The Tampa Bay Buccaneers had 123 penalties last season, which ranked 4 th in the NFL, behind only the Raiders (of course), Seahawks, and dirty, dirty Lions. For head coach Greg Schiano, that amount of penalties is — well, actually, it's just about right. Greg Schiano is the rare coach who embraces penalties. Via Sports Radio Interviews , Schiano told WDAE in Tampa that he doesn't want his team to lead the league in penalties, but he doesn't want a bunch of penalty-free choir boys, either. Get out there, get dirty and draw some laundry, boys. It's a fine line between being a physical, aggressive football team and getting a flag. You gotta be careful. I don't ever want to be the least penalized team in the league, because I don't think you're trying hard enough then. But I certainly do want to be in the top 10. That's where you should be. You should be — five through 10 is a great place to be as a penalized team." I'm not sure if Greg Schiano ranks number one as the most penalized team in the league, or number one as the least penalized team in the league. In either case, he wants his Bucs out there picking up some penalty yardage. So where's the best place to be? There were two teams last year tied with the least amount of penalties in the NFL with 76. One was the Indianapolis Colts, and no, you wouldn't want to be them. Their defense had all the aggression and physicality of the team horse dancing event at London 2012, and they went 2-14. But the other was the Green Bay Packers, and it was pretty good to be them last year, right up until the NFC Championship game. The Packers, with only 76 penalties, play some defense.

More...