Thread: Final Roster/Cuts

Hybrid View

Default Final Roster/Cuts

The chiefs made the final cuts today:

Chiefs make cuts - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Interesting notes: We cut Donald Washington and Amon Gordon.

We kept 5RBs, 4TEs, and NO FBs. I think we can expect to see Hillis and JC in the back field together. We will probably also see the TEs lineup at FB.

The only backups on OL are Allen and Stephenson. I guess Lilja would be the backup C if Hudson goes down.

We will see who we pickup off of waivers. Supposedly we worked out Shaun Smith earlier this week.

Eachus was running some FB in practice also, and had said a few times if that's what they needed, that's what he'd do. I'm guessing that's where he'll be officially listed.
    Read reports of him doing really well at FB in practice.
    >>> from kcchiefs.com <<<
    The Chiefs went with no fullbacks and kept four tight ends. Tight ends Tony Moeaki and Jake O’Connell each flexed into the backfield this preseason and running back Nate Eachus saw spot duty at fullback when the Chiefs were thin on numbers at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
    Eachus was running some FB in practice also, and had said a few times if that's what they needed, that's what he'd do. I'm guessing that's where he'll be officially listed.
    Read reports of him doing really well at FB in practice.
    >>> from kcchiefs.com <<<
    The Chiefs went with no fullbacks and kept four tight ends. Tight ends Tony Moeaki and Jake O’Connell each flexed into the backfield this preseason and running back Nate Eachus saw spot duty at fullback when the Chiefs were thin on numbers at the position.

I am starting to really like this kid. he is a local here...about 25 min away from me. big article in the local in the local paper. he said he is thrilled he made the team but said he is not stopping there. said he expects to play on special teams and plans to do everything he can to help this team win whatever they ask him to do.

i really liked that he is not satidfied w/making the team....he wants to contribute to helping the team win
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

It's obvious he is the type of player that always gives 100%. I was really hoping he would make the 53. As well as he did in the last two games. there would be little chance of getting him on the PS if released. Some team would have picked him up.
    The Chiefs are Back!

The biggest things I like:

Can-do attitude.

Will to help WHEREVER, WHENEVER.

That right there is the BEST locker room influence you can have, the guys who are tickled to death to be there, and are going to put out all the effort possible to show their gratitude.
    Not the "Ocho Stinko" types of showboats (DeBowe!) and prima donna guys who think we or the team owe them anything, that they are larger than the team, or the game.

I hope this dude sets the league on it's ear, he deserves it, has a really good disposition