Thread: NFL network predictions

Default NFL network predictions

Watching NFL network and they are talking about who would be the first starting QB to struggle and be pulled this year. One of the guys says it is going to be Matt Cassell. I don't personally believe that he is the most (above Wilson, Skelton, Sanchez), only because I don't think we have a starting caliber backup, or a backup that is anywhere near Cassell. Only way that happens is if Matt starts throwing INTs.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I would like to say it would be Cassel, but I don't think Pioli would ever allow it.
    Pioli won't allow it? So IF Cassel starts playing poorly you don't think he would allow Quinn to come in?

I wonder if the Broncos will be putting any billboards up this year.

if we sign kafka then i would agree cassel would be yanked if he struggled, but not w/quinn or stanzi behind him
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    No, he has invested too much into Cassel, have you read the interview where Pioli talked about his hesitancy to draft a qb in the first/second round? The only way I see us replacing Cassel during the season is if we are officially out of the playoff race and are way below .500 this year, which could happen.
    He has just as much invested in Cassel as he did Haley.

If Cassel is pulled it better be in favor of someone not on this team currently.

Pioli and his ego is the death squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    What has his EGO done to kill this team. Yes, he did not replace Cassel this year, from what I have seen the only option was to draft a QB, which based on our picks any other QB out there would have been a huge reach and instead he drafted at a need most people wanted.

What else is there or is the just a negative biased opinion. He did can his first Head Coach Hire in mid season. So his EGO didn't get in they way there.

Not signing Carr, From what I have heard, Carr was going to FA regardless of what the Chiefs tried to get top dollar which he did. So what else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    I beg to differ here. Pioli has done well this year to improve this ball club. I for one am happy with what he has done yet of course we will have the I told ya so's if things do go sour. Winston, best freaking pick up of the off season, Hillis will come in at #2. Give credit where credit is do. Should we do well on the other hand I will be more then happy to drive to where ever you all are at in my gas guzzlin 4X, drink beer and watch you all eat crow! My treat!

If we weren't relying on Brady Quinn as a number 2 then the chances of Cassel being dropped would be much higher. Im not a Cassel fan but he is certainly better than Quinn.