Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tamba Hali suspended 1 game for League Substance Abuse Violation

Default Tamba Hali suspended 1 game for League Substance Abuse Violation

This is pretty shocking...Never would have thought this of Hali:

Tamba Hali suspended by NFL for Chiefs regular season opener

I am grateful that it is one game, but completely shocked that Hali did this. His work ethic alone made him a beast.

WOW, I am stunned. I hate hearing this. I guess it was not that serious since he only got suspended one game, usually they suspend many more. But still. Has anyone heard what he got popped for?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I saw a tweet from Kent Babb saying that it would have been 4 games if it was a PED. So we know that it wasn't steroids...

He has a live for rap and has a studio in his house I got a doklar says its pot. Before I get crucified for corollating the two. Im lustening to tupac and bone.thug z n harmony as I type. People do dumber things drinking than smoking weed.

At least we have time to figure something out, better than happening in Sept. It's only one game, that's not going to define the season, and it's the very first game of the year. I trust that Romeo will find a way around this, not saying its ideal but it's only one guy.

Tamba will bring it when he gets back and a week for him to get 100% healthy isn't all bad. Couple that with a mid season bye week and I'll be looking for a record season from him even missing one game.

What a bonehead!

I would also bet that they found THC (pot) in his system, since it is only one game. He should know that stuff stays in your blood for a long time. It can be detected in a hair sample as long as it hasn't been cut. His stupidity cost him 2 weeks pay and may cost the Chiefs a game. Hopefully he learns a lesson from this.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

IIRC, substance abuse violations typically get a 4-6 game suspension. For Hali to get a 1 game suspension it must have been a pretty low-level violation. My bet is also on pot. I don't like or use the stuff but I don't hold it against anybody who does. As far as I am concerned this is not a black mark on Hali's career. I hate losing him for opening week, but we'll get through. And I think Hali is the kind of player that will feel he has something to prove in week 2 and going forward. This could even wind up as a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    He has a live for rap and has a studio in his house I got a doklar says its pot. Before I get crucified for corollating the two. Im lustening to tupac and bone.thug z n harmony as I type. People do dumber things drinking than smoking weed.

Does this post reply make absolutely no sense to anyone but me, or am I just getting old...er?
    Last edited by Chiefster; 08-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.

I hope so and against the Bills when I will be there that he is pissed and has something to prove I mean...
    Last edited by Sick Dog; 08-20-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast