Thread: Trade Idea (that will never happen)

Default Trade Idea (that will never happen)

So as we all no there are big questions about if the Chiefs will be able to lock Bowe up long term or not. So far not so good. So I got to thinking how if Bowe can't be assured of getting a new contract can the Chiefs not lose a beat or maybe even come out better and at the same time not let Bowe walk.

I don't know if anyone here has been watching Hard Knocks this year but watching that show you can see that the Dolphins are pretty desperate at the WR spot. We have seen desperate teams give up a lot for a player see the faiders and Palmer. But I think it's possible we could get a 1 for bowe and maybe a latter round pick then turn that 1 from them (which could be a high 1) and our 1 and (maybe some could see this coming) trade the 2 1s for Larry Fitzgerald from the Cards.

Now I no it will never happen but how many would jump on this? I no i would maybe I should be the GM
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

No way any receiver is worth that especially when u have our quarterbacks

No, I think we should keep him and just wait and see how all of this plays out. It would never happen anyway. I don't think lol....

Fitzgerald is guaranteed close to $50,000,000 between now and 2018. I hate to agree but with or QB "situation" its not worth the money. I'd be open to an idea of using those two firsts if we could draft Barkley and make him a starter day 1, if our season tanks the way some are predicting. If it worked out to get MIA 2013 first round pick it'll probably be pretty high even if they added Bowe.

Problem is I don't think it's best to trade him before we see what kind of year the team is going to have and if that point is where he is still worth a first. I want him to get a long term deal with us.

Fewer people are expecting us to tank then those picking us to be the sleeper team going into the play offs. If we do not do well I'm sure Cassel will be the biggest problem unless we get hit by the injury bug again. We have the fire power to be a Great team this season, we don't need LJ. The cost would be too high and we still have needs going into next season.

Agree okikc, I was trying to refer to some on this site with the tanking.

The idea of trading Bowe to a "cellar dweller" for a first round pick is VERY attractive if we can't make a long term deal with him. But no way I would want to trade 2 1st round picks for Fitz. If next year we found ourselves with 2 first round picks I would be wanting to go after the best QB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    The idea of trading Bowe to a "cellar dweller" for a first round pick is VERY attractive if we can't make a long term deal with him. But no way I would want to trade 2 1st round picks for Fitz. If next year we found ourselves with 2 first round picks I would be wanting to go after the best QB in the draft.
    I look at it as we would only really be giving up 1 pick for him. And he is locked up for a good while we would have the wr spot really locked up for sure there. Then we can see about the other areas of need. I really would love to see it happen but I know better lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I look at it as we would only really be giving up 1 pick for him. And he is locked up for a good while we would have the wr spot really locked up for sure there. Then we can see about the other areas of need. I really would love to see it happen but I know better lol
    I see your point, though my gut still says if we have 2 first round picks we should be looking at a QB. Of course, the next 17 weeks may make me look like a fool on that. HOPE SO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

I fully agree! I just don't think Cassel has earned another contract from us, and we really need to pick up the best qb from this next draft. Than we look for a wr. Why spread the butter before we have the bread?