Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tamba Hali suspended 1 game for League Substance Abuse Violation

Default Tamba Hali suspended 1 game for League Substance Abuse Violation

This is pretty shocking...Never would have thought this of Hali:

Tamba Hali suspended by NFL for Chiefs regular season opener

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Everybody takes a wrong turn at some point, and Tamba just happened to get caught when he took his.

Not saying that I approve, just saying it happens.

Look at Justin Houston prior to the draft, and how this same type of thing cost him as far as where he was drafted. But when Houston played well at end of last season, it seemed that all was forgiven.

Hopefully, Hali will learn from it and not make the same mistake twice and maybe have his best season ever in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Does this post reply make absolutely no sense to anyone but me, or am I just getting old...er?
    Lol. I am going to guess that he has his mobile device to thank for that.

I have been using mine a lot lately, and I find it very wise to "preview post" prior to submission.

But even then I still get flaws.

he could appeal it just prior to the opening game against atlanta. and have his suspension pushed back to week two against the bills. wich i really hope he does

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    he could appeal it just prior to the opening game against atlanta. and have his suspension pushed back to week two against the bills. wich i really hope he does
    I didn't know that. Might well be a good strategy. BUT...if he appealed and lost, could the NFL increase his punishment???

A little ganja for tamba.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I didn't know that. Might well be a good strategy. BUT...if he appealed and lost, could the NFL increase his punishment???

no they could not increase his suspension. they would just give him a yes or no on his case. if he won obviousley he would not have to serve a suspension. if he lost his suspension would go into affect for only one game.

but it is sounding like hali is already admitting his mistake so he basicly is pleading guilty and not fighting it.

Stupid stuff like this can easily loose us a game, and 1 game can cause us the playoffs. What an athletic morran!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Stupid stuff like this can easily loose us a game, and 1 game can cause us the playoffs. What an athletic morran!
    yup i think it is huge that they get off to a quick start. and well he just jeporadized that

Several people have observed that this was a dumb mistake and that is no doubt true.

That said I've made more than a few very dumb mistakes in my 55 years on this planet and it would be wrong of me to hold Hali to a higher standard than I do myself.

I'm grateful that the suspension is only one game and I hope he has learned to be a little smarter. Above all, I hope not having him doesn't cost us a game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast