Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The elephant in the,room

Default The elephant in the,room

Coaches arent saying much about it nor are players because the league has instructed them to do so. Sports illustrated has an article,this past week about the officials lockout. Its not looking promising. In 2001 officials from ncaa power conferences were used. Officials used to large crowds. This lockout out they are using officials from high school, fcs officials-small college football schools, there are even officials from the lingerie league.

Poor officiating may have more of an influence than we want to,admit

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree with Seek, in that bad calls, or missed calls, have been occurring within pro football since it began. They can & have changed the outcome of a game, but thankfully, not as often as what seems to be occurring now with the replacement refs.

I also feel badly for the replacement refs, they've somewhat been thrown into the fire, but it was their free will choice. It's a bad situation for everyone, but mostly the coaches, players, and fans.

I've long been in favor of full time NFL refs, rather than part time refs, which a majority of have full time executive & professional careers.

All that said, I'd love to be an NFL ref making what the former pro ref's made!!! Just being that close to the action on the field as a passionate fan would be of value to me, also. PRICELESS!!! ;)
    Absolutely! I, too, have long been in favor of this. The should have an officiating commission charged with holding them responsible for doing the job correctly and unbiasedly.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It isn't Goodell. it is the owners.

And I think they are just trying to bully the refs because they didn't like how the lockout of the players went a year ago.

Myself, I tend to lean toward the working man every time.

So my ire is more focused on the owners who are looking to make zero concessions, and demanding countless concessions from the other side.
    Well in this you are wrong. The NFL employs the refs and they are in control of the salaries. The NFL, Goodell and the NFL lawyers are who are in negotiations. In fact, this week, the referees were asking the owners to get involved in the negotiations as the refs felt the owners could help break the stalemate. The owners did refuse to get involved, but the refs would never have asked them to get involved if the owners were not at least somewhat empathetic to getting the ref's issues resolved.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234