Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

Vs.
    Atlanta Falcons (0-0)

Sunday, September 10 2012 at Noon Central Time

at

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO

On Fox

Watch online: TheFirstRow.eu
    FirstRow Watch Live NFL Online. Watch Live NCAA Online. American Football Live Streams
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-08-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    There is no doubt that this D today didn't do their job. Others missed assignments dropped balls, let things go ... I wish I could put this all on Cassel that would be an easy fix .. was this all Cassels fault that is a HUGE no. In fact in the first half Cassel did great and kept the team in the game ... And yes things may have been different if Succop would have hit that field goal or if there would have been a catch that got the first and instead of a 40 yard field goal by Succop we went ahead by 4 after a touchdown ... There were a lot of places to put blame in this game ... but when it got a little tough Cassel fell apart ... when he needed to step up and calm this team and be a leader he failed and stepped down. His position and his salary makes it his job to calm the team and step up and be a leader... this is the place he lacks the most. Cassel didnt lose this on his own but he didn't step up and lead the team when they needed it most. It is very easy to lead when things are going great and even when the D is allowing the other team to walk down the field ... but Cassel lost composure after that missed field goal. A starting QB can't lose composure ever no matter what. Matt Cassel is a backup nothing more.
    he stepped up and led this team over, and over again. In this game. But then they failed by Albert getting beaten, and Moeaki failing to keep both hands on the football.

A.d you actually DID put this.loss on Cassel.

Good to see you get a grip on that. But it is that kind of irrationality that had people arguing you so vigorously.

Cassel played pretty well today, until the game got out of hand, primarily due to things beyond his.control.

but it's also the coaches job to make the calls and adjustments to keep the D OFF of matt cassel and allow him the time and the options to take control and get his team going. And they didn't do that. Matt can only do what he can do, it's up to other people. Like Albert keeping abraham off his back on the fumble, moeaki catching the pass instaed of letting it go thru his hands, of the coaches and lines to check off and make adjustments to keep the pocket stable and let matt climb the pocket instead of bail out and run for cover. Matt had a perfect first half, and a mediocre second half but half of that mediocre second half can be blamed on coaches and the line. I have no problems with matt's game today other than the throw across the field.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    There is no doubt that this D today didn't do their job. Others missed assignments dropped balls, let things go ... I wish I could put this all on Cassel that would be an easy fix .. was this all Cassels fault that is a HUGE no. In fact in the first half Cassel did great and kept the team in the game ... And yes things may have been different if Succop would have hit that field goal or if there would have been a catch that got the first and instead of a 40 yard field goal by Succop we went ahead by 4 after a touchdown ... There were a lot of places to put blame in this game ... but when it got a little tough Cassel fell apart ... when he needed to step up and calm this team and be a leader he failed and stepped down. His position and his salary makes it his job to calm the team and step up and be a leader... this is the place he lacks the most. Cassel didnt lose this on his own but he didn't step up and lead the team when they needed it most. It is very easy to lead when things are going great and even when the D is allowing the other team to walk down the field ... but Cassel lost composure after that missed field goal. A starting QB can't lose composure ever no matter what. Matt Cassel is a backup nothing more.
    So tell me isn't Bowe supose to be a top WR? What did he do today to help? What plays did Bowe make. Isn't DJ supose to be one of our top defenders. What did he do today? Where was he? Cassel failed at times but he did a HELL OF A LOT MORE then others. Yet the only one that is really getting the hate is Cassel.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I never said i want a pass happy team. I said we have the capacity and the weapons with the right qb. Im a chiefs fan thats wants improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I never said i want a pass happy team. I said we have the capacity and the weapons with the right qb. Im a chiefs fan thats wants improvement.
    you seemed to take offense when "those who want a pass-happy offense" were told to find.another team.

You response.see by telling him to find another team, and then expressed what you don't like about this team in your response.

I am with you. You are a Chiefs fan.

But it seems you hate our team's leader, who did a pretty good job today, until it got out of hand.

He even looked like the king of QB so many seem to want.

New offense, give it a bit and see if he can adjust to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Yes for one half, then that was it.
    Did our "number 1 wr" even look good for a half????????
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Problem is you need a capable qb that can sit back and stretch the field, we don't have one.

Can we atleast agree that Scott Pioli the general manager who assembles the coaching staff and team is ultimately responsible?
    Strange a Pioli pick that "wasn't going to play" was able to do more then Bowe. What did we suddenly get a new qb when Mccluster was in the game as he was the best WR today
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

How do you explain Matt Ryan's career day? 2 starting WR combined for over 200 yards receiving and 2 td, that is what really killed us on the defensive side of the ball. What about Routt, Elam, Reeves where were they? Were they not a major reason why we lost? Probably the biggest reason.
    What about our pass rush? Don't you think that hurt. where was one of our best players in Hali. Oh ya he got himself suspended. Is that Piolis fault? Funny how you don't call Hali out you give him a hall pass for hurting the team. Where was DJ? Was he a Pioli pick funny how you don't talk about his poor play.

You keep bringing up Bowe, you do know that he is our best WR, a multi year thousand yard receiver.
    He wasn't our number 1 today. If Pioli's picks are so bad then why did Mccluster have a better day then "one of our top players" Funny how you give Bowe a hall pass for his poor day. He didn't even do as much as "a guy who won't play"
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I personally remember a couple good plays by Bowe, and a couple good ones by Moeaki, One AWESOME play by Boss .. and yes all of those were also very good plays by Cassel.

And I will concede that the play that Moeaki dropped could have been a good play by Cassel .. I dont remember the pass honestly. I just get so disgusted when Matt Cassel steps down when he needs to step up.

Once this game started to go bad it went really bad really fast and as the Quarterback I put a lot of that on Cassel... Where I differ from some is I will more than gladly give Cassel credit for a great first half and I would really like to see him step up and be a starting QB .. I just don't see it ..

I was loving it in the first Quarter when I thought I was going to have to eat Crow... The D was failing bad .. letting ATL walk all over them .. But man Cassel and the offense looked good ..

Then the missed field goal .. Succop should have never missed that but something changed after that and it seemed to me that Cassel reverted and just felt defeated .. when he did that it seems the whole team quit ... that usually happens when the leader quits .. That is why I am upset with Cassel and not trusting in his ability to lead this team.

We lost at home to an average team. It's gonna be a long year.
    SHUT IT