Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

Vs.
    Atlanta Falcons (0-0)

Sunday, September 10 2012 at Noon Central Time

at

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO

On Fox

Watch online: TheFirstRow.eu
    FirstRow Watch Live NFL Online. Watch Live NCAA Online. American Football Live Streams
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-08-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Then the missed field goal .. Succop should have never missed that but something changed after that and it seemed to me that Cassel reverted and just felt defeated .. when he did that it seems the whole team quit ... that usually happens when the leader quits .. That is why I am upset with Cassel and not trusting in his ability to lead this team.
    what changed is atl made adjustments with coaching staff and came after us loading the box and blitzing to stop the run and collapse the pocket cause matt was picking them apart. We never adjusted to fix it.. How many negative plays did we have in a row? how many 2nd and 10+'s or 3rd and 10+'s did we have in a row. Matt started having to bail out of the pocket due to pressure from the middle and sides on run blitzes and no time for plays to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    what changed is atl made adjustments with coaching staff and came after us loading the box and blitzing to stop the run and collapse the pocket cause matt was picking them apart. We never adjusted to fix it.. How many negative plays did we have in a row? how many 2nd and 10+'s or 3rd and 10+'s did we have in a row. Matt started having to bail out of the pocket due to pressure from the middle and sides on run blitzes and no time for plays to develop.
    see... I disagree with you here.

It looked like Atlanta's adjustments were not working to me. Cassel led us right down the field on our first second-half possession.

But the missed FG, combined with the following Falcons TD, then the fumble just completely changes the dynamic of the game. And then the Int just sort of sealed it.

It was a short series of horrible mistakes, more than any adjustments made, that altered everything about how the rest of the game was played. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    see... I disagree with you here.

It looked like Atlanta's adjustments were not working to me. Cassel led us right down the field on our first second-half possession.

But the missed FG, combined with the following Falcons TD, then the fumble just completely changes the dynamic of the game. And then the Int just sort of sealed it.

It was a short series of horrible mistakes, more than any adjustments made, that altered everything about how the rest of the game was played. IMO
    Partly yes.
    THe missed FG and then them walking right down the field converting 3rd and longs let them let up on the raines abit and come after our O-Line.

THe first drive of the game they changed a little bit on defense and brought a little bit of pressure but when we missed the FG and they scored a TD to make it a 2 posession game with absolutely no evidence our d was going to make a stop they made adjustments and got WAY more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    But isn't Pioli's fault? The d having absolutely no depth. Whether you want to admit it or not that was primarily Scott Pioli's defense out there. Off of the top of my head (I could be wrong), we had 2 defensive players playing from Herm's era, Glenn Dorsey and DJ who led the team in tackles today.
    Pioli takes his share of blame but he's not alone. The problem was mainly coverage and pass rush. The Players take some share of blame. Mainly to me Hali since his actions got him suspended and he's the best pass rusher that would have helped. Pioli can't be blamed for Hali being suspended But I haven't yet seen you call him out. Just Pioli that's the problem with you. There are guys you just don't like that you call out and then there's the rest who you cut some slack
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

just proof read my above post and i meant first drive of 2nd half.. won't let me edit now

just proof read my above post and i meant first drive of 2nd half.. won't let me edit now
    Proofreading happens before submition.

I knew what you meant though.

lol sometimes my fingers move faster than my eyes unfortunetly

lol sometimes my fingers move faster than my eyes unfortunetly
    I hear ya. Try it on a mobile device, that tries fix all of your spelling for ya.

ya i've noticed your periods instead of spaces in some of your posts so i knew you were on a mobile ;) damn technology!

ya i've noticed your periods instead of spaces in some of your posts so i knew you were on a mobile ;) damn technology!
    That would true.

But that is not to say that I am any kind of grammar expert either.