Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: chiefs vs seattle game chat

Default chiefs vs seattle game chat

Ok boys game3. Hopefully we have a better showing and better ball control. Lets see if Bowe plays.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    and we don't know what Peyton Hillis can do. Hunch is he will be Thomas Jones 2.0.

Based on what? You can't really believe a broke down Thomas Jones and Peyton Hillis are on the same level.

We will see, Hillis struggled last year with a 3.6 ypc and then was hurt the last 6 games.
    Thats a first down every three runs dude.

We have a lot more concerns than that. Our d line looks weak, we have nobody that can play the middle. We have not shown we can stop the run this preseason. Our second and third CB are questionable and we don't know what Peyton Hillis can do. Hunch is he will be Thomas Jones 2.0. It sucks because if JC could be an every down back (which he can't) our offense would be a lot better and with Matt Cassel under center limits us.

I still don't understand why we havn't brought in Shuan Smith, I think he would help us out a lot.
    I meant to say concerns that haven't been addressed. Yes NT may be a weakness right now, but he addressed it by getting Poe, who I think will become at least a serviceable NT, if not a dominant one in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I meant to say concerns that haven't been addressed. Yes NT may be a weakness right now, but he addressed it by getting Poe, who I think will become at least a serviceable NT, if not a dominant one in a year or two.
    I hope your right about Poe I have yet to be impressed by him but it's only preseason so We will see what he is able to do when they are really playing.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Nigerian, cmon you know it doesn't work like that
    3 X 3.6 = 10.8 = first down. Mathmatically it does and if a team can't or won't stop a runner then that's exactly how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I hope your right about Poe I have yet to be impressed by him but it's only preseason so We will see what he is able to do when they are really playing.
    I dont expect anything from him this season, at all. I would be surprised (pleasantly) if he is anything more than a sub guy in passing situations. DL (especially NT in Crennel's system) has a lot of technique that is hard to learn and asks players to do stuff that is counterintuitive to most football players on running downs, but different on passing plays.

Very few DL are able to be competitive with NFL OL in their rookie year. Maybe 1 or 2 each year can hold their own.

I just wanted to put that out there before people start calling Poe a bust 3 weeks into the season when he will likely look the part.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I dont expect anything from him this season, at all. I would be surprised (pleasantly) if he is anything more than a sub guy in passing situations. DL (especially NT in Crennel's system) has a lot of technique that is hard to learn and asks players to do stuff that is counterintuitive to most football players on running downs, but different on passing plays.

Very few DL are able to be competitive with NFL OL in their rookie year. Maybe 1 or 2 each year can hold their own.

I just wanted to put that out there before people start calling Poe a bust 3 weeks into the season when he will likely look the part

I agree with that. I didn't like the pick at the time and won't until he shows me something but I'm willing to give him time to show me and not judge him on his rookie season. I have been wrong before. Like I was with Mccluster. We picked him and I was like STUPID but he proved me wrong so I am very willing to give Poe a fair shot as should everyone.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We will see, Hillis struggled last year with a 3.6 ypc and then was hurt the last 6 games.
    Well, seeing as how he has 17 carries for 97 yards and 1 rushing TD, and an 11 yard TD catch as well.... I would say that there is cause for optimism about what Hills might be able to offer to this team in 2012.

I mean, that is 5.7 YPC, and 17 carries would be just below the average of an NFL premier RB, so ... In what amounts to one game, (almost seems like The Chiefs might have been hiding him in games two, and three.), he has just under 100 yards, two TDs and 5.7 average.

Maybe one would choose to temper their enthusiasm. But equaling him to what Thomas Jones was here, seems like a deliberate attempt to neglect performance in spite of the available facts.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526