Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tamba Hali suspended 1 game for League Substance Abuse Violation

Default Tamba Hali suspended 1 game for League Substance Abuse Violation

This is pretty shocking...Never would have thought this of Hali:

Tamba Hali suspended by NFL for Chiefs regular season opener

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    no they could not increase his suspension. they would just give him a yes or no on his case. if he won obviousley he would not have to serve a suspension. if he lost his suspension would go into affect for only one game.

but it is sounding like hali is already admitting his mistake so he basicly is pleading guilty and not fighting it.
    Thanks for clarifying that. Your strategy was an interesting one, but if Hali is just going to admit he screwed up and take his punishment in a way it is a good thing. He knows he has let the team down and I honestly think he will be in "overdrive" all season trying to make up for it. He has always struck me as a team oriented player.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Lol. I am going to guess that he has his mobile device to thank for that.

I have been using mine a lot lately, and I find it very wise to "preview post" prior to submission.

But even then I still get flaws.
    A,mobile device, cracked screen, and I was working. Did it n a hurry. Music is his next job and his genre of expertise likes the wacky tabaccy. This is what I was saying.

Y'all might have heard the same reports I have, but some reports claiming close sources have said it was possession of pot, minor offence & charges.

Also, this did NOT happen recently, it happened in the past, but was not reported to the NFL at the time. The NFL's punishment now is a delayed one, more or less. No one has confirmed how long ago this happened, nor is it known if it happened during the off season or season.

It's not clear if Hali kept the minor charges from the Chiefs or not. The offence & charges were minor, which is why the NFL's punishment is a light one by comparison to others.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Y'all might have heard the same reports I have, but some reports claiming close sources have said it was possession of pot, minor offence & charges.

Also, this did NOT happen recently, it happened in the past, but was not reported to the NFL at the time. The NFL's punishment now is a delayed one, more or less. No one has confirmed how long ago this happened, nor is it known if it happened during the off season or season.

It's not clear if Hali kept the minor charges from the Chiefs or not. The offense & charges were minor, which is why the NFL's punishment is a light one by comparison to others.
    What I heard froma report yesterday, was that that he was suspended a game due to a legal issue regarding either a DUI or possession and most are suspecting possession since that is easier to hide from the media. Since it was a legal issue the substance abuse program clearly states it is a one game suspension and a one game fine, which equals two game day checks. I believe that since it was a legal issue Tamba knows he has no chance of winning an appeal.

This suspension is in lines to the first phase of the substance abuse.

The player, the team and the NFL new of the issue but kept it under wraps from the media at the time it happened which is why this is the first anyone has heard. It was the media yesterday who twisted thataround to say the League was not ware of it, because they have no reason to hide it from the Media prior to the suspension, which there is also no reason the NFL needed to share it with the Media.

It does bother me that an NFL player knowing there is constant random drug testing would be stupid enough to have anything in his posession illegal. Maybe he was just holding it for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Does this post reply make absolutely no sense to anyone but me, or am I just getting old...er?
    Nope, makes no sense. I wouldn't say you're "getting" old since you already are old.

You tee'd it up for me, what can I say?

Hali’s suspension arises from previously unreported violation of law | ProFootballTalk

Hali’s suspension arises from previously unreported violation of law

Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
    AP Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali has made his living slipping past blockers. At some point in the not-too-distant past, Hali and the team slipped an arrest, prosecution, and disposition of a criminal case past the media.
    The decision of the NFL to suspend Hali for one game under the substance-abuse policy has created plenty of confusion, given that the substance-abuse policy as written doles out suspensions only in four-game and one-year chunks.
    The exception arises when the player has violated the law.
    In Hali’s case, the league office attributes the Hali suspension to just that — violation of the law that was previously unreported and undisclosed. This means that Hali has been arrested at some point for something relating to alcohol or marijuana or some other substance, and that the player, the team, and the league managed to keep the media from finding out about it.
    Under the policy, a first offense for alcohol ordinarily results in a two-game fine only, barring aggravating circumstances. For second and subsequent offenses, a suspension is imposed. For offenses not involving alcohol, the first offense subjects the player to discipline of up to four games.
    It’s our understanding, per a source with knowledge of the situation, that Hali’s offense likely involved marijuana, and that (as the league has announced) the penalty was a one-game suspension and a one-game fine.
    The good news for the Chiefs is that it doesn’t mean Hali is in one of the advanced stages of the substance-abuse program, which would have put him on track for, eventually, a one-year banishment.
    That said, the incident undoubtedly resulted in the placement of Hali in Stage One. Whether he emerges from the program or progresses to Stage Two or Stage Three depends at that point on whether he can choose football over the substance that got him in trouble with the law.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Nope, makes no sense. I wouldn't say you're "getting" old since you already are old.

You tee'd it up for me, what can I say?
    Hence the "...er" on the end of "old".
    Kind of hard to hit it to the green when it's already in the hole youngster.

I'm more worried about Flowers health for the Atlanta game, going to need him

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123