Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Raiders

Default Raiders

Wow they did not look good tonight, lets hope they keep up the good work.

After seeing that, and seeing the Chiefs really look good, I hope we can take this division this year and do something in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Why does everyone on this board disregard Manning as a has been. He had 2 rusty preseason games and then responded 10-12 122 yards and 2 td's against a team that was a play away from winning the super bowl.
    I don't doubt Manning will be effective.....but behind a soft O line and no running to respect. The Donkeys aren't a shoe in to win the west.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't doubt Manning will be effective.....but behind a soft O line and no running to respect. The Donkeys aren't a shoe in to win the west.
    Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding!!!

winnah winnah chicken dinnah!!

But he does have a run game, and a line that has been absolutely outstanding this preseason
    That's great for him but preseason is nothing compared to the real season when defense are actually gameplaning for you .
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Denver ran due mainly to Tebow, and the option.

There is NO WAY they'll get those yards this year. none. won't happen. Tebow pulled the new and improved "next new thing" on the league, and got lucky due to people not being able to game plan due to no tape or time.
    This year, without that, the donks are in for a reality check.

I do not discount their defense however, they do look solid. I just am not sold they have the offense required to win

I got bumped from my updates dangit..

Another thing that was going to tie my rant together:

All that running saved that defense last year, now I said they're looking solid... BUT manning can "quick strike" and get them back in a game, which is going to stress a defense that isn't used to living on the field.
    A 4 minute (total realtime) possession vs an 11.40 (realtime) possession adds up quickly, double so in thin air where they are chugging for O2 already.

I think the defense being on field more makes them less effective, and the offense doesn't dictate pace, I see this as an adjustment period at best, they'll have hiccups, and failures

But he does have a run game, and a line that has been absolutely outstanding this preseason
    Uh, no the run game is average at best, this is why D's will key on the passing game. The O-line is soft, last year Tebow helped the O-line by scrambling.....Manning quick release may help unless he has to get rid of the ball before he wants to.

On the D side....their bread an butter is pass rush. But the DB's (aside from Champ) are below average. The biggest problem on D is their run D. In fact, Donkey fans are still hoping to o pick up a decent DT from the cut day scrap heap.

Hmmm....something tells me your a Donkey fan in disguise.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

They have a good line and with Peyton the defense will be kept honest, which is why i think their runnin game will be effective.
    1> won't need to rush constantly, yardage will go down.
    2> time of possession goes down, defense gets tired.
    3> tired defense, opposition can run on them, control tempo of the game.
    4> they lose games.

That's my main points. I feel they should be better than last year, they almost have to be. But, every action causes and equal and opposite reaction.

These numbers won't look like this next year
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?...EN&seasonType=

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678