Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ and Quinn: Doesn't look good

Hybrid View

Default DJ and Quinn: Doesn't look good

Adam Teicher@adamteicher
    I have to get to news paper work for a little while. hard to read right now but I think there's a reason for concern with Johnson

Adam Teicher@adamteicher
    Can also tell you this: quinn has an injury that could be significant also

two tweets from Teicher. That sucks

We shoulda signed Tebow so he could heal them with his touch but ohhhhh no everyone was against it.

F Quinn but if DJ is really hurt that could be the death blow to the Falcons game. Flowers, Lewis, Hali and Johnson out will make for a free for all when they come to town. Hope we heal up sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    We shoulda signed Tebow so he could heal them with his touch but ohhhhh no everyone was against it.

F Quinn but if DJ is really hurt that could be the death blow to the Falcons game. Flowers, Lewis, Hali and Johnson out will make for a free for all when they come to town. Hope we heal up sooner than later.
    You say F Quinn, but I don't know if you seen Stanzi play. If for some reason Cassel goes down for a couple games, we're screwed.

But, you are right, DJ would be an instant kick in the gut

There's no difference between Stanzi and Quinn if/when Cassel goes down there is no back up plan.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    There's no difference between Stanzi and Quinn if/when Cassel goes down there is no back up plan.
    Whoa! Just my opinion from being at camp, and watching the pre-season games, two of them I was at Arrowhead for...I believe there is a HUGE difference between Quinn & Stanzi!

Brady Quinn overall played great tonight, and that's also the opinion of many pro analysts.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Against the second and third team defenses and during non live tackling at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I am not trying to be rude but what makes you think he played great? He was 6-12 83 yds with an int and a rating of 37.3. Our backup situation has been somewhat of a mess.
    Because he was playing with the back up squad. He didn't look nearly as bad as he has been. Trent Green pointed out that the inteception was the receivers fault because he stopped running his route when he saw Quinn Pump the ball and take a couple more steps to get open.

Not saying he played great but I thought he looked much more composed and made some good decisions.

Fact of the matter our 2nd and 3rd string depth stops at Running Backs and Tight Ends.

I saw DJ take a hit pretty hard to the head. When he got up slow I thought maybe his bell got rung. Surprised to hear it was his Ankle.

Quinn's injury came on a sack. You could even see the yellow mark from the GB helmet on the side of his head. He played through it though, but he was a little timid after that.

When did dj get injured. Never noticed he got injured. If anyone can make up for the loss of dj for a period of time i have faith in crennal and his shemes but we will be limited severely. God forbid we lose anyone else in our secondary cuz our depth sucks.
    And far as quinn and stanzi i think there about the same and thi.k stanzi has more upside than quinn. Only thing quinn has over stanzi is experience and stanzi can only gain that by playing. If stanzi had the same protection as cassel our quinn think he would excel. Tonight he was geting hit as soon as the ball was snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    When did dj get injured. Never noticed he got injured. If anyone can make up for the loss of dj for a period of time i have faith in crennal and his shemes but we will be limited severely. God forbid we lose anyone else in our secondary cuz our depth sucks.
    And far as quinn and stanzi i think there about the same and thi.k stanzi has more upside than quinn. Only thing quinn has over stanzi is experience and stanzi can only gain that by playing. If stanzi had the same protection as cassel our quinn think he would excel. Tonight he was geting hit as soon as the ball was snapped.

During a run play up the middle DJ got buried in the pile, the camera switches to an endzone view and you can see him wince as he is helped up, Houston slaps his helmet a couple time and they play one more down.

Adam Teicher is not considered a reliable source among many. He doesn't have any confirmed info as to how serious the injuries are, I doubt the Chiefs staff do at this point either. It will likely be tomorrow, after more extensive tests are done before we'll know how serious the injuries are.

As of right now, it has been confirmed both are injured, but not confirmed by any official source as to how serious they are. I'm hearing Quinn's was a concussion. DJ's I'm hearing from sources somewhat reliable...it could be any thing from a twisted ankle to a broken ankle, even torn ligaments. No one knows for sure yet, including Adam Teicher.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast