Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food for thought on Manning and the Broncos..

Default Food for thought on Manning and the Broncos..

I posted this on Orangemane.com.....I think I just stirred the hornet's nest over there.....what are your thoughts?

13 years as a Colt, Manning went the SB twice and won once. He had a better supporting cast in Indy than he does in Den. What are the odds the Broncos go win the Super Bowl, let alone go to one in the 3-4 years(max 5)he plays in Den. NFL history is not on Denver's side, how many Super Bowl winning QB's have gone to another team and won the SB with their new team? Zero. This is not "Bronco Bashing" just food for thought.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

That's great analysis Yoda, and a very valid point. I think we and the Raiders are going to win a lot more games than people think. And it's going to come down to the last 2 games of the season to decide if it's the Raiders or us in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I posted this on Orangemane.com.....I think I just stirred the hornet's nest over there.....what are your thoughts?

13 years as a Colt, Manning went the SB twice and won once. He had a better supporting cast in Indy than he does in Den. What are the odds the Broncos go win the Super Bowl, let alone go to one in the 3-4 years(max 5)he plays in Den. NFL history is not on Denver's side, how many Super Bowl winning QB's have gone to another team and won the SB with their new team? Zero. This is not "Bronco Bashing" just food for thought.
    Broncos never did win a SB, they had them given to them by the league office in '97 and '98 as a going away present to Elway, because he could not win one outright.

So, in reality, the Broncos SB record is 0 wins, 4 losses, and 2 given to them.

And they won't be winning any with Manning there, either.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Broncos never did win a SB, they had them given to them by the league office in '97 and '98 as a going away present to Elway, because he could not win one outright.

So, in reality, the Broncos SB record is 0 wins, 4 losses, and 2 given to them.

And they won't be winning any with Manning there, either.
    Quoted For Truth

I really hope Tebow has a better year than Manning, then i can see all the angry posts on facebook about how elway was an idiot to let Tebow go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12