Friday night, then every opponent is going to have to prepare very judiciously for that one time when they come face to face with the Chiefs, regardless of where the game is being played.

gotta rep that

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast