Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Completely Agree With This!

Post I Completely Agree With This!

READ THIS ARTICLE 1ST, THEN POST!

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/689347.html

AS I WAS WATCHING THE GAME I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN LJ BUT I WAS MORE DISAPPOINTED IN THE O-LINE. THEY DIDN'T BLOCK FOR NOTHING DURING THAT GAME PLUS, HUARD WAS THROWING MANY INCOMPLETE PASSES. AND NOT THROWS TO BOWE. COME ON. EVEN THOUGH THAT GAME PISSED ME OFF. I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP ON THE TEAM. THE THING ABOUT FOOTBALL FANS IS THEY LOVE U WHEN UR GOOD AND WHEN U F-UP THEY HATE U. COME ON NOW. U CAN'T EXPECT EVERY GAME TO BE WON. I DON'T SEE ANY TEAM GOING 16-0 THIS SEASON OR ANY UPCOMING SEASON. THEY ALL HAVE WEAKNESSES(MAINLY THEIR STAR PLAYERS) FOOTBALL IS A WEEK BY WEEK BASIS. U CAN'T PREDICT ANY SUPERBOWLS OR PLAYOFFS UNTIL THE LAST 2-3 GAMES OF THE SEASON.

P.S. WHO EVER TRULY THINKS PRIEST HOLMES CAN DO SOMETHING SIGNIFICANTLY, STOP DREAMING! HIS TIME HAS PASSED. HE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT. I THINK PRIEST WOULD GOOD AS PART OF THE OFFENSIVE COORIDNATING. B/C THEY ARE SO PREDICTABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    ON the field, you know that Priest will give 110% on EVERY play. We are not getting that from LJ right now.
    That's what 45 mil. pays for. LJ did have a good game today. Although, I could have yelled my lungs out today at work when I saw him carelessly handling the football allowing the defense to swat it out of his hand through the back of the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    That's what 45 mil. pays for. LJ did have a good game today. Although, I could have yelled my lungs out today at work when I saw him carelessly handling the football allowing the defense to swat it out of his hand through the back of the end zone.
    Yeah, I don't think he saw O'neal, he was focused on Hall.

Gotta keep that ball tucked away. But it was his first fumble since Oct 8 of last year. Pretty good at holding onto it normally.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    The article is a good piece.

However, my belief in Preist rides in the man himself. You could look in Preist's eyes and know he would have a different response than what is said he could do on the field, currently, with this line.

Priest believes not only in himself but also in his team as well. LJ does not need to learn any physical thing from Preist about running the football. However, the confidence Priest seems to always exude is a trait LJ would do well to pick up.
    As much as I love to disagree with you about Priest and LJ, I cant disagree on this. I am so totally behind LJ but he has to learn that he isnt going to be money on every play. The trick is to not get down on yourself and the team and have a short memory, LJ has way to good a memory. The play where he got the penalty was just stupid.

I dont think Priest will ever be the #1 running back again, but I do see him jumping back in at #2 Kolby hasnt been given a chance and Bennett isnt that good. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    LJ had a good first half. 17 yards in the second half, a fumble and a tantrum for a penalty. I was behind LJ but he is starting to piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    As much as I love to disagree with you about Priest and LJ, I cant disagree on this. I am so totally behind LJ but he has to learn that he isnt going to be money on every play. The trick is to not get down on yourself and the team and have a short memory, LJ has way to good a memory. The play where he got the penalty was just stupid.

I dont think Priest will ever be the #1 running back again, but I do see him jumping back in at #2 Kolby hasnt been given a chance and Bennett isnt that good. Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    LJ had a good first half. 17 yards in the second half, a fumble and a tantrum for a penalty. I was behind LJ but he is starting to piss me off.
    I am also getting tired of the performance, and penalties.

I blame the performance on the line and the obvious play calling. I think that the reason LJ is keeping away from the press is that he is pissed that Huard is in and that is preventing more robust pass play calling.

He doesn't want to say something that will cause a QB controversy, and or a Head Coach/Offensive Coord controversy.

I think he is being pretty mature about not saying things to the press (thank you Dick Vermiel) and is super frustrated to see his team in this shape without any passion shown from the coaching staff.

I am not going to elaborate more on my feelings because we won and don't want to cause more controversy on the site.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    He had a great game but needs to keep his temper in check.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Priest is who he is.

He did it with a great O line and without.

He may or may not be able to come back.

He IS a great back. You never lose that signature once you have achieved it in the NFL.

You play against the people that play in your era (which is short in the NFL) and then you move on.

Some players are great and can play into their late 30's (kickers 40's) and do well.

No one right now can tell what Priest will do with his comeback because it hasn't happened yet.

Speculation is speculation, and only that.

If a great man says something everyone needs to listen.

If Priest cannot make a comeback he should still be treated with ultimate respect and consideration.

That is all.
    We wont know what he is able to do unless we let him come back and play. He has something to prove to everyone. I respect him for not quitting after being out for 2 seasons cuz of an injury then comming back wanting to play. He has been working tward this moment. I think he should get his chance.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I am also getting tired of the performance, and penalties.

I blame the performance on the line and the obvious play calling. I think that the reason LJ is keeping away from the press is that he is pissed that Huard is in and that is preventing more robust pass play calling.

He doesn't want to say something that will cause a QB controversy, and or a Head Coach/Offensive Coord controversy.

I think he is being pretty mature about not saying things to the press (thank you Dick Vermiel) and is super frustrated to see his team in this shape without any passion shown from the coaching staff.

I am not going to elaborate more on my feelings because we won and don't want to cause more controversy on the site.
    This is something I hadnt thought about, but it makes sense, a lot of us me included are getting upset at LJ, a few are saying he isn't a team player, but he has used a lot of restraint to not go to the media and whine about what is going on.

To me this shows a lot of class, I am sure if I was him I would be frustrated also, but even the haters have to admit it shows some class that he hasn't had any public fits, he isnt calling out huard or hermie, he is just getting frustrated and showing passion.

I do feel he needs a shorter memory but this is something I hadn't thought of thanks HH.

This is something I hadnt thought about, but it makes sense, a lot of us me included are getting upset at LJ, a few are saying he isn't a team player, but he has used a lot of restraint to not go to the media and whine about what is going on.

To me this shows a lot of class, I am sure if I was him I would be frustrated also, but even the haters have to admit it shows some class that he hasn't had any public fits, he isnt calling out huard or hermie, he is just getting frustrated and showing passion.

I do feel he needs a shorter memory but this is something I hadn't thought of thanks HH.
    True he has not pulled a TO yet.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

It does show class that he doesnt call anbody out. I think one reason why he doesnt call anybody out or go to the press is it would cause people to dislike LJ more. I think hes trying to avoid that. It seems like hes starting to respect the team and they are respecting him more. Expect to see the old LJ start to come back with a more motivated O line to block for him better.
    Last edited by m0ebr0; 10-15-2007 at 10:15 AM.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast